Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Peanut President posted:

Indycar driver James Davison is running the Daytona 500 with an Indycar

Hmm, I'm not too up to date on the rules, but I am pretty sure this is probably not too safe for Daytona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Eh, it's Nascar. No matter what storylines or whatever they try to do. Deep down, you just have to accept it's a redneck republican series. Not gonna have Bernie there waving a flag.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Raining in Florida, "It's been a weird day of weather!"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Apraxin posted:

yeah, the whole thing just flew off the frame, it's pretty :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzxcuV5rmA4

Then 12 years later they still hadn't fixed that part of the track... Also the guy walks out the front of the car...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxtID4k3UBw

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 18, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CactusWeasle posted:

Something I noticed - on Friday night, Ty Majeski flipped on his roof and they spent quite a while talking to him, and many minutes to slowly turn the truck back over.

Last night, they had Newman's car back on its wheels very, very quickly. Honestly don't know how to read that - if anything - but it was curious.

Well considering Newman has serious injuries. He was probably both not conscious and probably visibly injured to the medical staff. So no time to waste getting him out of the car and getting treatment started.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So was the head injury something that happened during the crash or did they find out about it because of the crash :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm the lady using a notecard so I don't forget my prayer lines.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well at least now they won't have to strategically point the cameras to not show the empty seats, right?

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1238156124727238657

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They got Jeff Gordon and Mike Joy doing commentary for iRacing now? Guess they are getting paid a season salary by Fox and they want to get them to work? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlOzoTqsV8k

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Cup drivers are gonna get into fist fights the first time they get back to the real world track because of the iRacing races.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gotta suck to lose your ride for being a piece of poo poo in a video game.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cool little video with Jr. getting Wilkesboro cleaned up so iRacing could scan it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNAyO19oIz0

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

algebra testes posted:

That invitational race was really good today.

NWS........ is......a......good....track????

It seems running a race on a track they never get to race on brought out the best in all the drivers. Or maybe they didn't want to disappoint Jr. by having a lovely race on the track he put so much into to race.

Anyway, guess it's time for the Covid Cup Series.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe the race coverage will be better today as they don't have to strategically aim the cameras to not show the empty stands?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It would be pretty cool if they showed some racing instead of commercials... but it is Nascar.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shinjobi posted:

So what's with this "no mph display on pit entry"

We just playing guessing games now?

That's how it always is ;) just normally they get some practice laps and can get a feel for the pit road speed.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am kind of surprised that they completely called out Kyle Larson for losing his ride at the beginning though... straight up said he used a racial slur during an iracing event and lost his ride to Matt.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So do the teams usually swap out pit crew members or are they usually the same crews from race to race?

Running 2 races a week is probably going to take a pretty big toll on the drivers and also the pit crews if they don't rotate.

I mean sure they do lots of practice and qualifying during the week so maybe it's not so crazy... might get some fun drama come June when these guys are not going to be getting much time to cool off after people dump them in the wall...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So they are doing the starting order by flipping the finishing positions of 1st-20th from the previous race and keeping 21st-40th the same... That's gotta suck for those that got caught up in wrecks in the previous race. Big old gently caress you for loving up, start from the back!

Also looks like they have moved the start time up because it's going to get rained out tomorrow too :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I could believe that Kyle made a mistake and was just trying to get in line. But it's gonna be interesting to see how they race against each other in the next race when they don't even get to run any laps before the next green flag...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kyle Busch still running the Xfinity races is pretty crazy. Dudes racing 4 races in a week... he's probably having a blast though because his brain is just about racing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well then he's truly a madman if he's going to run a race 4 days in a row. How are the truck drivers even supposed to compete with what I assume is no practice against a guy that's already had 900 miles of practice on the track... (I guess the same could be said with the Xfinity series too)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

lol, "Education Lottery"

What a race sponsor title.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

Well, this first segment in the return to racing has had some pretty good tracks. I hope everybody enjoys it because, well, here's what's next:

I'm glad NASCAR gave up on its Fourth of July tradition in a year in which the race would have landed on the 4th for a Sunday afternoon race that starts at 4 goddamn pm.

drat that's a crazy schedule... Getting all the bad tracks out of the way in case they can have fans at some races in the fall...

