Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Burn Down Canberra posted:

All from wk 4/1

HM Archer v Mox
Motyc: Hiromu v Ospreay
Motyc: white v Naito
Motyc: Okada v Ibushi

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

TriffTshngo posted:

WRESTLE KINGDOM 14 - Night 1

HM: LIGER RETIREMENT MATCH I - Jushin Thunder Liger, Great Sasuke, Tiger Mask & Tatsumi Fujinami vs Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
Not sure how a match almost entirely made up of guys you wouldn't be blamed for asking "Wait, he's STILL wrestling??" about managed to be so enjoyable but man, that was great.

NTH. I missed this in my original nods somehow. Sorry for being bad.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Queer Salutations posted:

HM - Ishimori/Phantasmo vs Roppongi 3K. WK14
Fun little twist on the typical BC highjinks. The BC team are fantastic even if R3K do little for me.

MotYC - ZSJ vs Sanada. WK14
I love Sabre so seeing him and Sanada do some technical bullshit was fantastic.

HM - Moxley vs Robinson. WK14
Probably too much "referee's discretion" going on here for what I thought was a normal match.

HM - KENTA vs Goto. WK14
lol Goto, match would have been better if Ishii was in it.

MotYC - Jericho vs Tanahashi. WK14
"my dad is a heel wrestler" vs "my dad drank too much boxed wine again". Some terrible looking punches from Tanahashi but otherwise a solid match.

MotYC - Okada vs Naito. WK14
Oh god my loving knee hurts just watching. The correct person won.

An incredible event as always.

NTH

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

Screw you guys I'm going MOTYC

MOTYC: EVIL/Shingo vs. Ishii/Goto, NJPW New Year's Dash, 06/01

loving ridiculous amount of BEEF

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

WMOTYC: Riho vs. Kris Statlander, AEW Dynamite, 08/01

Never let Brandi near a live mic again

HM: Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. Private Party, AEW Dynamite, 08/01
HM: Cody/Dustin Rhodes vs. Lucha Bros, AEW Dynamite, 08/01
HM: Jurassic Express vs. Best Friends/Orange Cassidy, AEW Dynamite, 08/01

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Boco_T posted:

HM - Jimmy Lloyd vs Effy - GCW I Can’t Feel My Face 1/11

2nd. GCW keeping up the momentum from their awesome 2019.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Proud n Powerful vs. Best Friends vs. Kenny Omega/Hangman Page, AEW Dynamite, 15/01
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Sammy Guevara, AEW Dynamite, 15/01
HM: PAC vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 15/01

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Boco_T posted:

HM: Nate Webb vs Ricky Starks - GCW Take a Picture 1/18
Excellent comedy match. They spend 5 minutes in the ring before any wrestling starts, they go all around the building, and you see a bare rear end. What more could you want?

Boco_T posted:

MOTYC: Nick Gage vs Allie Kat - GCW Take a Picture 1/18
Death Match Allie Kat owns

Nth to these and also:

HM: Alex Zayne vs Chris Bey - GCW Take a Picture 1/18

Those two tore the house down live and were nearly injured by people not moving their chairs for dives.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

HM: Jurassic Express vs. #StrongHearts, AEW Dark, 21/01

NTH

forkboy84 posted:

I am dreading that match coming up. 75 minutes seems excessive. Even when he was a good booker Gabe sure had some silly ideas.

There's a reason those mid 2000s ROH shows were exhausting to watch, even if they were awesome.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

PantherWill posted:

MotYC: Page/Omega vs. SCU, AEW Dynamite 1/22
HM: Jericho/Ortiz/Santana vs. Jurassic Express, AEW Dynamite 1/22
HM: Jon Moxley vs PAC, AEW Dynamite 1/22

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

The entire show is on Hisame's Twitter and is absolutely worth watching. Dunno about the isolated matches though since Rutube got ruined by demanding you sign up with a phone number before you can view video I've mostly not looked.

Talking of this show

HM
4/1
NOAH New Sunrise
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
GHC National Title
Takashi Sugiura vs Masa Kitamiya

You like thicc lads slugging each other and exchanging dangerous looking suplexes and poo poo? Then this is a match you'll enjoy

Hisame had the tweet pinned but replaced it but I found it anyway

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1216827280590282757?s=19

MOTYC
4/1
NOAH New Sunrise
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
GHC Heavyweight Title
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Go Shiozaki

I strongly recommend you get this watched.

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Kinda surprised to see no nominations from any of the GCW matches from Friday night yet. Dickinson vs Starr was absolutely amazing and imo, worth checking out the show for.

