Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

First off, I just want to say that the admin team is releasing a statement on bigotry in general and transphobia in particular that should be coming out shortly before this. I want to take some time here, however, to reiterate the core message: bigotry of all kinds, including transphobia, is not welcome here. At all. Full stop. End of discussion. You can read the full statement for the details.

The mod and adminn team read and discussed the various CSPAM complaints over the last week and have come to the following decisions:

---Squizzle will be made a mod. We may add more in the future if that becomes necessary.

---We fully support Logik and Captian Maclaine. They will both remain mods.

---Nichael is no longer an IK. They were caught taking and fulfilling probation requests unrelated to rule infractions.

---The mods confer with each other on most important issues already, but we will redouble our efforts to stay in communication, especially as it relates to cross-forums issues.

---CSPAM will not be made a top level forum.

---Party Plane Jones does not mod CSPAM. He (and other D&D mods) will not be involved in any CSPAM decisions. You have our word, and the CSPAM mods are free to monitor this. PPJ will not be removed as a D&D mod. That said, is not impossible that some other mod, D&D or otherwise, may bring issues to the attention of the CSPAM mods. This isn't a conspiracy, it's just us trying to help one another out. Many mods read forums that they do not have mod powers in and it happens now and again that they spot something that they think the mod in charge needs to be aware of. It might be a directly actionable thing, it might be a developing situation that needs a little extra attention. Regardless it remains solely the CSPAM mods' call as to whether or not to act, the same as if any other user were to report a post.

---That said, PPJ is one of the D&D mods. No one has immunity from probations in D&D (or any other forum) based on their posting elsewhere. If a CSPAM poster breaks the rules in D&D they will be probated there the same as anyone else would. We do recognize, however, that part of the problem was that the reasons for probations were not always clear. Moving forward the mod team as a whole will make a concerted effort to explicitly state on anything longer than a sixer what rule or standard is being violated, even if it's just "you're an insufferable rear end and I want you to stop ruining this thread." If a probation reason is unclear shoot the mod (or an admin) a PM or an email. Most of the mod team has SA-only email accounts listed in various places to contact them. If they don't, the admins do. Admin contact info is in the recent statement on bigotry and transphobia.

---The helldumping and doxxing permabans will not be revisited at this time.

---The name of CSPAM will be changed per multiple requests in this forum. It will be changed to "Better Posts Aren't Possible," as requested

We ask that complaints about these topic not be raised again in the immediately future, in this, new, or unrelated threads. We want to move forward in the new year and give the new CSPAM mods we will be bringing on a clean slate to work with, without having to revisit old problems. QCS is once again open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU