Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This side of the car was cut open, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That's Sophia Floersch, she broke her back but was only out for a couple months iirc.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I've never seen a director do a sudden close zoom like that on leaking fuel.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that crash is instructive because Horton was fine but Stanley Smith, who "just" took a head-on hit into T1 was nearly killed- the first safety worker on the scene clearly saw some bad poo poo because he's borderline panicking looking into the car.

I remember the guy who crashed with JD McDuffie said the scene inside the car was so bad he had to close his eyes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

daughters strategically placed to hide cool new robot legs

Dude's gonna be pissed when he finds out they run on moon dust

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Nah, that's a soundstage.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mischief posted:

Personally I really preferred the worried Ashley Judd in a sundress cam.

Don't forget the big floppy hat

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dave Moody sucks

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

hmm I wonder if twitter user DRUNK BRIAN FRANCE is actually brian j france

Technically yes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pretty sure most F1 tracks paved their runoffs at the request of MotoGP. I don't think they are actually safer than gravel for cars. There's been lots of bad crashes recently because a car has slid through a paved runoff at high speed.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I would much rather a car roll than slide almost unabated into a wall, but again, bikes have very different requirements.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

can we not wish death on political enemies in sports threads?

No

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

there is 1,600 people in my work building and everyone is still here, so...

Our offices keep telling us to prepare to WFH but haven't actually pulled the trigger. Everyone is dragging their feet for far too long.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shine posted:

I use a Logitech G27 (the predecessor to the G29), though I recently splurged on Fanatec pedals. Basically any wheel you can buy at the charred remains of Fry's or Best Buy is fine and will be fine for years.

If you get super into sim stuff and don't have to spend money raising children, then eventually you might wanna upgrade your pedals, as pressure-based pedals (i.e. load cell pedals) make a legit difference in your braking consistency, which is nice on short ovals and road courses. But plenty of people never do, and they still do just fine. So yeah, to just hop in and start racing, buy whatever cheap poo poo you can find and have fun!

Stoffel Vandoorne is racing with a G29

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

Kenseth to replace Larson. Dang, chip.

Well this is a loving nightmare

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mischief posted:

Go outside, honey. You're getting annoying.

:thunk:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Convince me you DID do it on purpose and you'll have a fan for life.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

My dad talked about when we'd attend this race watching the start, then spacing out until lap 300, at which point it was worth paying attention to again.

Whenever I went to Cup races at Indy there were always huge groups of people sheltering from the heat under the grandstands during the middle of the race.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is the greatest thing that's ever happened.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't believe some of the early episodes of The Office haven't drawn scrutiny.

Loved this: https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/the-office/the-office-binge-review-dwight/

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

God, imagine sucking so much that Joey Logano takes a moral stand against you.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Maybe he can do one for Ray Ciccarelli.

I think those are usually just plain white

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

I just have to say, what a fantastic face turn and sequence of events in the world of NASCAR in the last few wee---

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/1272653111065284615

...damnit.

This is the worst loving poo poo I've ever seen in my life and my monitor is on. How dare you

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I Love Ryan Blaney

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

God I love Ryan Blaney

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow I had no idea he played Jess on Gilmore Girls

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mischief posted:

I think part of the problem people here have is that the whole thing seems manufactured and insincere. I personally think people make mistakes and you can't change someone's life based on a dipshit move. At the same time I can see where people feel like money and influence was thrown at this particular problem and he probably didn't really learn much other than some catch phrases and buzzwords.

Cancel culture is bullshit though. Let him without sin, etc. We're all assholes. We all make mistakes.

Cancel culture aka actually facing consequences for your actions

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mischief posted:

You can have consequences without ruining your life. It's called growing up.

In what universe do you equate "can't be a millionaire race car driver" with a ruined life?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Vomitorium posted:

Mm, cancel culture.

To race you need sponsorship and the sponsorship you want is the one worth a lot of money. For the company to have a lot of money to spend on sponsorship, they need to be successful. To be a successful company to need to maintain things like not being racist or acting in ways that are illegal or will diminish your brand.

Tennis doesn’t work like this. Few hundred bucks and I can get you the best racquet and some great shoes, grab a tshirt and shorts and we can go down to some public courts and give it a go. Racing is nothing like this, that’s why there are so many spectators.. just participating requires a level of investment beyond many people.

So.. to be given the golden ticket.. for one of these huge rich racing teams and corporate partners to choose you.. you need to understand what I just said.

I agree cancel culture is bullshit and the modern online witchhunts lead by people that have never done anything more in their lives than post, driven by envy and spite, are garbage. But in racing we all want to sign that sponsor and to make such a simple and easy to avoid move like using the n-word is just.. its lazy. He deserves to lose it, plenty of other kids out there wanting the drive that might even deserve it and they’ll be sure to do their bit.

It’s a 24/7 job, it’s a lifestyle not a job. Don’t think I’d be too good at it to be honest, I can hopefully drive the car but constantly watching what I say I would find really oppressive. But that’s the deal, so yeah.. don’t say dumb poo poo in public chat.

Ah yes, it's definitely envy and spite that makes me think broadcasting the n-word on Twitch is a bad thing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Meanwhile, Rick Allen ended his own career tonight:
https://twitter.com/CalebHoffman92/status/1325226435943018496?s=19

holy loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

https://twitter.com/joshreaume/status/1326365127805968386