Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

WRESTLE KINGDOM 14 - Night 1

HM: LIGER RETIREMENT MATCH I - Jushin Thunder Liger, Great Sasuke, Tiger Mask & Tatsumi Fujinami vs Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
Not sure how a match almost entirely made up of guys you wouldn't be blamed for asking "Wait, he's STILL wrestling??" about managed to be so enjoyable but man, that was great.

MOTYC: IWGP US CHAMPIONSHIP/TEXAS DEATHMATCH - Lance Archer vs Jon Moxley
After the 2019 Lance Archer had this was about as excellent as you'd assume a big plunder-filled brawl with these two maniacs would be. My only problem with it is it's still really obvious Mox has some bad habits he developed in WWE, those knees to Archer were tragic.

MOTYC: IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Will Ospreay vs Hiromu Takahashi
https://twitter.com/GIFSkull/status/1213404161666011136

HM: IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Jay White vs Tetsuya Naito
I love both these guys, I love a lot of New Japan matches people say go too long, but I think they probably could've shaved 5 minutes off of this one and it would've been way better. A bit of sloppiness (mostly covered well by the wrestlers or the English commentary team) combined with them almost hitting 30 minutes before the finishing sequence and I think it's a solid HM but both guys have done better in the last year or so.

MOTYC: IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi
Despite being about 5 minutes longer than the previous match it felt 7 or 8 shorter. Okada's power to warp the perception of time is incredible. These guys put on a clinic. Ultra Instinct/Murder Mode Ibushi is a fearsome sight but Okada is literally the Final Boss of Pro Wrestling. All around fantastic stuff.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

lmfao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People are praising the punches in this match which is even funnier than the dumb rope spot because the punches look like poo poo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Ortiz & Santana vs. Kenny Omega & Hangman Page vs. Chuck Taylor & Trent vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson, AEW Dynamite 1/15

nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

HM:

Diamond Dallas Page, Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall vs MJF, The Butcher and the Blade (with and The Bunny) AEW DYNAMITE 1/15

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: PAC vs. Darby Allin, Dynamite, 1/15

chef kisses to this show outside of the women's match

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Mayu Iwatani from Stardom 1/19.

A packed house and a tremendous match. Go watch it, it's up now!

3rd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Benne posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin, WWE Royal Rumble

30 minutes of the most boring walk-and-brawl non-action you will ever see

4th

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Men's Rumble was good, that was the first good Royal Rumble I've seen in like 10 years. I'm not gonna nominate it but like, it was objectively Very Good.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Nautilus (Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ueno) (c) vs. Yuki Iino & Chihiro Hashimoto for the KO-D Tag Team Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (1/26)

Two big boys, one big girl and one twinky guy. They really went for it. Great match. Think Nautilus might be an early pick for tag team of the year.

MOTYC: HARASHIMA (c) vs. Masato Tanaka for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (1/26)

These guys are pushing 50 and Tanaka has probably taken more chair shots than anyone in the world they shouldnt still be like this

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

All from the nb in sapporo night 1 1/2

HM: Okada/Moxley v Suzuki/Taichi
MOTYC: Evil v ishii
Motyc : goto v shingo

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

blast0rama posted:

MOTYC: The Butcher & The Blade and Lucha Bros (Pentagon & Fenix) vs. Kenny Omega, Hangman Page and the Young Bucks - AEW Dynamite, February 5, 2020.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Jurassic Express vs. The Dark Order - AEW Dark 2/11

Real fun match, Marko and Jungle Boy work great together and Jungle Boy is gonna be a giant loving star.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: Page/Omega vs. SCU, Dynamite 2/12

no joke, you could say this was a five star match and i wouldn't argue

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: Nyla/Riho, Dynamite 2/12

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MOTYC: Elite/Lucha Bros, Dynamite 2/19

Best AEW tv match ever

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Cody/ Wardlow, Steel Cage match, Dynamite, 2/19

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/19

HM: Tag Team Battle Royal
HM: Kriss Statlander vs. Shanna
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Cobb
HM: Cody vs. WARDLOW in a Steel Cage Match
MOTY: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (C) vs. The Lucha Bros for the AEW Tag Team Titles

What a loving show.

Big Nth to the matches I haven't already nominated

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the Never Openweight Championship - New Japan Road 2/20

I know you're going to be shocked but turns out these two have REALLY loving GREAT CHEMISTRY!

