Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

i really like cars. maybe it's more that i really like fixing things and them being better after i've touched them, but cars are cool and a great outlet for that. some can go really fast, some can go places that are hard to get to, some can carry lots of things. you can live in them, some kinds pretty comfortably. you can use them for work or for fun. you can race them, or take a road trip with your friends. they are the only way to traverse large distances without "the man" knowing where you're going. the only downside is global warming, but that's mostly big companies fault and keeping old cars going is good for the environment. i tried to post about cars in AI and they were super mean to me, so i'm making this car thread here.
would you like to post about your car? do you have questions about cars? if your car is broken i will try to help you fix it. if you need to buy a car i will try to help you pick a good one. you're in the right place, friend. here are some pictures of my cars i have on my phone to start us off

this is the truck i actually drive + another one getting robbed for bits to make it nicer. the other one is still in service as a firewood getter/boat mover/go kart. "nice" one was a trade for a 2 loads of firewood, other one was free

this was gonna be a parts truck but was too nice imo and a buddy (pictured) needed a truck to get a construction job. i was thinking about making it my new good truck on account of the extended cab but then we found the tundra. free

this is a terrible 2wd trailblazer that i got for free and sold for cheap, i hated it and didn't want it to be part of my life. sadly not all cars are cool

this is someone's mercedes that i drove to anchorage, just to show that i drove an actually nice car once

this is a really generic car. it's not very cool but you can drive it to work when the weather is bad. got free gave to a friend

this is the most typical example of my fleet, i think 6 of the 13 were some flavour of this gen impala. still have this wagon and a 2dr, my treasures are stored in the wagon while i roam the land and the 2dr is on loan to a friend. the 2dr was a trade for some weed, i don't remember if i paid for this wagon or not there were too many and it got confusing

this is a tundra that will one day replace my pickup. also free :hellyeah: in the background is a $100 accord

i really love to reduce/reuse/recycle and keep rides out of the scrap pile while helping out my friends. feel super blessed to be able to participate in the community/stay out of a real job this way (not *just* this way but, you know). they drive my cars to work and smoke my weed, i live with them and eat from the restaurants they work at and stuff. some help with car stuff, some don't. we are the "hoon snakes" because we like video games (it is a fallout reference) and driving cars we don't have to care about aggressively. hissssss, watch out! a few of the subarus were lost to an impromptu sort of time trial racing series wherin you drive up a logging road to make sure it's empty, drive back down and block it off, and take turns ripping up the mountain. that's a lot of fun

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

I learned to change my own oil recently and it was v satisfying!

owlhawk911

Heather Papps posted:

I learned to change my own oil recently and it was v satisfying!

hell yeah man everyone starts with changing their oil or a tire

Heather Papps

hello friend

I ha been changing winters/summers over by hand my whole life but my boy is getting old so I wanted to learn maintenance!

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0pRc3rF_6w

owlhawk911

this truck is a 98-03 ford ranger

e: i don't actually know but i'll sound cool if i'm right

Professor of Cats

Yes! Thanks for making this thread owlhawk. Phone postin so I'll post pictures of my stuff and effort post tomorrow.

In the meantime:
I started working on cars in 2012, in honor of my late father. Built my first engine even! My project car is a big ratty 1972 Ford LTD turned into muscle car beast. I lazily nicknamed her 'The Beast'. I'm half tempted to turn her into a semi off road car. I'm also a tech nerd and will be creating cool futuristic stuff in there too.

Also owlhawk, the time trial races sounds fun as hell man.