MOTYC: Chris Dickinson vs David Starr - GCW Just Being Honest 01/24/20
HM: AJ Gray vs Chris Bey - GCW Just Being Honest 01/24/20
HM: Blake Christian vs Arez - GCW Just Being Honest 01/24/20
HM: Gringo Loco vs Slice Boogie vs Eli Everfly vs Matt Vandagriffvs Adrian Quest vs Starboy Charlie - GCW Just Being Honest 01/24/20

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Mayu Iwatani from Stardom 1/19.

A packed house and a tremendous match. Go watch it, it's up now!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Utami Hayashishita vs. Arisa Hoshiki (c) for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Stardom 9th Anniversary (1/19)

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Benne posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin, WWE Royal Rumble

30 minutes of the most boring walk-and-brawl non-action you will ever see

3rd.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Nautilus (Naomi Yoshimura & Yuki Ueno) (c) vs. Yuki Iino & Chihiro Hashimoto for the KO-D Tag Team Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (1/26)

Two big boys, one big girl and one twinky guy. They really went for it. Great match. Think Nautilus might be an early pick for tag team of the year.

MOTYC: HARASHIMA (c) vs. Masato Tanaka for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT Sweet Dreams (1/26)

These guys are pushing 50 and Tanaka has probably taken more chair shots than anyone in the world they shouldnt still be like this

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

ThePariah posted:

MOTYC: Hirooki Goto vs Shingo Takagi, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 01/02

Rarity posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada/Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki/Taichi w/ Miho Abe, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 01/02

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs. EVIL, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 01/02

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Moxley, Taguchi and RPG3k vs. Suzuki, Douki, Kanemaru and El Desperado - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo 2/2

Incredibly fun and full of action with a great pre-match and post-match sequence involving Moxley and Suzuki.

MOTYC: ZSJ (C) vs. Will Ospreay for the RevPro British Undisputed Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo 2/2

Slow start, really surprising heavy grappling focus to begin from Ospreay and then things really picked up and the transitions and the counters and the incredibly smart and well-timed things both wrestlers did to make BOTH of them look fantastic was just an absolute joy to watch. Incredible match.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Taichi - NJPW New Beginning in Sapporo 2/2

Okada you know exactly what you're going to get (perfection), but Taichi clearly grasped this was potentially the biggest and most important match of his career to date and he loving stepped it up exactly as he needed to.

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kenny Omega & Riho vs. Kip Sabian & Penelope Ford - AEW Dark 2/4

This match was a real treat, and really aided by the handheld camera giving it a very different look to usual.

3rd. I really enjoyed this.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

blast0rama posted:

MOTYC: The Butcher & The Blade and Lucha Bros (Pentagon & Fenix) vs. Kenny Omega, Hangman Page and the Young Bucks - AEW Dynamite, February 5, 2020.

NTH

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I Before E posted:

HM: Dickinson and KTB vs Okabayashi and Irie, GCW Ready To Die 2/4 (aired 2/5)
HM: Matthew Justice vs Masato Tanaka, GCW Ready To Die 2/4 (aired 2/5)
HM: Tremont vs Ito, GCW Ready To Die 2/4 (aired 2/5)

Boco_T posted:

MOTYC: Orin Veidt vs. Masashi Takeda - GCW Live Fast Die Young 2/3

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC: Chris Dickinson vs. Yuji Okabayashi GCW Live Fast Die Young 2/3 (aired 2/4)
HM: Death Match Tag Match Danny Havoc & Alex Colon vs Isami Kodaka & Toshiyuki Sakuda GCW Ready To Die 2/4 (aired 2/5)

nth. These GCW Japan shows are really on another level.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. KENTA for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - 2/9

Rarity posted:

HM: El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Roppongi 3K, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 09/02

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. Ryu Lee, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 09/02

:stonk:

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Minoru Suzuki, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 09/02

Mox and MiSu are the two craziest bastards in all of wrestling

KungFu Grip posted:

HM: Saisuke Sekimoto vs Chris Dickinson GCW The Art of War 2/7/2020
HM: Shlak vs Abdullah Kobayashi GCW The Art of War 2/7/2020

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. KENTA for the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Championships - NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka - 2/9

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Page/Omega vs. SCU, Dynamite 2/12

no joke, you could say this was a five star match and i wouldn't argue

Nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Riho (C) vs. Nyla Rose for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Dynamite 2/12

Absolutely incredible match, even with the stream going down for several minutes in the middle I was still absolutely floored by how good this was.