But drat, that July 11-23rd stretch is pretty crazy... 4 different tracks in 4 entirely different locations in 12 days... plus these are going to be a lot of hot as gently caress races in a row for the drivers, pit crews and the cars to deal with.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Reynold posted:

A pic NASCAR posted to their official FB page of Bubba Wallace wearing an "I CAN'T BREATHE" BLM shirt has almost 4k angry emoji responses on it.

They didn't know how real the shirt was until after the race.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pinecone Sample posted:

I know a couple of tracks have done college discounts and stuff, but that's what they need more of, and let them know that you can bring your own beer to on raceday. To talk more about physics on the broadcasts and appeal to enginerds.

And of course getting kids hooked.

Honestly, they've already shown they can survive without any fans in the stands. Maybe they should consider making the tickets dirt cheap so people can actually take their family to a race and not spend $1,000.

But Nascar being the only sport really going at the moment and doing a bunch of positive poo poo to get rid of their redneck fanbase, it's probably going to bring in some of the young adults that used to watch it when they were kids...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

chamois posted:

how is racism so important to people that they're willing to lose their reputation and all of their income for it? like even if you are somehow immune from consequences for your words the best case scenario is you hurt someone else's feelings how is it worth it?

Look, you can't start bringing "politics" that I don't agree with into Nascar, I won't stand for it!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nascar keeping up with it's image still :(

One would hope the garages had security cameras at least in the garages... but also you wouldn't want Nascar to watch your team cheating so I dunno...

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 22, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CactusWeasle posted:

There HAS to be camera everywhere, right? I mean racists are dumb as poo poo so surely there's crystal clear 4k footage of something that generations of inbreeding attempted to form into a face.

You would think so... but I would imagine teams wouldn't want cameras in the garages... some nonsense about not getting on camera trying to cheat or giving other teams access to what your team is doing to the car...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dik Hz posted:

Is there a world where Bubba gets the 48?

Maybe not the 48. But if the team has an opening, I wouldn't be surprised if Bubba would be in the consideration. With all the anti-racism going on in Nascar and potentially bringing new fans in, Bubba might be a pretty hot merchandise seller...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

lol, it's pretty much the same as their first statement except they didn't attempt to call him an amazing person in the statement...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

This is so weird and bazaar. Why would this become such a huge issue if it was attached and part of the garage door when it was discovered? Or was it cut prior and somewhere else in the garage when the team found it?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wonder where all the "Lets keep politics out of Nascar" guys are now?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well that's probably not good since I assume most of the drivers time these last few months has been directly around their pit crews and other drivers...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Peanut President posted:

so who all's excited to not watch Texas this weekend

It's too bad F1 isn't running at COTA this year the same weekend and having the bigger crowd.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 19, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Did you misread my post or something? Both races were on the same weekend last year ;)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cygni posted:

...what?

What is confusing about that? :lol:

The F1 American Grand Prix at COTA was held the same weekend (November 1-3) in 2019 as the Texas 500. The F1 race had a much bigger crowd.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cygni posted:

is having your brain installed backwards a prerequisite for being an f1 fan or somethin

Um what? Nascar thread full of dummies getting upset about F1 being more popular. Even in Texas?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mischief posted:

Nascar is in Texas.
F1 is in Hungary.
Today.

Having a hard time seeing what's confusing, even for a loving waterhead like you.

Edit: Hamilton with a 20+ second gap to P2. Riveting.

When did I say they were running the same weekend this weekend? Nascar posters can't loving read?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CBJSprague24 posted:

A couple sources I've seen, maybe the most reputable being Jayski, says he's going to Hendrick and the 88 will be renumbered to 5.

Also, Hailie Deegan is going full-time in trucks next year.

They should just keep him in the 88 so everyone knows he's a racist hero / rear end in a top hat depending on their views...