Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I just want to get this all cleared up because I am seeing a ton of people angryposting about Koalas March. To those people I want to be very clear that KM is a victim in all this- a target of a high-functioning sociopath who exploited her vulnerability to his own ends. Don't anyone think for a second that "she should have seen it coming" because even people with direct 3experience of sociopaths still fall prey to them.

Koalas March is one of the pearls of this community-based and that's exactly why PPJ targeted her. KM is guilty of nothing more than being a target of s talented sociopath with an agenda- her every action in these recent crises have spoken to both her strength of character as well as her dedication to this community.

Please do not harangue KM- she is a victim of a ploy that any of us could have just as easily fallen for.

Don't let PPJ take another pearl from this community on his way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

rough year for koalas

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

look im busy trying to figure out how to farm kuva liches and poo poo so can someone do a write up for people that dont want to read 2 megathreads for the gist tia

im also learning about suleimani and stuff too

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Percelus posted:

look im busy trying to figure out how to farm kuva liches and poo poo so can someone do a write up for people that dont want to read 2 megathreads for the gist tia

im also learning about suleimani and stuff too

Uh, lol. How to summarize without sounding insane.....

So PPJ was operating a literal goon spyring and this was his justification for hanging out in a bunch of Nazi discords. This came to light because KM mentioned that PPJ had her implicit trust because he had passed along "gigs of data" to her about doxxing/harassing campaigns targeting her. This resulted in a search being launched and screenshots emerged that showed PPJ posting disgusting Nazi poo poo in a disgusting Nazi discord (under his SA mod name) that went way beyond "blending in with the locals".

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 21:24 on Jan 8, 2020

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Prester Jane posted:

Uh, lol. How to summarize without sounding insane.....

So PPJ was operating a literal goon spy font-size and this was his justification for hanging out in a bunch of Nazi discourse. This came to light because KM mentioned that PPJ had her implicit trust because he had passed along "give of data" to her about doxxing/harassing campaigns targeting her. This resulted in a search being launched and screenshots emerged that showed PPJ posting disgusting Nazi poo poo in a disgusting Nazi discord (under his SA mod name) that went way beyond "blending in with the locals".

Thanks for the summary. I was struggling to keep up with all that was happening since the threads were getting like 100 posts a second and getting gassed left and right. So, now that this party jet jones guy is permabanned the next step is to unban and forgive all the people he hosed with, give cspam it's own mods so that this doesn't happen again and also permaban any other mods that were in on this since there is no way he acted alone right? .....right? I don't want to know the answer to that question do I?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Cleaned up my explanation, drat I hate modern autocorrect. It changes words it recognizes and that I spelled correctly because it thinks I really meant some other word.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I don't want to lose good mods to one mistake because bad mods sure as hell won't leave because they're guilty about loving up

Here's hoping with PPJ gone CSPAM can get its own mods. also lmao is lastgirl still banned

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

km good, ppj and fyads bad

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

yeah KM is good and it sounds like none of the mod team knew exactly how deep ppj was into this (at best) roleplay spymaster fantasy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cool pj is knee deep in this poo poo now just whats needed lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Also if the "Cspam never got mods because if they had access to the mod forum they would whistleblow this incredibly dumb spymaster poo poo" theory is true that's just. goddamn

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you think some people are going too far with acting like koalas was puppet mastering this poo poo thats fair but acting like people are destroying something beautiful when they express discomfort with her knowing about this and not telling anyone (even if her understanding of the situation was very limited) is kinda weird

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Endorph posted:

if you think some people are going too far with acting like koalas was puppet mastering this poo poo thats fair but acting like people are destroying something beautiful when they express discomfort with her knowing about this and not telling anyone (even if her understanding of the situation was very limited) is kinda weird

A fair few people have taken things much further than "expressing discomfort". That is who I am addressing.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

rough year for koalas

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I don't think uh the undercover nazi hunter was a high functioning sociopath. However I do think everyone involved and knew about this is incredibly stupid and we should be honest about that fact.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

even if her understanding of the situation was very limited

there is zero doubt in my mind that ppj made it sound like this was all on the up and up and also distracted her by telling her about people doxxing her in these groups while he completely failed to permaban or even tell anyone about PCOS Bill aka something sensitive webmaster aran

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

corgski posted:

there is zero doubt in my mind that ppj made it sound like this was all on the up and up and also distracted her by telling her about people doxxing her in these groups while he completely failed to permaban or even tell anyone about PCOS Bill aka something sensitive webmaster aran

I do my own fair bit of spying/ monitoring of certain offsites and as a result its really hard for me to overstate just how targeted KM is by a variety of fascists. Every single aspect of her life and posting career are dissected by dozens of fascist dens and I can imagine that any help in protecting herself against that constant onslaught would have been extremely welcome.

Especially since KM has often been treated dismissively when she even vaguely referenced the amount of poo poo she deals with from offsites- having an ally doing things to protect her would be very powerful in that situation.

I cannot fault KM for her decisions in this matter- in her shoes I would almost certainly have done the same things.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Jan 8, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

i absolutely agree with you, i have trusted people who turned out to be crappy when i've been in hostile environments because only port in a storm and it's bitten me

like i harbor no ill will towards KM at all, that was not meant to be an irony post

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

littleorv posted:

I don't think uh the undercover nazi hunter was a high functioning sociopath. However I do think everyone involved and knew about this is incredibly stupid and we should be honest about that fact.