Absolutely a MOTYC. This was amazing.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: MJF vs Jungle Boy, Dynamite 2/12

2nd. This was fun.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Matthew Justice vs Matt Tremont, GCW Run Rickey Run

HM: Sasaki vs Colon GCW Run Rickey Run, 2/15

Takuan posted:

HM: Mance Warner vs Allie Kat, GCW Run Rickey Run, 2/15

Takuan posted:

HM: Effy vs Tony Deppen, GCW Run Rickey Run 2/15

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTYC: Nick Gage vs Rickey Shane Page, GCW Run Rickey Run 2/15/20

nth

Akileese fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 16, 2020

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/19

HM: Tag Team Battle Royal
HM: Kriss Statlander vs. Shanna
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Jeff Cobb
HM: Cody vs. WARDLOW in a Steel Cage Match
MOTY: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (C) vs. The Lucha Bros for the AEW Tag Team Titles

What a loving show.

NTH to all of this. Not only was that the best Dynamite yet, I struggle to think of a better episode of wrestling TV.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Roppongi 3K (C) vs. The Mega-Coaches for the IWGP Jr Tag Team Titles - New Japan Road 2/20

This was a really good match and the teamwork on display and the story of Rocky and his beautiful Japanese sons being on opposite sides of the match was really well put together.

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Zack Sabre Jr, RevPro High Stakes, 14/02

Don't let this one get lost in the shuffle, it's up on NJPW World and totally worth your time. It's like if wrestling was chess.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the Never Openweight Championship - New Japan Road 2/20

I know you're going to be shocked but turns out these two have REALLY loving GREAT CHEMISTRY!

NTH. Ospreay vs ZSJ would have been even better if the production was on NJPW level and not revpro. I felt like I missed some really big spots.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Guerillas of Destiny (C) vs. Golden Aces for the IWGP Tag Team Titles - New Japan Road 2/21

Started slow and I wasn't really feeling it but the back half just got better and better, had a fantastic false-finish and an even better actual finish.

2nd

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Nakanishi Retirement Match: Manabu Nakanishi, TenCozy, and Yugi Nagata vs. Kazuchika Okada, Golden Aces and Hirooki Goto - New Japan Road 2/22

Nobody does retirement matches better than New Japan. Nobody.

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: Masato Tanaka vs MAO, DDT Into The Fight 2/22/20

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Toru Sugiura (c) vs Yuko Miyamoto for the King of FREEDOMS Championship in a Tower of Terror Fluorescent Lighttube Deathmatch - FREEDOMS Go Beyond the Limit (2/10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1LF3DhKxh4

One for my deathmatch ghouls out there and further proof that the best deathmatch wrestlers are the ones who are very good professional wrestlers who choose to do deathmatches anyway.

NTH

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTYC: PAC vs Kenny Omega, half-hour ironman match, AEW Dynamite 2/26

Dear God yes

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

HM: Jurassic Express vs. The Inner Circle, AEW Dynamite, 26/02
HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs. Big Swole vs. Shanna vs. Hikaru Shida, AEW Dynamite, 26/02

Gonna add these as well now I finished Dynamite

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I won’t second, but some poo poo should have stayed in the 90s.

MOTYC: Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara

I'll 2nd MOTYC. That blew me away.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (C) vs. The Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team Titles - AEW Revolution 2/29

Kenny Omega reminding everybody he's one of the greatest wrestlers on the planet... and he was one of only FOUR incredible wrestlers in this match! What an incredible, incredible match. That Young Bucks stealing the Double V-Trigger spot and Kenny's kickout at one spot was sensational.

NTH and a minimum of all of the stars.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Cody vs. MJF - AEW Revolution 2/29

A complete loving mess and I loved it.

I'll go HM. The actual match quality wasn't high enough for MOTYC but the story was amazing.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: PAC vs. Orange Cassidy - AEW Revolution 2/29

This was a genuinely great match even outside of just how much fun it was. I was smiling ear to ear from start to finish.

2nd

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

motyc: Jon Moxley vs. Chris Jericho, AEW Revolution 2/29

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: Darby vs Jericho and Guevara

nth

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTY: Jamie Hayter and Bea Priestley (C) vs Momo Watanabe and Utami Hayashishita for the Goddesses of STARDOM titles - STARDOM No People Gate, 3/7

Considered merely going HM on this but between Bea's entrance, the last 3-5 minutes, the camera cuts to Liger alone in the audience, and being the most fun/good women's tag match I've seen all year so far, I feel comfortable going all the way on this one

Chris James 2 posted:

HM: Hana Kimura and Jungle Kyona vs Giulia and Maika - STARDOM No People Gate, 3/7

Chris James 2 posted:

MOTY: Mayu Iwatani vs Saki Kashima in a lumberjack match - STARDOM No People Gate, 3/7

Pretty good show! Even had a very fun lumberjack match, how often does that happen?!

nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Women's EC Match, WWE Elimination Chamber 2020

loving terrible. Shayna is hot dogshit and getting go away heat. WWE is so insanely stupid. The waiting periods didn't make her more over, it just made people at her.

nth