City of Glompton

hello i do not know anything about cars but i am glad you do and that you help your friends, that is awesome! i learned how to change my oil and tires but it's been too long since i learned and now i am a busy lady with pretty fingernails so i let someone else do that stuff for me

i'm not sure what else to add except the car i learned to drive in was my dad's CJ 5, the car i drove for a long time was a ford ranger (that my ex got t-boned in and it was totaled :cry:) and if i could pick a vehicle any vehicle i would want an old toyota pickup kinda like the one you have bc i have always thought they were super cute

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

owlhawk911 posted:

this truck is a 98-03 ford ranger

e: i don't actually know but i'll sound cool if i'm right

2009 ranger I think? We've been together a long time. V good guess I think they are v similar to mine!

sb hermit

City of Glompton posted:

if i could pick a vehicle any vehicle i would want an old toyota pickup kinda like the one you have bc i have always thought they were super cute

same except honda

I have a sedan that I have changed tires on but I let professionals change the oil since they also take a look at other stuff like brake pads and etc. I had to remove a couple panels in the back of the cabin and broke a bunch of clips and now those panels aren't flush with the interior anymore, but the car is fixed so it's fine. Kinda reminds me of when I had to repair HP laserjets in the 90s and also broke a lot of clips for plastic panels but no one complained because their printers work now so welp

one day, I hope to own an older truck or suv to explore state parks with. Anza Borrego in particular wants visitors to have vehicles with high clearance :smith:

ferroque

i like cars but i really hate driving

owlhawk911

Professor of Cats posted:

Yes! Thanks for making this thread owlhawk. Phone postin so I'll post pictures of my stuff and effort post tomorrow.

In the meantime:
I started working on cars in 2012, in honor of my late father. Built my first engine even! My project car is a big ratty 1972 Ford LTD turned into muscle car beast. I lazily nicknamed her 'The Beast'. I'm half tempted to turn her into a semi off road car. I'm also a tech nerd and will be creating cool futuristic stuff in there too.

Also owlhawk, the time trial races sounds fun as hell man.

sweet man looking forward to it. i remember your retrofuture dash thing for the accord just well enough to know it was rad and want to check it out again, got a link? the time trial stuff is a lot of fun, just started cause there aren't any tracks and you have to be careful on roads with other people trying to use them but honestly i think it's a lot cooler than track stuff would be anyways

City of Glompton posted:

hello i do not know anything about cars but i am glad you do and that you help your friends, that is awesome! i learned how to change my oil and tires but it's been too long since i learned and now i am a busy lady with pretty fingernails so i let someone else do that stuff for me

i'm not sure what else to add except the car i learned to drive in was my dad's CJ 5, the car i drove for a long time was a ford ranger (that my ex got t-boned in and it was totaled :cry:) and if i could pick a vehicle any vehicle i would want an old toyota pickup kinda like the one you have bc i have always thought they were super cute

CJ-5's (really all the CJ's but that's the best one) are rad but kind of a classic these days so they don't really fall into the "free" category of vehicles i usually get access to. the only jeeps i've really gotten to drive much are WJ's, they don't have the cred and old-school truck suspension the older jeeps do. they use coil springs instead of leafs, which are a lot more comfortable/handle more safely on-road but can't "flex" (be at really different angles on each side) as far unless you do weird sketchy stuff that lets them come out sometimes (very bad) and since jeep people want them for offroading usually they're less desirable. leaf springs are like this

they attach to the axle in the middle and your car on both ends. coil springs are like this

and kinda just sit on top of the axle and in a cup on your car, so they need bars to keep the axle in the right place and stops so they don't go down too far and let the spring escape

Heather Papps posted:

2009 ranger I think? We've been together a long time. V good guess I think they are v similar to mine!

close enough for me to say awwww yeah! rangers are cool, i like small trucks cause you can do most of the same stuff as bigger ones except heavy towing and they're more fun to drive/way better on gas

el dorito posted:

same except honda

I have a sedan that I have changed tires on but I let professionals change the oil since they also take a look at other stuff like brake pads and etc. I had to remove a couple panels in the back of the cabin and broke a bunch of clips and now those panels aren't flush with the interior anymore, but the car is fixed so it's fine. Kinda reminds me of when I had to repair HP laserjets in the 90s and also broke a lot of clips for plastic panels but no one complained because their printers work now so welp

one day, I hope to own an older truck or suv to explore state parks with. Anza Borrego in particular wants visitors to have vehicles with high clearance :smith:

