Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Has anyone ever crashed and burned so hard? It seems like OJ "I killed my ex-wife, wrote a book about how I killed my ex-wife, and then committed some more felonies" Simpson is better regarded (on Twitter) than AB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Every single owner is a chud so if you're rooting for an NFL team you're rooting for chuds anyway

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Papercut posted:

Every single owner is a chud so if you're rooting for an NFL team you're rooting for chuds anyway

Yep we are all fuckwad shitheads in here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're all paying the chuds every month for access to post this football absurdity!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Just to be clear, we are talking cannabalistic humanoid underground dwellers right? Like I'm not saying I'd be surprised if Joey Bosa ate homeless people, but it'd be pretty weird that the NFL doesn't step in and discipline him for something like that. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised about that either. loving Goodell.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Sono posted:

Has anyone ever crashed and burned so hard? It seems like OJ "I killed my ex-wife, wrote a book about how I killed my ex-wife, and then committed some more felonies" Simpson is better regarded (on Twitter) than AB.

Well give it 20 years (or however long it has been, probably like 30 I dunno).

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Well give it 20 years (or however long it has been, probably like 30 I dunno).

Bronco chase was 1994. Coming up on 26 years.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Sono posted:

Acquitted, a work of fiction, just trying to get his stuff back. Please don’t slander the juice

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Tyreek Hill threatened his wife on audio recording and most people dont care, Ray Lewis murdered a guy and just yells about jesus when people ask about it so yea I can see no one caring about OJ anymore

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Phobeste posted:

Acquitted, a work of fiction, just trying to get his stuff back. Please don’t slander the juice

His TV show Juiced was loving terrible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nodoze posted:

Tyreek Hill threatened his wife on audio recording and most people dont care, Ray Lewis murdered a guy and just yells about jesus when people ask about it so yea I can see no one caring about OJ anymore

Nobody cared about Ray Rice until the elevator video hit the streets as well.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nodoze posted:

I have to see a big sign about the home of ray Lewis going to work every day so I have a special place of loathing for him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Papercut posted:

I only watch highlights of the plays after the game on a television made by out of recycled sandals, using energy made by free range goats and if they happen to show the owners on screen I close my eyes and think of Parm or Eifert Posting.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

I have to see a big sign about the home of ray Lewis going to work every day so I have a special place of loathing for him.

"JESUS SAVES.
I DELIVER."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nobody cared about Ray Rice until the elevator video hit the streets as well.

Even then he had some folks defending him, like Stephen A Smith (who I believe argued that sometimes women ask for it)

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Sono posted:

AB was better than OJ but OJ was a movie star who was probably going to have a long, Michael Strahan-esque career ahead of him on TV, and his crash-and-burn was so big that we watched his trial in school.

I don’t think AB is even close to approaching how bad OJ hosed up. Of course $$$ wise it’s no question. This poo poo is going to cost him way more money than OJ lost, but that’s only because 30 years of NFL salary inflation.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Slowpoke! posted:

AB was better than OJ but OJ was a movie star who was probably going to have a long, Michael Strahan-esque career ahead of him on TV, and his crash-and-burn was so big that we watched his trial in school.

OJ had a way better career than AB.

OJ's crash is on par only with Aaron Hernandez's.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Leon Einstein posted:

OJ had a way better career than AB.

OJ's crash is on par only with Aaron Hernandez's.

I'm not sure I'd call it way better. Sure OJ had a 2k season, but AB had 6 consecutive 100+ catch seasons, with the only competition being Jerry Rice at 3

Before his meltdown, AB was having the most prolific peak of any WR in football history, and frankly still might be

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
One read ben force feeds brown the ball oh he must be great

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

That's a sad troll from a Titans team whose best ever WR was like the 30th best Steelers WR before going to the Titans

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Metapod posted:

One read ben force feeds brown the ball oh he must be great

I'd make the argument that if a WR is able to do those things while having 100% of the secondary's attention then yes he is pretty great

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm not sure I'd call it way better. Sure OJ had a 2k season, but AB had 6 consecutive 100+ catch seasons, with the only competition being Jerry Rice at 3

Before his meltdown, AB was having the most prolific peak of any WR in football history, and frankly still might be

I think it was against the Jaguars in the divisional round of the playoffs that he had two absolutely ridiculous touchdown catches and just a very good game overall. At that moment it seemed like he was in the prime of what would be a long, successful career.

Turns out that was more like his swan song. No one really could've predicted that, it was a shocking fall from grace

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That's a sad troll from a Titans team whose best ever WR was like the 30th best Steelers WR before going to the Titans

Derek Mason was drafted by the titans what are you talking about lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
OJ led the league in rushing four times, led the league in touchdowns four times, and made 5 all pros. He rushed for 2,000 yards in a 14 game season. He was amazing.

Trying to compare players at the same position across eras is hard enough, comparing players at different positions across eras is impossible

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Also a Heisman winner and MVP.

His career outside of football was waaaay bigger too.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

Derek Mason was drafted by the titans what are you talking about lmao

Oh hahaha yeah, Ravens great Derrick Mason

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

a neat cape posted:

OJ led the league in rushing four times, led the league in touchdowns four times, and made 5 all pros. He rushed for 2,000 yards in a 14 game season. He was amazing.

Trying to compare players at the same position across eras is hard enough, comparing players at different positions across eras is impossible

Pkus, off the field OJ, while dominating the NFL, was a legitimate movie and commercial star. He was waaaaay more than a sports celebrity during the 70s/80s.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1218232421247746049

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Oh hahaha yeah, Ravens great Derrick Mason

Greatest wr to ever play in the afcn

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

You misspelled Hines Ward

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No I copied and pasted from the official afcn database

1 Mason
2 Green
3 Owens
4 Johnson
5 Andrews

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You misspelled Hines Ward

He didn't say dirtiest.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Metapod posted:

No I copied and pasted from the official afcn database

1 Mason
2 Green
3 Owens
4 Johnson
5 Andrews

lol look at the list of nobodies with 0 HoFs or SB MVPs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
2 meaningless awards that don't show how good someone is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

2 meaningless awards that don't show how good someone is

I like this reality. Dan Marino undeniably the best QB of all time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

I like this reality. Dan Marino undeniably the best QB of all time

But his records have all been broken

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that list had 1 hof

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Hines Ward.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Hines Ward.

^^^^^^^ This is how you know a player was great and played with greatness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
People also say gently caress dj swearinger and he loving sucks