Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
WMOTY: Dustin Rhodes vs. Jake Hagar, AEW Revolution, 29/02

The kiss was loving awful. Why would you do that? This could have been a decent 6 minute match where Dustin breaks Hager’s arm and Hagar gets a lucky shot or something. Instead it was 20 minutes of slow big guys badly stringing together moves and a sexual assault. Brutal.

MOTYC: Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin, AEW Revolution, 29/02

630 off the top rope onto a table.

MOTYC: Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Revolution, 29/02

Insane tag match that kinda put a dent in the rest of the night.

HM: Cody vs. MJF, AEW Revolution, 29/02

How do I lessen my pop? Bad band and bad tattoo, good start. This match started slow but ended up being a fun mess.

MOTYC: PAC vs. Orange Cassidy, AEW Revolution, 29/02

Couldn’t stop laughing at the rolling spot. Everything else was also good. Bit of a funky finish but it didn’t take away from the rest of the match, and I like the story it sets up (also the 6 man).

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Chris Jericho, AEW Revolution, 29/02

It had some great moments and everyone in this match does great storytelling, but... at the end of the day, I like flippy poo poo and big offence and neither of these guys really did many big moves. That bomb onto the bell table though drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TTBF posted:

HM Britt Baker vs Hikaru Shider - AEW Dynamite - April 8th

Yeah

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
WMOTYC that hardy / Sammy match. loving horrible.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Best Friends vs. Proud N Powerful in a Parking Lot Fight - AEW Dynamite 9/16

Ahem, in the words of a Japanese commentator..... "AHHHH! DANGEROUS! DANGEROUSSSSSS!"

Holy gently caress yes (not that this will need my vote)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

big yeehaw

MOTYC: Wardlow vs. Adam Page, AEW Dynamite 10-28

wardlow.

Yeah

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr - AEW Dynamite 10/28

I went in with the highest of expectations and it exceeded all of them.

Yeah that was a banger.

Also HM for the Deeb / Hirsch match.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aye Doc posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara & Ortiz vs. MJF & Wardlow, AEW Dynamite 11/4

super fun opener, did a real good job of furthering the Inner Circle story, Sammy looked like a star, and may I add -

wardlow.

Match slapped, nth

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

HM: V/10 vs. Joey Janela/Sonny Kiss vs. Jurassic Express, AEW Dark, 01/12

Yeah this was pretty wild

Nth. This match was tons of fun.

Considering what they showed, I’m curious what Luchasaurus did with Vance on the outside that was so bad they had to cut it though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Kenny Omega vs Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 12/2

extremely fun match but not actually a MOTYC contender by any means given all the weird angle poo poo, the picture in picture killing the heat, and some awkward timing botches. honestly, this was exactly the right match to have on free TV, and much better than if they'd tried earnestly to do a PPV MOTYC type match. save that for later and instead get a ton of heat off a weird fucky finish, I had a blast

I agree with this I think. Nth.

Also HM the battle royale from the same show.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ended up getting directed to this match from a random Twitter comment. Smaller indie in Toronto had a show a couple months ago featuring Speedball and Josh Alexander, and they recently put that match up on YouTube.

I really liked it. If I knew more about the background of the match and the two competitors I’m pretty sure it would be a motyc for me. As it is...

HM - Josh Alexander vs Speeball Mike Bailey, 9/13/20 Destiny - The Clash

You can see it on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/tOqzLZXqo70

This made me want to see Josh Alexander against AEW guys, and really made me hope that speedball comes to AEW once his border issues are resolved. Some really cool spots in a good, hard hitting, match.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

Dark Order (Uno & Grayson) vs Bear Country AEW Dark 15.12

Strong boys doing strong things.

HM this yeah.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

fez_machine posted:

HM Joey Janela Vs. Kenny Omega
16th of December

Too short and too much of a squash to be anything better, but this was a lovely garbage match with tons of yelling and some awesome spots.

Same I laughed so hard at the live play calls. And there were fun spots too. They made the most out of their sub 10 minutes.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

HM: Top Flight vs. Chris Jericho/MJF, AEW Holiday Bash, 23/12
HM: The Acclaimed vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Holiday Bash, 23/12

Nth to both of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: The Young Bucks & Colt Cabana vs Matt Hardy & Private Party, Dynamite

I'm probably going to nominate everything tonight and I don't give a gently caress

This but MOTYC largely for the finish and some of the stuff Colt did.

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Evil Uno/Stu Grayson/Lance Archer vs. Butcher/Blade/Eddie Kingston - AEW Dynamite 12/30

I'm probably overrating. But this match was loving awesome

MOTYC: Eddie Kingston, The Butcher & The Blade vs Lance Archer, Evil Uno & Stu Grayson

NienNunb posted:

MOTY: Beaver Boys/Hangman vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Anna Jay/Tay Conti vs. Britt Baker/Penelope Ford - AEW Dynamite 12/30

Best women's match in AEW history not involving a Joshi.

HM: The Exalted One's Chosen vs. Team Taz

i told you

And MOTYC for this one too. I’m overrating the matches tonight if it was just based on match quality but it’s not, it’s a performance art and more goes into the performances than the technical components. I watched this show with my partner and my 12 year old and tonight was a perfect tribute to a man who was by all accounts wonderful.

Not just the wrestlers, but the refs and the commentators also did a great job through very trying circumstances.