it is exactly like fixing printers, they're all still mechanical systems that have to make the same kind of sense to work. there's nothing wrong with having people do work for you, but i think it's smart to know enough to understand what they're doing. good/honest ones will be willing to explain if you ask. which honda truck? they haven't made many before the ridgelines that i know of and they're super rare here, the Acty and the N600s that got chopped into trucks are the only ones i know. do you mean a passport? fun fact, those were actually izuzus in disguise :eng101: honda makes some really good cars (also outboard for boats!) but aren't really known for their trucks. the N600s are adorable but waaaay too small for me to even think about driving supposing i did stumble into one. neither would really be a good choice for national park exploration a regular subaru like in my picture would work better even though it isn't a truck and they're easy to find/cheap to own

ferroque posted:

that's ok i'll drive. hop in friend

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I mean the nazi allegation was kinda convincing. Sooo...

what say you OP?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

owlhawk911

Resting Lich Face posted:

I mean the nazi allegation was kinda convincing. Sooo...

what say you OP?

i say it's ridiculous and if you're gonna be like that you should go back to your grey forum and do it there instead of trying to ruin my nice car thread

sb hermit

owlhawk911 posted:

it is exactly like fixing printers, they're all still mechanical systems that have to make the same kind of sense to work. there's nothing wrong with having people do work for you, but i think it's smart to know enough to understand what they're doing. good/honest ones will be willing to explain if you ask. which honda truck? they haven't made many before the ridgelines that i know of and they're super rare here, the Acty and the N600s that got chopped into trucks are the only ones i know. do you mean a passport? fun fact, those were actually izuzus in disguise :eng101: honda makes some really good cars (also outboard for boats!) but aren't really known for their trucks. the N600s are adorable but waaaay too small for me to even think about driving supposing i did stumble into one. neither would really be a good choice for national park exploration a regular subaru like in my picture would work better even though it isn't a truck and they're easy to find/cheap to own

it sounds petty but I don't like toyotas and I've owned hondas my whole life

but a subaru forester or a late model nissan x-terra (2012+) is likely in my future if I really want to go about it

owlhawk911

el dorito posted:

it sounds petty but I don't like toyotas and I've owned hondas my whole life

but a subaru forester or a late model nissan x-terra (2012+) is likely in my future if I really want to go about it

brand loyalty doesn't work as well for car stuff as it does for like, food. you kinda got to look at what kind of rep different models get over the years, one thing i like about older cars is the wealth of experience available. all the problems have already happened to someone so you know what to look for/expect, and there's usually a nice writeup on how to deal with it. honda really does have a great rep across the board, specifically driveline-wise the stereotype is a perfectly running 20-year-old civic with windows and a stereo that don't work. both of those are super good options, i like the 1st gen x-terra best but that's partly me being biased towards slightly older stuff if that wasn't obvious and partly that i just think they look cooler. pre-2005 pathfinder also rad, tbh nissan suv's got weirdly huge for no reason that generation. smaller stuff is nice for offroadin', that's a lot of why jeeps do so well. short wheelbase and nice approach/departure angles, plus just plain fitting places bigger stuff wouldn't. a second-gen forester with the japanese honeycomb-lookin grille is probably the best looking suv ever imo, not a crazy offroader but a really well balanced compromise (this applies to all 1st and 2nd gen foresters not just that pretty one) and more than capable of exploring some national parks. what do you like about the 2012+ x-terra vs older models?

sb hermit

owlhawk911 posted:

what do you like about the 2012+ x-terra vs older models?

Thank you for the heartfelt writeup. I remember asking some Nissan mechanics about the X-Terra and ... I think they mentioned something about a transmission leak or whatnot that was prevalent in either the 2011 or 2010 and earlier models that was fixed in the abovementioned later models.

I have nothing against the Pathfinder but I prefer smaller vehicles if possible for the gas mileage and ease of parking.

Trucks are fun, but less useful for me in a day to day aspect and probably a pain to park in the city (particularly if they don't have backup cameras, which I'm addicted to, and for places that only have compact parking). Still, if I win the lottery, a sensible older Tacoma or Ridgeline would be perfect for weekend trips.

Where I live, they don't allow wrenching in the garage so I'd have to rent some space, find a friend that lives farther out, or just move to the next county. The last option is a bit extreme so I'd likely have to just retire first :sigh:

Meanwhile, I hope to live vicariously through your posts. Your writeups here have been great so far!

