Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal

ripping the wall off the side of the local tavern, i ask the barkeep if hes heard any rumors. he glares at me and points to the "no bulldozers" sign. i sigh and leave empty handed, wishing id put more points into charisma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

ursula k. le guin's the tombs of atuan, except every character is operating a bulldozer

ty nesamdoom!

Brute Squad

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

there are whispers of a great warrior living in the town who may aid you on your quest.

what, pray tell, is the great warrior's name?

Mike Mulligan.

Let's ride.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

ursula k. le guin's the tombs of atuan, except every character is operating a bulldozer

lmao

Mentat Radnor

~Water flowers every day~
DM: "The Berserker's axe cleaves deeply into the fire elemental lord's chest, and with one final fiery shriek the bright red glow of its eyes dims to embers and then extinguishes forever. The Dwarven capital city is saved from certain immolation!"

Human Oracle: "I search the corpse for items."

DM: "It's a pile of incredibly hot ash and cinders that repels you with painful heat."

Human Oracle: "I cast Protection from Energy: Fire on myself and then search the corpse for items."

DM: *annoyed* *rolls dice* . . .
"OK, you find - are you writing this down? It's not my job to keep track of this for you so pick up your pencil . . . OK, you find a platinum ring with a large emerald inset into it, a chain mail shirt that feels unnaturally light and strong, ten red gemstones of varying size, and . . . *rolls dice* . . . 40 liters of refined diesel fuel in two jerry cans."

Human Oracle: "Oh thank Sarenrae, I thought my 'dozer was gonna be stuck in this stupid cave forever! I cast Detect Magic and look at the loot."

DM: "The ring, the chain shirt, and the jerry cans full of diesel are all emitting a magical aura."

Manifisto

Brute Squad posted:

there are whispers of a great warrior living in the town who may aid you on your quest.

Mike Mulligan.

Let's ride.

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

Brute Squad posted:

Mike Mulligan.

Let's ride.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

Mentat Radnor posted:

DM: "The Berserker's axe cleaves deeply into the fire elemental lord's chest, and with one final fiery shriek the bright red glow of its eyes dims to embers and then extinguishes forever. The Dwarven capital city is saved from certain immolation!"

DM: "It's a pile of incredibly hot ash and cinders that repels you with painful heat."

Human Oracle: "I cast Protection from Energy: Fire on myself and then search the corpse for items."

"OK, you find - are you writing this down? It's not my job to keep track of this for you so pick up your pencil . . . OK, you find a platinum ring with a large emerald inset into it, a chain mail shirt that feels unnaturally light and strong, ten red gemstones of varying size, and . . . *rolls dice* . . . 40 liters of refined diesel fuel in two jerry cans."

Human Oracle: "Oh thank Sarenrae, I thought my 'dozer was gonna be stuck in this stupid cave forever! I cast Detect Magic and look at the loot."

DM: "The ring, the chain shirt, and the jerry cans full of diesel are all emitting a magical aura."

cursed diesel of + 3 global warming

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

nut

Mentat Radnor posted:

Stoner Sloth posted:

cda

by Hand Knit

Stoner Sloth posted:

Escape From Noise

Refusing healing from the cleric so that I can claim workman's comp.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
party buffs up before a big fight by drinking a potion which clads them in glowing ephemeral hard hats, face masks, and kneepads.

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
workplace pranks: imbuing a heavy load with Mass Raise Dead, dropping it from a tall height on top of a load of unsuspecting acapella singers.

they'll die, but not for long.

crimes

Finger Prince

The kobold lunges desperately at your dozer!
It's a critical hit! His tiny dagger pierces the hydraulic supply line, causing a pinhole leak, filling the air with a toxic cloud of hydraulic fluid mist! The caustic mist burns your eyes, make a saving throw for constitution!

cda

by Hand Knit

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

party buffs up before a big fight by drinking a potion which clads them in glowing ephemeral hard hats, face masks, and kneepads.

welcome back

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Finger Prince posted:

The kobold lunges desperately at your dozer!
It's a critical hit! His tiny dagger pierces the hydraulic supply line, causing a pinhole leak, filling the air with a toxic cloud of hydraulic fluid mist! The caustic mist burns your eyes, make a saving throw for constitution!

1 *winces*

I'd like to use my last luck of the day to reroll that

oh, WHAT... another 1, okay so how boned am I?

sig by owlhawk911

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
me playing a ranger, offering a handful of lugnuts to a curious baby backhoe, rolling nat 20s on my Handle Animal skill like a foreman.

cda posted:

welcome back

ty

crimes

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

A forest of hostile treants surrounds my dozer, thinking they’ve finally stopped me. I toss my cigar on the ground, and turn to the rest of the party, grinning wickedly

“Time to get out the feller-buncher and make a little lumber”

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
using a gem of true seeing to differentiate a vase from a reliquary, as the latter can only be handled by a member of the Tomb Raiders Union, local 36DD.

crimes

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Waiting on the Thieves Guild guys to get off their 4th legally mandated coffee break of the morning and finish disabling this damned pit trap.

Dragons are easy, Thieves Guild shop stewards are CR 22 and immune to all diplomacy checks and charm spells.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Finger Prince

pixaal posted:

1 *winces*

I'd like to use my last luck of the day to reroll that

oh, WHAT... another 1, okay so how boned am I?

Take 1d10 damage!
The burning pain in your eyes is excruciating. Luckily there is some castor oil in the first aid kit in the dozer, unluckily, you are temporarily blind so fumbling around for relief causes you to be Stunned for the next round. Also your dozer has lost all hydraulic pressure and cannot attack until you can isolate the leak. It can still move.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
the OSHA thread is the best thread in GBS. they provided me hard numbers for calculating what kind of effort it would take to physically demolish a tomb.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Thanks to Devor for providing approximate numbers for this one. I recalculated volumes after realizing that 1) I am bad at math and 2) stoned. It would take one team 45 days to level the site to grade, then 267 to excavate the additional 20 yards down.

Think I'm gonna have to go with the nuclear option on this one.

crimes

pixaal

Okay so we need to go digging for radioactive to make nuclear bulldozers or something? I would like to try and craft a geiger counter

sig by owlhawk911

Brute Squad

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

the ceiling mimic gets a surprise attack, but they roll at a disadvantage due to the bobcat's cage.

never leave the cage.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

the OSHA thread is the best thread in GBS. they provided me hard numbers for calculating what kind of effort it would take to physically demolish a tomb.

i love this thread so much. it has brought me much joy and i really, really, REALLY want to play this campaign

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

pixaal

owlhawk911 posted:

i love this thread so much. it has brought me much joy and i really, really, REALLY want to play this campaign

we are playing right now! :justpost:

sig by owlhawk911

xcheopis

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

That is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
alright now that we know it would take marginally less than a year for an actual bulldozer squad to demolish the tomb can we goldmine this thread?

crimes