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: PAC vs Kenny Omega, half-hour ironman match, AEW Dynamite 2/26

Nth. Three weeks in a row of topping the best Dynamite TV match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ThePariah posted:

MOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs Ricochet
MOTYC: The Fiend vs Goldberg

Both from Supper Showdown in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brock viciously, effortlessly brutalized a cop for two minutes straight for our enjoyment, he is a comrade and deserves your respect

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: Sammy Guevara vs. Darby Allin, AEW Revolution, 29/02
MOTYC: Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. The Young Bucks, AEW Revolution, 29/02
HM: Cody vs. MJF, AEW Revolution, 29/02
MOTYC: PAC vs. Orange Cassidy, AEW Revolution, 29/02
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Chris Jericho, AEW Revolution, 29/02

OC could legit be AEW champion one day, Mox/Jericho just hit MOTYC for me cause the storytelling and pacing were spot on but holy poo poo that tag match is Match of 2020 and it's not even close

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM: Darby vs Jericho and Guevara

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Draxion posted:

I'll give a MOTYC to

02/15 | Matthew Justice vs Matt Tremont - GCW Run Rickey Run

Chris James 2 posted:

I'll nth the HMs of

02/04 | CHAOS (Okada, Ospreay, YOH, and SHO) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, ZSJ, El Desperado, and Kanemaru) in an Elimination Match - NJPW Road to the New Beginning
02/04 | Kenny Omega & Riho vs. Kip Sabian & Penelope Ford - AEW Dark

and the MOTY of

02/10 | Toru Sugiura (C) vs. Yuko Miyamoto for the King of FREEDOMS Championship in a Tower of Terror Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Go Beyond the Limit

I thought I nth'd the Dark one before but was mistaken

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Hana Kimura and Jungle Kyona vs Giulia and Maika - STARDOM No People Gate, 3/7

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTY: Mayu Iwatani vs Saki Kashima in a lumberjack match - STARDOM No People Gate, 3/7

Pretty good show! Even had a very fun lumberjack match, how often does that happen?!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Evil Badman posted:

WMOTYC Women's EC Match. I like many of the competitors in this match. Yes. Really.

This match was boring. It just happened.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani vs. Takumi Iroha - Stardom The Way to Major League 2020 (2/8)

Mayu's scheduled opponent got pulled due to sickness the night before so Stardom brought in the newly minted President and Ace of Marvelous, Takumi Iroha to wrestle in a non-title singles main event and with almost no time to prepare these two knocked it out of the loving park.

Iroha showed up with the whole Marvelous roster to watch her kick the poo poo out of Mayu, too. Call me when your Harolds and your Tonys can do that. Even knowing the result I was surprised by how one sided it was. Iroha ended her. The inevitable rematch is going to be amazing

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HM: MJF/BB vs. Jurassic Express, Dynamite 3/11

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Kris Statlander vs. Riho vs. Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford - AEW Dynamite 3/18

They busted their asses for this one. Still think it's worth an HM despite the botch.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Akileese posted:

NTH to all these. I do really like Allie as a personality but she definitely needs a lot of work. She works with enough excellent workers that it'll hopefully happen with time. I felt her 2nd round match was way better for what it's worth.

I'll nth all of these too

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Sammy Guevara, AEW Dynamite, 25/03

Going with MOTYC because in the context of an empty arena show at a time when the world is absolutely hosed they crushed it. Can't wait for when they have a proper series together once we're back to normal.

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC - Go Shiozaki (c) vs Kazuyuki Fujita for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH 20th Anniversary - NOAH The Chronicle (3/29)

Absolutely insane and surreal match that you owe it to yourself to watch unspoiled. From the THIRTY MINUTE staredown that opened to the match to the five minute headlock, to Fujita chugging loving hand sanitizer to the tour of Korakuen Hall to Fujita repeatedly kicking Go right in the head to Go repeatedly clotheslining him into defeat with two minutes left on the clock

It was a very special match and I'm not sure we'll see anything like it again.

Nth.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HOT TAKE: Noah should still be the big Japanese promotion.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna be real with y'all. Wish the staredown lasted longer.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Trent vs. Kenny Omega - AEW Dynamite 4/1

Trent is really good in singles matches y'all

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Lance Archer vs. Marko Stunt, AEW Dynamite 4/1

I'm not kidding with this nomination.

:stare:

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem confirmed to be Baba's wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You've been spreadin' lies that I was on the juice, big time!