Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's funny how those things were everywhere for a week and then they just disappeared unless you used something poo poo like adblock plus. I had to do a fresh chrome install on the shop computer and someone else who uses YouTube music for work must have installed adb+ on it BC I got it looking up tutorials for our POS software

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Youtube premium just doubled the cost of their family plan at end of April. Holy crap that's a big jump.

Do Piholes work at blocking all the bullshit on YT?

Because gently caress me that's excessive.

Nah piholes won't work for YT ads because they serve ads from from the same domain and do all sorts of streaming content insertion poo poo. Still a good idea to have a pihole anyways for other poo poo

It won't skip ads but if you mostly watch YT on desktop then make sure you have SponsorBlock instead at least, alongside uBlock Origin (at least until the Chromium update coming out in a few months that bricks uBlock Origin and other adblockers, will need to switch browser then. Vivaldi is a Chromium browser that's already said they're going to maintain the old adblocking tech at least)

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Or use firefox like a regular person

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Firefox and UBlock Origin, you won't even see their pissbaby "Stop using Adblockers you fucks!" popup.

Have used ublock and Firefox for years, thought that was on the hit list when Google did their 'adblockers hurt our billions of profit dollars'. Or did they end up losing that?

Was also mainly for kids who use the app on their tablets, phones and TV which I REALLY don't want to have multiple ads bullshit for them just to watch a 10 minute video.

I've developed a visceral hatred of the advertising tsunami the net has become.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This is what Bill Clinton, Paul Keating and John Howard wanted.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Have used ublock and Firefox for years, thought that was on the hit list when Google did their 'adblockers hurt our billions of profit dollars'. Or did they end up losing that?
They've tightened the screws a bit. I use ublock on Ungoogled Chromium and there was short time a few months ago where I had to force update the blocklists and close and reopen the YouTube tab. Haven't needed to do that for while though. I think they also might be throttling adblock users but it's hard to tell.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's funny how those things were everywhere for a week and then they just disappeared unless you used something poo poo like adblock plus. I had to do a fresh chrome install on the shop computer and someone else who uses YouTube music for work must have installed adb+ on it BC I got it looking up tutorials for our POS software

Is ABP poo poo? I've used it for years on chrome and the only ads I ever see are here. There was about a week it blocked the youtube ads but the time still played out, otherwise no issues ever.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Laserface posted:

got back up and powered through the rest of the set which in hindsight was probably not the best idea

Oof this hits home. Did a surfing lesson today and managed to roll my ankle towards the end. It felt fine enough to finish the session, trek back up the beach, have a shower then wander round the shops...and now I can't put any weight on my foot and it loving canes. Was supposed to be having dinner at the surf club tonight too but it's got a thousand stairs and I refuse to be that person riding the old lady chair up

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Whoforthenwhat posted:

I don't think they 'lost', I think the plan all along was to spend a few months hassling adblock users into either paying for premium or watching ads.

Beyond that it would turn into an arms race between Google's devs and open source adblockers where a bunch of people are basically donating their time; at some point the money they're putting into defeating adblockers isn't going to result in any new subscribers so they might as well focus on something else.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is ABP poo poo? I've used it for years on chrome and the only ads I ever see are here. There was about a week it blocked the youtube ads but the time still played out, otherwise no issues ever.

I think ABP lets through certain ads if the advertiser pays them, so you get rid of some of the more obnoxious stuff but you'll still get some.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Yeah adblock plus sold out and has a hidden whitelist for ad services that pay them

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That sucks but I guess for as long as I keep not going anywhere it shows me ads :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hope noones got family in Baltimore atm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaMDoToEo4k

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

They didn't have time to evac that bridge, holy poo poo.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Holy gently caress. That's a thread of its own right there. It's 3.30am there now so it was about 2am when that happened. Hopefully there was little - no traffic at time.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

gently caress YOU BALTIMORE

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Sssshhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Lube Enthusiast posted:

i think challenge pissing came from that piss episode of round the twist

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Upgraded to Challenge making GBS threads, and whoever's driving that boat's just taken the lead in their own trousers while plowing through that bridge.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Upgraded to Challenge making GBS threads, and whoever's driving that boat's just taken the lead in their own trousers while plowing through that bridge.

Navigating through something like that there should be a couple of pilots who know the waterway and a pair of tugs. I can only assume everyone involved was drunk

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
apparently the ship lost power 2 minutes before hitting the bridge

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The ship has Tesla full sell driving which is not at fault as it disabled seconds before impact

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This popped up on my feed. Aussie map for BeamNG, so you can be a derro oval office without being a derro oval office
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WisGaudk1es

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA76dHsl0ng

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Infinitum posted:

This popped up on my feed. Aussie map for BeamNG, so you can be a derro oval office without being a derro oval office

Had it pop up on my feed. Even have bloody JJ Richards trash bins. Detail A+

Rain plus Commo ute going to be some classic fishy into a pole times.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ugly ford falcon on a shoulderless road abutting a chainlink fence that guards a faceless industrial building

:australia:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Shopping trolley on the side of the road , 7 km from the nearest supermarket

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

A VN with a mismatched door panel, in a ditch

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
was hoping to see the biggish prawn on the old pacific hwy map

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Infinitum posted:

fantastic rendering of Smeaton Grange

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Ciggie but on the top of a mountain lookout

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

pebbelecrete post office, closed. Thai restaurant next door, closed?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Bald Stalin posted:

This is what Bill Clinton, Paul Keating and John Howard wanted.

Nightmare blunt rotation

Imagine cones with Tony lol

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
goddamn stupid safety packaging on this button battery

just let me open it easy

i only want to eat it

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I took an injured eagle into the vet today.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How'd you injure it?

birdstrike posted:

fantastic rendering of Smeaton Grange

This guy gets it.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
did you feed it a button battery?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

We found the poor bugger pinned to the front of a truck that came onto site, I assume it got cleaned up while it was eating some roadkill

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

awww. poor birb. :smith:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
he was hitching a ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey Eagle, where ya headed