Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
10th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH The Chronicle Volume 3
GHC Heavyweight & GHC National titles
Go Shiozaki (c) vs Kenoh (c)

So this was some loving match. It felt epic. I really strongly recommend that in the next 7 days you go on to Abema & watch this while it's free because you won't regret it. Just watch it now, before you hear anything about it. About 120k were watching on Abema live which rules.

Nth. This was so loving good. I can't believe you're allowed to just kick a man in the head in NOAH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

WMOTYC: Braun Strowman vs. The Fiend - WWE Summerslam 8/23

Every Fiend match is garbage.

loving Nth. I lost it when The Fiend had to kept trying to hit Braun on the exposed ring because he kept loving missing.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

WMOTYC: The Fiend vs. Braun Strowman (feat. Roman Reigns) - WWE Payback, 8/30

lol

Nth

THIS WAS WORSE THAN THEIR MATCH A WEEK AGO

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Mr. Brodie (C) vs. Dustin Rhodes for the TNT Championship - AEW Dynamite 9/9

This was an awesome match between two big rear end dudes beating the poo poo out of each other, hell yeah.

Nth. Dustin has always been one of my lowkey favorites so watching him still able to go as hard as he does just puts a big smile on my face every time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Maybe just me, but:

HM: Peter Avalon vs. Brandon Cutler, AEW Dark 9/15
HM: Dark Order (Stu Grayson and Evil Uno, John Silver, and Alex Reynolds) vs. The Gunn Club (Billy and Austin Gunn) and Private Party

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

HM: AEW Dynamite 9/16: FTR vs. Jurassic Express

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC - Hangman Page vs. Kazarian - AEW Dynamite 9/16

loving great match. I could watch Page lariat dudes all day.

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Ivelisse - AEW Dynamite 9/16

I love Thunder Rosa :allears:

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Best Friends vs. Proud N Powerful in a Parking Lot Fight - AEW Dynamite 9/16

Ahem, in the words of a Japanese commentator..... "AHHHH! DANGEROUS! DANGEROUSSSSSS!"

Nth to all of these. Goddamn.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MOTYC: Jeff Cobb vs. Taichi
MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki vs. Tomohiro Ishii
MOTYC: Jay White vs. Shingo Takagi
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi

Stop using the cobra clutch, Okada.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Akileese posted:

HM Ben Carter vs Lee Johnson - AEW Dark 09/22/20

Go watch this if you haven't.

Nth. These two, in their early 20s, put on a match that rivals Omega vs. Janela in a Lights Out match for the best match that's been on Dark.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 23, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I Before E posted:

HM: Scorpio Sky vs Ben Carter, AEW Late Night Dynamite, aired 9/23/20

Nth. Nominating this guy twice in one day

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NienNunb posted:

HM: Mr Brodie Lee/Orange Cassidy, Dynamite

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Eddie Kingston - AEW Dynamite 9/23

CHOP CHOP CHOP CHOP

Nth to both

Pylons fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 24, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

9/27 WMOTY: Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton Ambulance Match

The most contrived loving thing I've ever seen.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso, WWE Clash of Champions

Embarrassing community theater "acting" ruined what should've been a cool little match

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

HM: Darby Allin vs. Ricky Starks, AEW Dynamite 9/30

this was hot as frickin hell. that Cage/Hobbs hoss-off brought it up another level as well. i hate darby allin but i unfortunately am unable to deny that this ruled. the spear out of the air spot, i marked like heckin mad

Punch McLightning posted:

I'll HM FTR vs. SCU from tonight.

Nth both.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SHVPS4DETH posted:

HM: Will "Willpower" Hobbs vs Brian Cage (c) for the FTW Championship, AEW Dynamite 10/7/2020

a shameless display of BEEF

NienNunb posted:

Motyc: Cody/Brodie dog collar match

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: The Fiend Bray Wyatt vs. Kevin Owens - Smackdown 10/9

Kevin Owens tried his best but this sucked and the ending was awful and the entire storyline is garbage and a complete waste of Owens' talent.

Am I allowed to nth something that I didn't watch because I know The Fiend really loving sucks?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

HM: Sonny Kiss vs. Rey Fenix, AEW Dark, 20/10

Short but fun with Fenix doing lots of neat things

Nth. It feels like Fenix saw Angelico doing cool lucha submissions and got jealous. Fun little match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Rey Fenix vs. Penta El Zero M - AEW Dynamte 10/21

Restating since I think there's a thing with nominating during the match

Big nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Terrible in a completely different way, mostly for the awful, nonsensical and utterly pointless finish Tucker attacked Otis with the briefcase and gifted Miz the win. Then did a promo backstage saying Otis hogged too much spotlight. They're on different brands now so there is nowhere for this story to go.