FluffieDuckie

owlhawk911 posted:

i say it's ridiculous and if you're gonna be like that you should go back to your grey forum and do it there instead of trying to ruin my nice car thread

stop this. everyone

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

sb hermit

Also, funny enough, I had a civic that was 12 or so years old that ran perfectly but had trouble with the a/c. My mechanic at the time wasn't equipped to repair those kinds of issues so I had to take the car to different repair places that only tried to fix the surface issues but not the underlying problem (likely a refrigerant leak). Had to trade it in for something else but I still miss that car... would have been 20 years old now and I bet it's still chugging away on the road somewhere.

excellent bird guy

by Cyrano4747
very cool trucks. Toyota are good looking trucks, but for the price Chevy is just fine.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dell_Zincht

I like cars too OP!

I have an old lovely car but very soon i'm buying a different car that is hopefully newer and not as lovely :)

Heather Papps

hello friend

I also learned to change brake pads and tie rods and gently caress I forgot my drivers side tie rod has more play than I like and I totally gapped out on it for like 2 months

cda

by Hand Knit
For those of you that know how to do car stuff, when/where did you learn? Was it like passed down from a parent or did you pick it up along the way or what?

Heather Papps

hello friend

I found greasemonkey friends and paid them to teach me honestly. Saved me a huge amount of cash, I learn a skill aaaaand I toss a few hundo at a friend. It's a win-win-win

cda

by Hand Knit

Heather Papps posted:

I found greasemonkey friends and paid them to teach me honestly. Saved me a huge amount of cash, I learn a skill aaaaand I toss a few hundo at a friend. It's a win-win-win

Like what age were you when you started learning?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Like 4 years ago.... so, I was late 20s? Like 28 maybe?

Dell_Zincht

cda posted:

For those of you that know how to do car stuff, when/where did you learn? Was it like passed down from a parent or did you pick it up along the way or what?

I have a book

cda

by Hand Knit

Dell_Zincht posted:

I have a book

I have always been completely incapable of learning practical things from books. To me, that's like a superpower.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Also, YouTube. Search make/model/year and the repair you need to make and you'll find a hundred videos showing you exactly what to do.

Also starting with small engines, like lawnmowers or whatever, helps as well. They are simpler but similar to car engines.
Internal combustion is internal combustion, regardless of size.

Finger Prince

ferroque posted:

:same:

City of Glompton

owlhawk911 posted:

CJ-5's (really all the CJ's but that's the best one) are rad but kind of a classic these days so they don't really fall into the "free" category of vehicles i usually get access to. the only jeeps i've really gotten to drive much are WJ's, they don't have the cred and old-school truck suspension the older jeeps do. they use coil springs instead of leafs, which are a lot more comfortable/handle more safely on-road but can't "flex" (be at really different angles on each side) as far unless you do weird sketchy stuff that lets them come out sometimes (very bad) and since jeep people want them for offroading usually they're less desirable. leaf springs are like this

they attach to the axle in the middle and your car on both ends. coil springs are like this

and kinda just sit on top of the axle and in a cup on your car, so they need bars to keep the axle in the right place and stops so they don't go down too far and let the spring escape

whoah i did not know that about the suspension and the leaf vs coil springs! that is cool. my dad had to end up selling the jeep bc yeah it was also expensive to fix and it had some persistent issues. it was fun when he'd take us out in the mountains when i was little, and probably unwise that he let me drive it out in the mountains as a teen with no supervision, a teenager amount of sense, and no radio (i'm lucky i didn't end up at the bottom of a cutblock tbh)

anyway i'm glad for this thread it is interesting and i think most of all it is fun to read about something another yobber is passionate about, thank you

Dell_Zincht posted:

I have a book

cda posted:

I have always been completely incapable of learning practical things from books. To me, that's like a superpower.

