Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
smothered? covered?!? words are supposed to have meaning but I can't parse this lingo. pls post helpful W. H. tips to help us all survive winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You want em scattered, smothered, covered and topped, if you ordered them like you did when we hung out.

You want em scattered, smothered and peppered if you're me.

You want them out of the dumpster if you're the raccoon in the parking lot.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

When you go to waffle house it's polite to take a seat, look at the menu, and immediately begin screaming at your date at top volume about his ex girlfriend.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Do: eat a waffle
Dont: stand on table, sing national anthem

Twenty Four

hamjobs posted:

You want them out of the dumpster if you're the raccoon in the parking lot.

why you gotta dox me like that?

Macnult

that large bucket behind the counter isn’t coffee, but if you ask politely they’ll top you off no problem

Areola Grande

:stare:

Areola Grande

when I met yamshops I ordered a regular sized hash covered & topped

:eng101: covered means cheesy, and topped means topped with chilli

needless to say, it loving owned

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Do: pecan waffle and coffee
Don't: peanut butter and chocolate waffle with Dr pepper :(

nut

do: reinforce the housing structure with a sturdier building material such as concrete or plywood
don't: abduct the german child that may wander in and start eating the walls

Stoner Sloth

nut posted:

do: reinforce the housing structure with a sturdier building material such as concrete or plywood
don't: abduct the german child that may wander in and start eating the walls

:roflolmao:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Heather Papps posted:

Dont: stand on table, sing national anthem
Actually considered bad manners around here if you don't do this the second you walk in.

Do: go after midnight, substantially less than sober
don't: be surprised when there are very strange people there

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

wafflehouse rule #1: eat some mother-frickin WAFFLES

if they have some indecipherable waffle code gently caress it just bang your utensils rhythmically on the table and chant "waffles" ever-louder until they appear before you

a list of things that *aren't* good on waffles would honestly be shorter than things that are. i had wafflehouse thanksgiving once, mashed potatoes/corn/turkey with cranberry sauce and gravy to put on top. it was dank

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Do: order the raisin toast with grits

Don't: order Gritty raisin toast, he's allergic

Escape From Noise

Do: Let the regular tell the staff that he just got married, even if it does interrupt your order.

Don't: Sarcastically and loudly ask "Who gives a gently caress?" thus escalating into a fistfight, then a knife fight in which you are wielding a butter knife causing the cops to be called, then resist arrest, then brawl with the cops causing them to mace one of their own, then use that downed cop's club to fend off blows from the other one's club blows, then continue to refuse to surrender once they threaten you with a police dog.

Escape From Noise

I also find it funny that both the noise metal band Unsane and Hooty and the Blowfish have albums called Scattered, Smothered & Covered. Although the album art for Unsane's album has more sinister connotations.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Don't: Ask what the specials are today.

Do: use the saltshaker to cast a circle and take your pick of the demonic familiar buffet.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

owlhawk911

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Do: Let the regular tell the staff that he just got married, even if it does interrupt your order.

Don't: Sarcastically and loudly ask "Who gives a gently caress?" thus escalating into a fistfight, then a knife fight in which you are wielding a butter knife causing the cops to be called, then resist arrest, then brawl with the cops causing them to mace one of their own, then use that downed cop's club to fend off blows from the other one's club blows, then continue to refuse to surrender once they threaten you with a police dog.

i'm not sure if you got these backwards or not. wafflehouses are special places, breakfast after sundown brings something out in people

treasure bear

no, you don't get to pick your waffle from a tank

Escape From Noise

owlhawk911 posted:

i'm not sure if you got these backwards or not. wafflehouses are special places, breakfast after sundown brings something out in people

I'm just going by the words of the guy who lived it but you definitely have a point.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Don't play any songs on the Waffle House jukebox but the specifically made novelty songs about Waffle House! The other buttons alert the staff that you are a daywalker, limiting your menu choices and ensuring you will never meet that franchise location's resident master vampire.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I have never been to a Waffle House. I have only lived in non-Waffle House areas of the country. I did not even know that such a thing existed. However, when my parents moved to a retirement community in Florida, I became aware of Waffle House. There were two such establishments near where they live. Both appeared to be abandoned, waiting to be demolished as leftovers from the last hurricane. But my wife pointed out that no, there was life in these ancient structures. I wanted very badly to visit, but my parents were in charge of the itinerary and were terrified of the place. I had planned on going there with just my wife, but we ran out of time, and also the nearest one seemed to be in a freeway roundabout and I could not figure out how to get to it. One day I will visit you, Waffle House.