Survivor Series is coming up, pal!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns (C) vs. Jey Uso for the WWE Universal Championship in an I Quit Hell in a Cell Match - WWE Hell in a Cell 10/25

Oh my loving God. Words cannot express how loving dreadful this was. The lovely match structure, the botches, the :geno: ref, the ACT-ing, the TERRIBLE ending.... Jesus loving Christ.
Nth

I've spent most of a day trying to figure out what I didn't like about this match, and I think its because its something that could only happen in the no-crowd era, but in a bad way. The attempt to draw me further in by mic'ing the ring so you can hear everything did the opposite. There was a weird dissonance between that and the canned crowd noise, combined with them not playing to the crowd at all, that just made me feel like I was watching a badly acted TV show. If Roman had a mic or something it would've been better.. but also wouldn't have made sense for the story they're doing..

Also when they mic the ring like that you can hear all the loving awful coughing and retching from the selling and thats just unpleasant to listen to.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

The sad thing is that the Roman/Jey storyline would most likely have turned out great if they just didn't overscript the whole thing to hell and back.

Supposedly they're not actually scripting it. They're letting Roman do what he wants.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

I refuse to believe that Vince would keep his hands off a Roman storyline, but in case it's actually true then what in the actual gently caress?

https://www.givemesport.com/1610428-wwe-news-jey-uso-reveals-how-much-of-roman-reigns-storyline-is-scripted-whose-idea-it-was

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do feel bad for Jey there because he seems to think this is a permanent thing and he won't be scripted anymore.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC: NXT UK Title: WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov - NXT UK 10/29/20

These two just beat the holy hell out of each other. With Ilja playing the unbreakable underdog and Walter playing the vicious giant role as well as they can. If you liked how personal and violent Nagata vs. Suzuki felt in the New Japan Cup with no crowd and the echoing of chops, this has all of that as well.

Seconding this. Just two guys absolutely murdering eachother.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara & Ortiz vs MJF & Wardlow
HM: Miro vs Trent
HM: Young Bucks vs Private Party

All from AEW Dynamite 04.11.

Nthing these.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It kinda dragged until they went full comedy with Matt having a trench and them having a roman candle fight, but I thought it pulled off the tonal shift very well when it got into the dome. I'd have cut commentary at that point, and the callback to the All Out spot was arguably in poor taste (though I'd argue that it was okay since it was almost 100% Matt's idea and he's the one it happened to) but I did really enjoy it overall.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Young Bucks vs Top Flight
HM: Cody and Darby Allin vs Brian Cage and Ricky Starks
MOTYC: Thunder Rosa vs Serena Deeb

AEW Dynamite 11/18

Nth all these.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark 12/1:

HM: 5 & 10 of Dark Order vs. Jurassic Express vs. Sonny Kiss & ‘The Bad Boy’ Joey Janela

This match is loving wild

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

AEW Dynamite: Winter Is Coming, December 2nd 2020

HM Diamomd Battle Royal
MOTYC Mox vs Omega

Nthing these.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Laredo Kid, AAA TripleMania, 12/12/2020

gently caress yeah dude

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fez_machine posted:

HM Joey Janela Vs. Kenny Omega
16th of December

Too short and too much of a squash to be anything better, but this was a lovely garbage match with tons of yelling and some awesome spots.

Nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Top Flight vs MJF and Jericho, AEW HOLIDAY BASH!

Nth.

HM: The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Acclaimed, AEW Holiday Bash 12/23

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Thanlis posted:

MOTYC: Lance Archer/Evil Uno/Stu Grayson vs. Eddie Kingston/The Butcher and the Blade, AEW Dynamite, 30/12
MOTYC: Hangman Page/Alex Reynolds/John Silver vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz, AEW Dynamite, 30/12
HM: Anna Jay/Tay Conti vs. Britt Baker/Penelope Ford, AEW Dynamite, 30/12
HM: Cody Rhodes/Orange Cassidy/10 vs. Team Taz, AEW Dynamite, 30/12

The energy and speed of the Dark Order/Kingston match was great. That’s the match of the night for me because it felt most like the work was an homage to what Brodie Lee did best.

I think this is where I'm landing on it with an HM for The Young Bucks/Colt Cabana vs. Hardy Party