Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really wish this had had a few more episodes. I like what I watched but also it felt so rushed. Just a bit more time would've helped quite a bit, especially with the final Kuroe moments and the last fight. Still, some high emotional moments and overall the series was pretty good I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Touka kind of sucks, but also she's pretty interesting

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seems we’ll finally be getting some info on the new Madoka movie next month:

https://twitter.com/animetv_jp/status/1688772865930285056

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
We’re already at a point where it’s reasonable for a fan of the franchise to not even have been alive when the show first aired. >_>

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This year’s also the 10th anniversary of Rebellion (though that’s no guarantee the movie will actually be out this year)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We've got our first trailer for the new Madoka movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGxyrO-27dQ

Seems it's currently expected for a Winter 2024 release

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I dunno if I really need to put screencaps of a movie trailer in spoilers but I'll do it just in case I guess.

Looks like Homura's delightfully horrible familiars are still around:

Madoka has acquired the title of "Legendary Bestie"

Seems like the plot is that Homura is roping in deputizing a new Mari character magical girl to reconnect her with Madoka. The way her hair and costume resembles a muted combination of Homura and Madoka's, while she's using Homura's bow, and the sequence uses the Sagitta Luminis motif, makes me wonder if she is some sort of creation of Homura's.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Legendary Bestie....

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Oh boy, time to re-watch an entire series and several movies

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

Oh boy, time to re-watch an entire series and several movies

Actually you just need to watch one movie (Rebellion), the first two are just an abridged retelling of the series proper

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Larryb posted:

Actually you just need to watch one movie (Rebellion), the first two are just an abridged retelling of the series proper

I'd forgotten that. Thanks

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

I'd forgotten that. Thanks

Also I’d recommend watching the series proper instead of the first two movies as from what I understand they cut a fair bit of stuff

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
The first two movies have some scenes that are done a bit differently, like Sayaka's battle against Elsa Maria, and I think the movies have what is probably the idealized vision of what the environmental design is supposed to look like (tv -> bluray -> movie is an escalation of how baroque a school can look before the setting starts entering the realm of sci-fi or allegory). It also has some additional music done by Kalafina, which IMO is a mixed bag. I love Kalafina, but the show's original soundtrack still feels like the 'canon' to me. The episode 3 stinger obviously doesn't hit as hard in the movie adaptations.

imo they're perfectly good for re-views, but watching the blu-ray cut of the show and then rebellion is probably the best way to get a full experience of madoka.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Larryb posted:

Also I’d recommend watching the series proper instead of the first two movies as from what I understand they cut a fair bit of stuff
Yeah, I'm not against compilation movies but I don't mind putting in the time to watch the full series. And I'm doing it because I only can remember the broad strokes of the story not the smaller details and moments. But for some reason I've completely memory holed Rebellion.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

The movies also have a bunch of new background music which I think are mostly very good and make it a fresh experience, although all the remixes of Decretum they use are not as good as Decretum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
New trailer dropped - although it's identical to the first until 1:20.