Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Dehydrator for 30 mins works great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
barkeepers

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
kimchi is the real national dish of korea, the bibimbap is for the tourism agency to have something to work with

find a korean person in your area who still has an accent, they'll know how to get kimchi

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if its solid at room temp better as a sub for butter

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fried tvp is better than most fried beef

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
prolly mostly lard

also a high fat cut of chicken

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Squashy Nipples posted:

Tell her she needs a giant wooden mallet.

like, unironically actually

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you could just thaw and eat them as you planned?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

If you end up really desperate, I know from experience in cheese-deprived realms that cheese can be frozen without too much damage. Slice into reasonable pieces, wrap it tightly in plastic, stick it in a freezer bag. Cheddar does well this way.

you can grate from frozen w a really great grater too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can get really bad diarrhea from raw soybeans

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can get portable propane dealios that have the possibility of getting hot enough. also the outdoor grill, if you have one

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
kenji did a dealio on this, here

https://www.seriouseats.com/2012/06/the-food-lab-for-the-best-stir-fry-fire-up-the-grill.html

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i used to do butter. i am a fatass tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
no asian society eats less than the usa recommended intake of sodium

(no society at all eats less than the usa recommenced intake of sodium, its one reason why hospital food sucks)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there are bonesaws rated for cutting frozen beef, dunno if thats viable

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
bulgogi never has spice tho

what its good for is to get turbo midwest american or something like that peeps to eat something, anything asian. kinda like american chinese food really

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its valentina cuz they also optimize on price

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
poke me an invite

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

You could go korean. Try adding gochujang with the sesame oil and shiitake mushrooms. I like drowning my stir frys with furikake seasoning too.

a material proportion of gochujang is not gf

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i did thanksgiving one year w a whole duck in an xl sized toaster oven and that went over p well

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
also depends a lot on your hand size

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you do it to temp itll be fine wrt dryness, if you do it to steak time itll turn into jerky sure

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven is that gross margin in an air fryer is like 50% and gross margin for a convection oven is like 20%. moves the profit margin and ebitda quite a bit

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
sous vide if small enough

roasting incredibly slowly in oven from frozen if too big

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
1kg will be done thawing in running water in 2 or 3 hours, probably less, depending really heavily on shape. deffo getting close to not hhappy times territory

give us a photo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fridge overnight and finish under sink for like 30 mins?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Bollock Monkey posted:

These meat lumps stay rock solid in my fridge for well over a day, hence the original query really!

the finishing part will go faster, is the prediction, basically

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
worst case, can also just whip it up

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
fresh not canned and food processor is fairly better cuz blenders can cook

gotta strain also. depends heavily on tomato source whether it makes a positive difference wrt normal tomato puree

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Eeyo posted:

You should absolutely do that, it’s called “bibimbap” and one of the biggest Korean culinary exports. Just do a mixture of veggies you like/are in season, some fried tofu, and optionally a fried egg (raw egg is also common in Korea). The sauce is just a mix of the gochujang, watered down a bit, and maybe with some sesame oil in it and optionally sesame seeds. Plate it by putting the veggies in piles on top of the rice, add the sauce to taste and mix it up.

bibimbap almost wo exception has meat in it so unless you are in america or a hipster place in seoul and they actually say its a veggie bibimbap dont assume that bibimbap is vegetarian anywhere outside of your own kitchen

cant assume any korean food is vegetarian even if it sounds like it should be. kimchi has oysters and or fish sauce like 60-95% of the time depending on region

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
normal hammer also works

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
skillet pizza, lopez-alt has a recipe

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres a no oven version

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/03/skillet-neapolitan-pizza-no-kneading-or-oven-recipe.html

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
oftentimes the thing that is wanted is emulsification. rouxs and starch waters forex are good emulsifiers. but soy lecithin is prolly the best emulsifier. tiny drops will do

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 4, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
ditto w soy lecithin. big food conglomerates use both because they are cheap as gently caress in volume cuz so little is needed

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
make a demi, hope you didnt salt the stock

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
closest would be steaming but yeah thats bizarre

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you used about a third to half the amount of salt required, depending on the brand. i bet that's it

measure out 30g per small head or 35-40g for a deec sized head or more realistically 2g salt per 100g cabbage. below 1% salt, lactobacillus cant outcompete the spoiling bacteria

you can sauerkraut in pretty much open air but lactoferment is a salt needing dealio, i wouldnt eat it

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Sep 6, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
thickening is done mainly by gluten and amylopectin, both of which is lacking in coconut flour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i got a free pass to miss allergy season by wearing n95 and p100 masks all the time this year (and not going outside ofc) and i took it lol