Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Our friend Sunshine will help melt the snow demon!

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Manifisto posted:

non-canon!!

NO SUCH THING :getin:

pixaal

Dog Kisser posted:

NO SUCH THING :getin:

I think it's more the animation, which I also said when I posted an animation. They are really really difficult to work with (each frame is a layer, so you are working strictly with flat images and like 5 of them, they really need to be done last). It's just too high of a skill floor and even if you are the only person working on them it's not fun to work on a living animation.

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

I think it's more the animation, which I also said when I posted an animation. They are really really difficult to work with (each frame is a layer, so you are working strictly with flat images and like 5 of them, they really need to be done last).

yeah it's this

feel free to use the still image or draw the concept yourself, however I am happy to provide the gimp file if you want it

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

pixaal posted:

I think it's more the animation, which I also said when I posted an animation. They are really really difficult to work with (each frame is a layer, so you are working strictly with flat images and like 5 of them, they really need to be done last). It's just too high of a skill floor and even if you are the only person working on them it's not fun to work on a living animation.

very true and thank you for accommodating chumps like me who can't animate. i'm the wienermonger, replace the hot dogs with weed and that is literally my life

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Dog Kisser

yeah I'd say bake it in as the last frame - no sense carrying forward animation!

Lux Anima

Dog Kisser posted:

yeah I'd say bake it in

Apply gently baking heat to the hot dog nest

owlhawk911

invited crabflower and the gold bears to come live on the mountain. they're p chill and it takes a village to raise an egg

Goons Are Gifts

I take back the scary stuff from before, I want to be friends with everyone there

Abyssal Squid

owlhawk911 posted:

it saddens me to see our gentle byobeast take up armed robbery, but this does seem like a harsh world and he has a young family to provide for

No see it's okay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR01loEInPE

biosterous

treasure bears are grabbing one of the hotdogs. just as was foretold, the journey has led to a great bounty!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dog Kisser

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Things are Continuing down in the ice cave, better than expected! The Snow Maw has opted against devouring the Beautiful Egg and our hero due to Withering Social Pressure And Threat Of Imminent Meltage! Meanwhile, the Gold Bar Bears are happily chowing down on the Promised Wiener! And, oh, even better! The Beautiful Egg has begun to hatch!

So! We must learn about our monster friend and its family! Morphobarbericae describes a whole pile of crazy critters that - somehow - all belong to the same group. This is possible because barberics are extremely Super Weird and they change dramatically based on their environment. While they all begin as strange little blobs, they may end up looking like... well, just about anything!

But back to the now - what does our Beautiful Egg inherit from its parent?

pixaal

The heart shaped pupil!

sig by owlhawk911

ultrafilter

It's okay if you have any questions.

The butt.

Dog Kisser

Beautiful child!

pixaal

Or maybe this is easier to work with? Just a second head

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

Dog Kisser posted:

Beautiful child!

lolol

voted 5 again, just in case

ty nesamdoom!

Dog Kisser

pixaal posted:

Or maybe this is easier to work with? Just a second head

I think we all know that butt head has to be canon

Dog Kisser

The Twins are settling in nicely, but it can't last! Soon enough the Snow Cave will decide to devour the lot of them, social pressure or no, and the Gold Eye Thing There is getting its own ideas about what should be done with the babies.

Believe it or not, it's already time to leave the nest! But what of the parent? Do the children go with it? Or will it sacrifice itself in battle against the snowy foe! Such tribulations heaped upon our heroes!

Manifisto

yes I think the parent should go with our beautiful bouncing baby butt

our allies the sun and balloon buddy can handle the snow cave for now

maybe once our child has gone through various stages of their hero's journey they can return and defeat the snow cave by singing a song about friendship or something

ty nesamdoom!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

An honest-to-god butt baby

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I've heard the enchanted mushroom forest has socialized childcare.

biosterous

auntie goldcreature gives the buttbaby one last lick on the cheek (no not that cheek!!), imparting it with the ability to change colours when environmentally advantageous

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Lux Anima

Obviously the butt babies must feast on the thawing nest dogs - as is part of the great cycle of life.

