Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
hello happy new year its january which means its time to release new electronics as soon as the return window on the stuff you bought for christmas expires

ces is one of the like 3 to 5 relevant tech fairs in the world. the taiwan computex one is the best because taiwan is kicking everyones rear end lately. ces is mostly for tvs and vapourware really. for things people dont care much about.

the keynotes that paid ces to be featured on their website are
- samsung (Jan 6 6:30 PM)
- daimler aka mercedes (Jan 6 8:30 PM): Ola Källenius will present a groundbreaking concept car inspired by one of the most innovative entertainment brands, envisioning a completely new form of interaction between humans, technology and nature. wowza!!! i dont think i will be able to sleep im so excited for this
- delta (Jan 7 8:30 AM). cool.
- ivanka trump lol (Jan 7 2:00 PM)
- quibi (Jan 8 9:30 AM). its like apple tv+ but the episodes are 3 mins long or something
- us department of transportation (Jan 8 11:30 AM). i guess theyre trying to recruit whoever actually attends ces
- nbcuniversal (Jan 8 4:00 PM). theyre making a streaming service called peacock. great name

some actual tech keynotes from techradar on jan 6

LG Electronics 8:00 AM
Bosch 9:00 AM
Panasonic 10:00 AM
Hisense 11:00 AM
Qualcomm 11:00 AM
TCL 12:00 PM
AMD 2:00 PM
Intel 4:00 PM
Sony 5:00 PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i just noticed mandy moore will be at the nbc keynote. shes dreamy

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i use an ue boom 2 bluetooth speaker in the shower

tbh having one built in to the showerhead doesnt sound that stupid but it also doesnt really have any advantage over a portable better speaker like mine that you can also use for other things although i never do

poty
Jun 21, 2008

so this year more 8k tvs are coming out. maybe theyll be more efficient than the current samsung 8ks whose processors burn like the sun. its similar to the 5g situation on phones.

since there wont ever be 8k video content theyre trying to sell it like being ready for the next generation of consoles which is pretty disingenuous. im sure the consoles will have hdmi 2.1 and output 8k but it would be a huge achievement if games even ran at 4k resolution

also i was looking at an 8k tv to use as a monitor sometimes and airplay streams at 1080p lol

abigserve posted:

the fact is that you just don't need the speaker literally in the shower. It makes no sense and it's why the shower radio isn't a thing (until 2020 apparently its all new again bay-BAY!!!).

You can have the speaker on the other side of the shower door and still hear it fine

sure you can have the speaker in a worse place but its better if you can have it in a better place

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im sick of the anti-shower-radio lobby voting down my threads

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Share Bear posted:

you should relax in the bath, let your mind wander and be bored, not tuned in to EVERYTHING BUT RAP AND COUNTRY

i use it maybe once every 2 months! its good to have options! an ue boom is often on sale below 100 bucks

cnet livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe4tXXGyjvY

the panasonic keynote is on at the moment. michael phelps and panasonic both want to make the world a better place

poty fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 6, 2020

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i guess youre gonna see a lot of japanese companies partnering with athletes with the olympics in tokyo coming up

poty
Jun 21, 2008

tcl phones have 4 cameras. your move apple

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im watching the cnet livestream and they were demoing a robot cat that doesnt work while interviewing the engineer guy who cant really speak english. apparently he started working on it in university

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

only 500 earth dollars