:agreed:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

biosterous

i don't poo poo about dick when it comes to cars (i live around acceptable public transit) but it is cool to learn more about cars!

i have already learned about leaf suspension here so this thread is already a huge success imo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Chinatown

by Fluffdaddy
my car is cool its got 8 cylinders and makes cool noises and gets me from my humble apartment to other places i need or want to be

:)

----------------

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i prefer toy story but it’s still alright imo

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

alnilam

My car has two wheels, beep beep

owlhawk911

el dorito posted:

Thank you for the heartfelt writeup. I remember asking some Nissan mechanics about the X-Terra and ... I think they mentioned something about a transmission leak or whatnot that was prevalent in either the 2011 or 2010 and earlier models that was fixed in the abovementioned later models.

I have nothing against the Pathfinder but I prefer smaller vehicles if possible for the gas mileage and ease of parking.

Trucks are fun, but less useful for me in a day to day aspect and probably a pain to park in the city (particularly if they don't have backup cameras, which I'm addicted to, and for places that only have compact parking). Still, if I win the lottery, a sensible older Tacoma or Ridgeline would be perfect for weekend trips.

Where I live, they don't allow wrenching in the garage so I'd have to rent some space, find a friend that lives farther out, or just move to the next county. The last option is a bit extreme so I'd likely have to just retire first :sigh:

Meanwhile, I hope to live vicariously through your posts. Your writeups here have been great so far!

weird fact you know how i was saying the nissan stuff got huge for no good reason mid-2000's? the older pathfinder is actually smaller than the new x-terra. whoever you talked to about the newer x-terra's wasn't wrong, but that was a problem with the early 2nd gens. 1st gen (pre-2005) don't have those problems either and are both the coolest looking and the smallest. 05-12 is the danger zone. i think a 1st gen x-terras are gonna be a classic like early pickup/tacomas are soon, check em out! (the first couple toyota pickups were just called the pickup, which is confusing sometimes)

you can still do little stuff even if you don't really have facilities! and if you're hXc like me you can do big stuff without facilities too. i don't have a garage at all or any access to one and have replaced subaru engines in a gravel lot more than once. the point wasn't to brag though it was to say the bar to entry is lower than you might think. like you mentioned liking backup cameras? you could put one in a car that didn't come with it wherever with not a lot of tools. attach a little camera back by the license plate, replace your mirror or stereo with one with a screen, run the wire between them and tie it into the reverse switch so it comes on like it should. bam. a real, functional upgrade to your ride with no heavy/dirty parts or loud noises to bother your neighbours. the hardest part is honestly hiding the wire so it looks good

el dorito posted:

Also, funny enough, I had a civic that was 12 or so years old that ran perfectly but had trouble with the a/c. My mechanic at the time wasn't equipped to repair those kinds of issues so I had to take the car to different repair places that only tried to fix the surface issues but not the underlying problem (likely a refrigerant leak). Had to trade it in for something else but I still miss that car... would have been 20 years old now and I bet it's still chugging away on the road somewhere.

haha yep! i'm almost sure that it is unless someone wrecked it

excellent bird guy posted:

very cool trucks. Toyota are good looking trucks, but for the price Chevy is just fine.

i think they're a lot more reliable/easier and cheaper to work on too. if you're going to have it for a while you'll end up saving more than the purchase price difference in repair costs eventually, the ones when they started experimenting with cylinder deactivation are the worst. they're also a lot bigger, and i like little cars. i got a buddy set up in an 02 silverado though i just didn't have a pic on my phone. it's fine but gets low-mid teens mpg as opposed to low-mid 20s in my lil guy and everything we have to fix is a lot more work

Dell_Zincht posted:

I like cars too OP!

I have an old lovely car but very soon i'm buying a different car that is hopefully newer and not as lovely :)

would you like to post them? or share a fun fact or story about them or ask a question?