Agreed. The undercover nazi hunter was a psychopath.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

littleorv posted:

yeah it's pretty much this, he had a hate boner for CSPAM though, and the best tact when talking to the current admin and mod team is probably "Hey look that guy pretty clearly showed he's made the dumbest choice possible at almost every turn (even when he meant well), so that's probably why there's been problems with us. Give us a mod who isn't dumb enough to go along with jr nazi hunter club antics, and who actually 'gets' our humor and things'll quiet down," instead of "Excuse me, sir, sir, have you no shame sir? Why did you conceal this nazi in the mod team, sir? Sir!" poo poo that's clearly worked so well
give folks like jeffery the same benefit of the doubt KM is getting, and try and see how they could've just smiled and nodded along with idiocy they weren't actively involved in, rather than starting the conversation by accusing them of being crypto-fash or too dumb to recognize a nazi in front of them

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Prester Jane posted:

I do my own fair bit of spying/ monitoring of certain offsites and as a result its really hard for me to overstate just how targeted KM is by a variety of fascists. Every single aspect of her life and posting career are dissected by dozens of fascist dens and I can imagine that any help in protecting herself against that constant onslaught would have been extremely welcome.

Especially since KM has often been treated dismissively when she even vaguely referenced the amount of poo poo she deals with from offsites- having an ally doing things to protect her would be very powerful in that situation.

I cannot fault KM for her decisions in this matter- in her shoes I would almost certainly have done the same things.

KM gets way more poo poo than is ever fair and i agree

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

rough year for koalas

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Suplex Liberace posted:

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Prester Jane posted:

Koalas March is one of the pearls of this community-based and that's exactly why PPJ targeted her. KM is guilty of nothing more than being a target of s talented sociopath with an agenda- her every action in these recent crises have spoken to both her strength of character as well as her dedication to this community.

this hagiography is gross

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

KM seems to be a person who made a bunch of bad choices recently and if you want to weigh that against prior good deeds, that good and fine

but injustice was done, and KM did have a role in it, and the perma'd posters still aren't freed. don't erase that

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

why do we have a thread dedicated to koala marches internet honor when she doesnt post in this subforum

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Didn't that mod defend Tiny Brontosaurus

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Suplex Liberace posted:

I don't like KM at all but this is still true

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

i mean it's probably partly because people are afraid that a person they like and that's helped them will get blamed for everything, which is garbage because what we have here is a structural problem

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

why do we have a thread dedicated to koala marches internet honor when she doesnt post in this subforum

because we need to show solidarity with marginalized peoples in the face of abuse. which is all over the whole fourms

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

Suplex Liberace posted:

because we need to show solidarity with marginalized peoples in the face of abuse. which is all over the whole fourms

drat dude come up for air once in a while

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

also cspam is the new qcs, because again, structural problems

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i will never breath

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
What had happen was: CSPAM had a long standing beef with PPJ because of his abuse of power. Primarily requesting another mod to gass and close a thread of ours for a fabricated reason. Then PPJ probed and harrassed CSPAM posters in D&D, leading to antagonism on both sides. Worse of all, he wouldn't defend his actions once revealed (by a former mod's screenshot which removed any doubt of the deliberate malice). So naturally, CSPAM criticitized the ever loving poo poo out of PPJ. At no point was KM even mentioned during his conflict.

For whatever reason, KM decided to click our forum, defend the PPJ, even tried to shame us for criticizing him. Effectively telling us to shut up.

Once the other shoe dropped and the details of PPJ's "spying" was revealed, even KM distanced herself from it. And the coward permabanned himself to avoid any criticizing or consequences.

She isn't above criticism. If not for leaks, I doubt KM would have apologized or acknowledged her role in creating the shield that maintained PPJ's power to abuse CSPAM. I'm being very specific about her actions and not criticizing her as a mod or champion for TGRS. I am criticizing her support for someone trolling CSPAM for as long as he did.

PJ, this is being sycophant. Criticism is actually good and healthy. It makes people stronger and wiser. KM played a role in something by her own choice that lead to discord in CSPAM. Let this be a lesson. Don't be so quick to brush it away or rehabilitate her. I don't see any overly negative sentiment against KM. If anything, people feel like they are being silenced because of KM's position of power in TGRS and good will among those posters. But she didn't foster good will in CSPAM last night and she can own that.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
km and ppj are both lib dumbasses and can piss up a rope as far as i'm concerned.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Muscle Wizard posted:

km and ppj are both lib dumbasses and can piss up a rope as far as i'm concerned.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
she went along with a plan that was , at best , painfully stupid.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not a good idea for a thread imo. Best case, it's inviting criticism at a time when she's decided to log off and get some time away from the poo poo storm.

Terrorist Fistbump has issued a correction as of 06:28 on Jan 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Prester Jane posted:

I just want to get this all cleared up because I am seeing a ton of people angryposting about Koalas March. To those people I want to be very clear that KM is a victim in all this- a target of a high-functioning sociopath who exploited her vulnerability to his own ends. Don't anyone think for a second that "she should have seen it coming" because even people with direct 3experience of sociopaths still fall prey to them.

Please do not harangue KM- she is a victim of a ploy that any of us could have just as easily fallen for.

Don't let PPJ take another pearl from this community on his way out.

KM is not a bad person but defending PPJ when this broke did not show good judgment.

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 06:27 on Jan 9, 2020