Dog Kisser

Time to leave! Our heroes flee down the mountain, the Snow Cave melting and freezing its Frosty Pseudopods to chase them as they go! The Blessed Sun does what it can to hold it back, but the Butt Babies have their own technique to escape - thanks to their Tepid Wiener Feast they have gained the power of Camouflage! Naturally, riding their Sky Blue and Lavender parent's back they stick out like a sore thumb, but kids will be kids! Lo, the Mushroom Forest - and safety - is so close! Will they escape its frosty clutches, or is all lost!?

Dog Kisser

Also, one way or another we'll finish this up today - it's a fun game (and I'll run others) but better to leave on a high note!

Dog Kisser

Dog Kisser posted:

Also, one way or another we'll finish this up today - it's a fun game (and I'll run others) but better to leave on a high note!
unless you die

owlhawk911

Dog Kisser posted:

not only is op an inspiration and paint-style hero but they know when to hold em and know when to fold em. i respect that. looking forward to seeing the mushroom forest

Dog Kisser

I run a ton of games in the Game Room similar (ish) to this and one of the biggest things I've learned is to ACTUALLY END THEM ONE DAY

Jvie

The sun is very disappointed in the Snow Cave's behaviour.

It is coming over to set this frosty ruffian straight, in person.

Will our friends cook before reaching the mushroom forest?

pixaal

I had to animate one of them!

sig by owlhawk911

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Tepid wiener feast is a great username.

I wonder what the babies will evolve into?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Manifisto

Dog Kisser posted:

I run a ton of games in the Game Room similar (ish) to this and one of the biggest things I've learned is to ACTUALLY END THEM ONE DAY

wow that is good to know, I will have to check that out

ty nesamdoom!

Dog Kisser

Manifisto posted:

Old Complete Ones
The Fragile Gods of Elsewhere is a popular one. God game with a few twists.
Break Down That Gate is another. Army game with blue muppets vs. red muppets, basically. Things get OUT OF HAND.

Current Ones
The Pit of Upgrad, sort of a random adventure where you can upgrade anything you find to make it super special.
Selection, a (slightly) more serious version of this game.

pixaal

Manifisto posted:

I really liked this thread, it got a lot of interest the first day and I feel like stuff going on outside this thread killed creativity on the following days. I know my creativity and inspiration are really down the last few days.

I'm sure the next one will be better timed. Let's get our friends into the Mushroom Forest safely though so they can see what's going on with the badgers and snakes. Or I guess they could eat the mushroom forest and apply crazy textures to everything instead of flat colors.

sig by owlhawk911

Dog Kisser

pixaal posted:

I really liked this thread, it got a lot of interest the first day and I feel like stuff going on outside this thread killed creativity on the following days. I know my creativity and inspiration are really down the last few days.

I'm sure the next one will be better timed. Let's get our friends into the Mushroom Forest safely though so they can see what's going on with the badgers and snakes. Or I guess they could eat the mushroom forest and apply crazy textures to everything instead of flat colors.

Oh, I'm not too concerned about interest. I learned a long time ago that if you :justpost: you'll keep at least a handful coming back. This was just a fun little experiment, but there will be others!

pixaal

Not the first time we've done something similar

Terrible abduction was a lot of fun

sig by owlhawk911

Dog Kisser

Safe at last! Ignore the last Mangled Splatters of the Snow Cave raining down upon the scene like So Much Viscera! The Twins are safely plopped upon a Perfectly Normal Mushroom, whereupon they take on the colour of their surroundings. Well, one of the colours, at any rate! As for our hero, they are... tired from all that exertion. They have grown much, travelled far, and seen many strange things. Perhaps this is a good place to rest and let the youth take the Reins of the Future...

Ventral EggSac

The Mushrooms are skyscrapers for little fungus-people, who will venerate the old monster mama as a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal

Jasus Christ posted:

The Mushrooms are skyscrapers for little fungus-people, who will venerate the old monster mama as a god.
If you look carefully one appears to be looking out a window to see what all the commotion is about!

sig by owlhawk911