Heather Papps posted:

I also learned to change brake pads and tie rods and gently caress I forgot my drivers side tie rod has more play than I like and I totally gapped out on it for like 2 months

one of us! you are walking the path next will be like a cv boot or something

cda posted:

a mechanic stole my second car and it made me really mad. i didn't know anything at all about cars and he said it wasn't fixable and i owed him $350 for telling me that or i could let him keep it and scrap it. then i saw it driving around a couple weeks later and asked the guy driving it what was up, he said that he bought it for $2200 from the mechanic. it was a bitchin' red 93 honda civic eg hatch with a 5spd and i miss it. anyways i vowed ths would never happen again and after than when anything went wrong with my car i looked it up on forums/youtube because mechanics aren't any smarter than you and just want to take your money. things kinda snowballed from there and all my friends started asking me for help with their cars and now i'm the car guy in addition to the weed guy. i have ended up with a similar opinion on doctors after ruining my back and letting them try to fix that, i make all kinds of salves and tinctures and stuff too and set bones/give stitches when i have to. not saying that's a good idea but i live in the woods and hospitals are like a day's travel away unless you call in a $30k lifeflight. i learned most of that stuff from a friend's mom, she is really cool and gathers/grows all kinds of healing herbs/plants and knows a whole lot about physiology and anatomy and is pretty much the "doctor" for my people in the same sense that i am the mechanic. no one has health insurance

Heather Papps posted:

want to chill/wrench with you so bad rn

City of Glompton posted:

whoah i did not know that about the suspension and the leaf vs coil springs! that is cool. my dad had to end up selling the jeep bc yeah it was also expensive to fix and it had some persistent issues. it was fun when he'd take us out in the mountains when i was little, and probably unwise that he let me drive it out in the mountains as a teen with no supervision, a teenager amount of sense, and no radio (i'm lucky i didn't end up at the bottom of a cutblock tbh)

anyway i'm glad for this thread it is interesting and i think most of all it is fun to read about something another yobber is passionate about, thank you

biosterous posted:

i don't poo poo about dick when it comes to cars (i live around acceptable public transit) but it is cool to learn more about cars!

i have already learned about leaf suspension here so this thread is already a huge success imo

thank you both i'm glad you like it i really wanted to talk about cars and i was sad when i couldn't before but it's way more fun here anyways :cheers:

being an unsupervised teen is not just part of growing up it's kinda the whole deal and that is a very relatable/nostalgic memory to me. getting a driver's license opens up a lot of the world to you and is kinda the first big adult step before moving out for most people. i moved into a car when i was 15, it was the best of times it was the worst of times

owlhawk911 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 10, 2020

owlhawk911

Chinatown posted:

my car is cool its got 8 cylinders and makes cool noises and gets me from my humble apartment to other places i need or want to be

:)

vrooom, vROOOOOom!

alnilam posted:

us car guys call those "motorcycles" and they are also rad. i had a 1983 honda XL250 for a while, actually it's still around but i broke it/my ankle and haven't bothered to fix it

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

alnilam posted:

pretty sure that's illegal. mods?

Professor of Cats

Sup everyone! Gonna do some show and tell.
I had the absolute pleasure on creating a custom dash for my buddy's custom electric Frankenstien's monster of a super car we named the 'Teslonda'.

Here is the ugly bastard in it's full glory. (First photo -credit to Keiron Berndt from Speedhunters)

This ugly thing has a Tesla motor shoved in the back, a Chevy volt battery pack, customer battery management system and I got to do the Dash stuff! This thing at the time was quicker than any super car on the market, propelling you 0-60mph in 2.4 seconds in pants pooping terror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdyPmE6dFDQ

Now for the dash stuff!

First iteration - I wanted to make an "80/90s style arcade feel".

Action shots of it:
Booting up: https://i.imgur.com/SqECRd7.mp4

Here is it in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxgrqZKZf_s

Then I made a second dash screen, which I called the "Teslonda Power Pilot", which had the ability to change voltage/amperage/etc settings, as well as logging, and other fun stuff.

This one shows the demo mode - this happens when the driver turns the battery pack off - it shows a continue screen, high score screen, etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amye7DRjLi8

Here are all the other settings, like logging, 'God View', etc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6zztPEnvUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRXlhx0JYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fQYniocCDc

Soon I'll post my ugly Beast car which is just a straight up ratty muscle car with a huge v8 ford big block in it.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown

by Fluffdaddy
I'm an open minded person so my next car might actually be a truck. :D