Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I think Kyle thought he was clear up and blew it. Racin'.

"No way to prevent this" says only guy this routinely happens to

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

they should do the second half backwards, for the troops

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

hendrick's cars are a loving circus act

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

why would you choose to not win, when you could win

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Looks like chase elliot is going to cruise to an easy victory, now let me take a big sip of water...

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

Do we think Jimmie is over the hill and lost his reaction time? Because that does happen at Bristol always but

https://twitter.com/NickBromberg/status/1267205960776454145

If reaction time were that much of an issue for him, he'd be running into a lot more than just one guy per race

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

well logano definitely has a reason to be mad now

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Also, there is not a single driver luckier than keslowski.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

In my experience, twitter comments contain every single possible opinion, so quoting a twitter comment isn't really saying much, especially now that there are a ton of accounts that are posting lovely opinions as a troll to get people riled.

That said, what kind of person would swear off of Nascar because of the BLM stuff? Like who would watch 3 hours of this if all they cared about was the politics?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

big nipples big life posted:

Bubba's CC gambles with 2, car looking good out front but tire wear is a thing tonight, not sure that was a good move.

it's for the good of the sport

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it rules that the social distancing car and the black lives matter car are 1-2

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Only 10 to go to the stage, could work out well for stage points at least.

He got about 4 spots out of it, not a bad call at all.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

If you're willingly giving up a ride in any of the top 3 nascar series because they're banning the confederate flag, you've gotta be like... psychotically racist.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

It seems a bit dishonest to give equal media coverage to this truck series nobody and Bubba Wallace. Like, Joey Gase would walk this guy but because he is a racist shithead he gets a soapbox?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Speaking of Joey Gase how about failing inspection 5 times? lol, did he try to show up with an indy car?

e: the media near me (morning radio show) covered him as a part time backmarker that nobody will know is gone.

I mean he dropped a battery on the track by like lap 5 so he should've failed 6 inspections.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

how is racism so important to people that they're willing to lose their reputation and all of their income for it? like even if you are somehow immune from consequences for your words the best case scenario is you hurt someone else's feelings how is it worth it?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Imagine being like 9 years old and your dad comes home one day all pissed off and nobody talks during dinner, then after dinner your mom explains to you that you have to move to an apartment because your father posted a bunch of thumbs down emojis at the black lives matter car on twitter.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

when is the last time the 43 won a race? 2014?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

kyle busch looking good with the bobby labonte paint scheme

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I have never been more confident of anything than I am of the fact tht alex bowman will not finish in the top 20 of this race

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

thanks to that 4 tire stop wallace finished behind jimmy johnson, who wrecked to bring out the caution. what a stupid call.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

looked like he might've been out of gas and would've been at the back anyway, might as well take tires are that point

yeah according to his post race interview he ran out of gas. he's been doing alright lately, glad to see it.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

garbage tier apology. i wonder what travis kvapil and jack sprague have to say.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

oh, that noose? yeah that noose was always there.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if only there were multiple black drivers, so one person's reputation didn't hinge on a bunch white peoples foolishness

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

going to be a lot of racists showing their rear end

everyone with a driver seat selfie twitter pic is gonna be a pull rope expert all of the sudden

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i mean i have questions for whoever fashioned that pull cord but now isn't the time

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

galaxy brain not hiring any black people so you can say the n word at work

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

what is the cutoff for filming these "going to commercial" bits where the current leader mugs for the camera. does ricky stenhouse have one?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i don't think jimmy spencer is gonna lead a race any time soon

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The NyQuil 400

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

this race has improved

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

boy i sure wish i was watching formula 1 or some dumb bullshit right now

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Beachbum30 posted:

all f you who give me poo poo are the worst racists

read

https://research.msu.edu/the-truth-behind-racial-disparties-in-fatal-police-shootings/

im sure all you assholes will tear that apart but facts are facts dummies

bullets

read The New Jim Crow, or any book at all honestly you clown we're not less informed than you and reading 5 paragraphs online isn't going to change anyone's opinion.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

he was too cheap to pay a guy to fly his plane for him. checks out.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I wasn't watching last year so I was supremely unaware of the conditions under which Justin Haley qualified for the all star race:

Wikipedia posted:

For Daytona's Coke Zero Sugar 400, he qualified 34th. In the race, with around 30 laps to go, Austin Dillon and Clint Bowyer tangled, causing "The Big One". Haley, in 27th, narrowly avoided it and sneaked into 3rd. Race leader Kurt Busch and second-place Landon Cassill would pit under caution but Haley did not, inheriting the lead just before lightning struck near the race track, red-flagging the race. After hours of red flag conditions, the race was called, securing Haley's first Cup win in his third start and Spire's first win in their maiden season.[21][22] Since Haley was accepting points for the 2019 Xfinity Series, and was not competing full-time in the Cup Series, he would not be eligible for the 2019 Cup playoffs.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

some hilarious driving from mcdowell

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

the name "Front Row Motorsports" really misses the mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I don't care what has to happen for someone other than Kevin Harvick and Denny Hamlin to win every race. It's not like this is the only time in Nascar history some dipshit has wrecked stupidly and influenced the outcome of a race.