BoldFrankensteinMir

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Both appeared to be abandoned, waiting to be demolished as leftovers from the last hurricane.

Yup, that's the decor. Like a restaurant run by squatters. Which is why it's full of people at 3 AM.

I used to sneak out early with a buddy to go have Waffle House breakfast before school. It will always have the "maybe today we'll ditch home-room and have milkshakes and draw truckers" feel to it.

Sig by Heather Papps

Areola Grande

fun fact : FEMA is partnered with waffle house

FEMA guages how badly an area was affected by any given natural disaster based on how many waffle houses in said area are open for business or shut down due to natch disast

:eng101:

Areola Grande

Do: tip your working girls or guys at the waffle house. they provide a unique service and great food

Don't : use their restroom. trust me on this one. just pack along a moist towelette or something

nut

prepuce repurposed posted:

Don't : use their restroom. trust me on this one. just pack along a moist towelette or something

the towelette was dry when i brought it in

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Do: make friendly conversation with your waffle House staff

Don't: feed them memes

Areola Grande

Lol

owlhawk911

didn't realize there was a chain called Waffle House. i have been to many wafflehouses, but never an official Waffle House franchise. can anyone who has visited both compare/contrast?

nut

i went to an ihop once and let me tell u i did not hop on the way out

Areola Grande

I'm only aware of the franchise itself :shrug:

Areola Grande

nut posted:

i went to an ihop once and let me tell u i did not hop on the way out

:rimshot:

xcheopis

I remember when the IHop in Berkeley was pretty good. Things have changed and not for the better! :corsair:

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

I remember when the IHop in Berkeley was pretty good. Things have changed and not for the better! :corsair:

Could be worse. Could be Denny's.

xcheopis

Could be worse. Could be Denny's.

Ok, to add to my tales of being epically high on acid: I was sort of homeless and crashing on a couch down in San Jose. Myself and one of the guys who lived there dropped acid late one evening and decided to go to Denny's, where the two of us proceeded to eat our way through the menu. The entire menu. It took hours and we had to keep giving them money to prove we weren't scammers and I'm fairly certain they may have started selling tickets to watch two scrawny druggies eat their weight in food because we definitely were attracting attention.

Didn't even feel ill afterward. Good times.

biosterous

there are no Waffle Houses here :(

how do i lure one to ontario?

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Ok, to add to my tales of being epically high on acid: I was sort of homeless and crashing on a couch down in San Jose. Myself and one of the guys who lived there dropped acid late one evening and decided to go to Denny's, where the two of us proceeded to eat our way through the menu. The entire menu. It took hours and we had to keep giving them money to prove we weren't scammers and I'm fairly certain they may have started selling tickets to watch two scrawny druggies eat their weight in food because we definitely were attracting attention.

Didn't even feel ill afterward. Good times.

I'm surprised you were able to poop afterwards. I rarely ever get constipated. Among the few times I have been it was after eating at Denny's. It always felt like I'd swallowed cement and had my guts worked over with a lead pipe.

xcheopis

I'm surprised you were able to poop afterwards. I rarely ever get constipated. Among the few times I have been it was after eating at Denny's. It always felt like I'd swallowed cement and had my guts worked over with a lead pipe.

Wasn't an issue at all. LSD always did right by me.

FluffieDuckie

sold out :cry:

https://shop.wafflehouse.com/products/copy-of-holiday-ornament?variant=31389283123339

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Waffle do's and waffle dont's
Waffle will's and waffle wont's

Scarf! Scarf!
Do the Waffle House
Scarf! Scarf!
Do the Waffle House