Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
I just want to get this all cleared up because I am seeing a ton of people angryposting about Koalas March. To those people I want to be very clear that KM is a victim in all this- a target of a high-functioning sociopath who exploited her vulnerability to his own ends. Don't anyone think for a second that "she should have seen it coming" because even people with direct 3experience of sociopaths still fall prey to them.

Koalas March is one of the pearls of this community-based and that's exactly why PPJ targeted her. KM is guilty of nothing more than being a target of s talented sociopath with an agenda- her every action in these recent crises have spoken to both her strength of character as well as her dedication to this community.

Please do not harangue KM- she is a victim of a ploy that any of us could have just as easily fallen for.

Don't let PPJ take another pearl from this community on his way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Percelus posted:

look im busy trying to figure out how to farm kuva liches and poo poo so can someone do a write up for people that dont want to read 2 megathreads for the gist tia

im also learning about suleimani and stuff too

Uh, lol. How to summarize without sounding insane.....

So PPJ was operating a literal goon spyring and this was his justification for hanging out in a bunch of Nazi discords. This came to light because KM mentioned that PPJ had her implicit trust because he had passed along "gigs of data" to her about doxxing/harassing campaigns targeting her. This resulted in a search being launched and screenshots emerged that showed PPJ posting disgusting Nazi poo poo in a disgusting Nazi discord (under his SA mod name) that went way beyond "blending in with the locals".

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 21:24 on Jan 8, 2020

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Cleaned up my explanation, drat I hate modern autocorrect. It changes words it recognizes and that I spelled correctly because it thinks I really meant some other word.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Endorph posted:

if you think some people are going too far with acting like koalas was puppet mastering this poo poo thats fair but acting like people are destroying something beautiful when they express discomfort with her knowing about this and not telling anyone (even if her understanding of the situation was very limited) is kinda weird

A fair few people have taken things much further than "expressing discomfort". That is who I am addressing.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

corgski posted:

there is zero doubt in my mind that ppj made it sound like this was all on the up and up and also distracted her by telling her about people doxxing her in these groups while he completely failed to permaban or even tell anyone about PCOS Bill aka something sensitive webmaster aran

I do my own fair bit of spying/ monitoring of certain offsites and as a result its really hard for me to overstate just how targeted KM is by a variety of fascists. Every single aspect of her life and posting career are dissected by dozens of fascist dens and I can imagine that any help in protecting herself against that constant onslaught would have been extremely welcome.

Especially since KM has often been treated dismissively when she even vaguely referenced the amount of poo poo she deals with from offsites- having an ally doing things to protect her would be very powerful in that situation.

I cannot fault KM for her decisions in this matter- in her shoes I would almost certainly have done the same things.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Jan 8, 2020