Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

It's his durry now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

The bloke in the toilet stall next to mine is on the phone so I'm making sure to fart as loudly as possible.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

We had one teacher who got accused of molesting a boy he was fostering. The kid later recanted but the guys career was done after that. Who knows if the accusations were actually true though.
There was one male teacher who was rooting a friend of mine when she wss in yr 11 or 12; can't quite remember. Nothing ever came of it (except him i guess lol).
Then there was the photography teacher who spent all his time in class helping out the girls and ignoring the boys. He was always very encouraging of art shots that involved them getting their gear off. A creepy gently caress for sure but again nothing came of it.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

the cool posts kid posted:

If anybody remembers my suicidal sadbrain posting from the old thread, I’m doing way better now

That's awesome.

Dude McAwesome posted:

did anyone else call Vegemite vaginamite when they were a kid and think it was the funniest poo poo ever?

What do you want on your sandwich? Vaginamite or penisbutter?

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I couldn't possibly say whether it's the best but I can confirm it makes for a pretty good time when combined with booze. It surprised the hell out of me how good it was actually.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

We had Pekoe the Panda on GMV6 back in the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFg5lGED4f4

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Spudd posted:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1gqScLJ95gthFQ3TavIKSk?si=2D4f2ZXETSejBXdML_UWmw

I don't post here but I imagine some folks here are a fan of TISM, they're on Spotify now with a great 'about' section

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

TISM is on spotify now.

The lack of TISM was a small part of the reason I just canceled my spotify premium account. I have everything of theirs uploaded to google play music anyway though so I'm not going back.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

N(v)J Goon obviously

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I think WS Ross plays bass for dethklok.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm D Hall's mighty brow.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/OzKitsch/status/1220830523490070529

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Zazi posted:

riding a bike drunk is in fact illegal. Bikes are vehicles, and it's illegal to ride vehicles drunk.

Fun fact: same with horses.

Which means that you can also be booked for speeding on a bike. Horse too probably.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Low income, single dad trams.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I used my amazon prime free trial for picard on amazon video

is there literally anything else worth a drat on it

i don't know how to pirate live action shows anymore

If you like sci-fi the expanse is excellent.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Zazi posted:

it's got the Expanse season 4 so... watch the rest of that on Netflix and then watch that

I think all four seasons are on amazon now.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

next stop: using a leafblower on a mild amount of leaf cover at 8:00am on saturday

Ha ha, since having kids 8am is pretty much mid morning for me...

:(

That said my FIL gave me an electric leaf blower the other day and I was all "uh.. Thanks... i guess..."
Then I tried out the vacuum/mulch setting and it actually works pretty well. I'll stick with the rake for getting them in one place though.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I got a metal rake and a plastic rake. I'm not going to tell you for what each is for but I 100% know.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

ili posted:

Yeah I get that just haven't heard it since gently caress knows when. Guess that comes with being in a coddled little corner of the universe where cunts don't throw racial slurs at the drop of a hat.

Dude McAwesome posted:

tbh if I heard “hit the slopes” it wouldn’t even register as anything other than “go snowboarding” but to anyone who’s not into snow sports it must deffo sound racist

Hence the term 'dog-whistling'. Although in this case I'm not sure it was intentional. I doubt I would have picked up on it.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Corona and dare iced coffee bottle caps, dangling from the brim to keep the flies away.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Airstream Driver posted:

I'm off to Japan in 3 months for a holiday. Please post your hot tips. Going for 3 weeks. Got most of the itinerary sorted just debating if it's worth going to Hokkaido.

Go and see this: https://borderless.teamlab.art/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNvLFNHQ9Fg

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Lolie posted:

Perfect weather for corned silverside and mashed potato.

Mmm yeah, with mustard sauce and some Brussels sprouts.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Zazi posted:

redhot is good for everything

it's just spicy vinegar

This. Like tobasco but better.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Schneider Inside Her posted:

The worst beer ever made is Carlton Cold

First and worst beer I ever got drunk on.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Why does the word weeb upset people? (using the term people loosely)

It's a pejorative term for certain interests. For most people with those interests it's just a thing they're into and nothing more. On the other hand, there are those who are so lacking in personality that these interests define their whole being. Disparaging their interests means you are disparaging them personally.

Basically,

ili posted:

Cos they're fucken weebs mate.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I finally found a second hand push mower that wasn't complete poo poo or priced like a new mower. Thinking about starting up a patreon where you can donate money and I'll hand-mow a bespoke curse word into my 1.5 acre block and take a drone picture of it for you.

I will donate multiple dollars for #FREENVJ.

More if you employ him to do the mowing.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Holy poo poo. I did not see that coming. That's incredible.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Hand sanitizer / lubricant

Hand/dick sanitiser.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Lolie posted:

On the one hand the $750 corona bonus will allow people on low incomes to stock up on essentials. On the other hand, it's not being paid for another two weeks...

I feel like giving pensioners a bunch of cash at that point and encouraging them to spend it is really just asking the most vulnerable demographic to go out and get themselves infected...

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXvithslxLg

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I can't figure out what my favourite part is. The kids busily working away to organise the hoarded goods, the hoarded pillows, or the mountain of fruit and veg that will almost certainly go rotten before it can be consumed.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

hambeet posted:

Yeah Colac was slammed by people from Geelong yesterday. Ballan from both Ballarat and Melton.

I was prepared to scoff at the idea of people from Ballarat marauding across the country side since we got almost our entire home delivery order late last week and the supermarkets seemed decently stocked over the weekend.

I just went out to the shops today though... My faith in humanity was shaken somewhat. For a brief moment I was the native american man, shedding a single tear.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Bring them in to work.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Lolie posted:

The government hasn't said they won't close schools. They've said they won't close them yet and warned that when it does happen it will be for a prolonged period and will disrupt the education of many students.

The knock on effect of closing schools will be huge. Many families will have no option but to give up a second income in order to stay home with their kids and a lot of those families are only just getting by as it is.

There will need to be mechanisms in place to ensure that people forced to quit work due to school closures don't find themselves without housing or essential services due to their reduced income. Enough industries have had to dramatically cut staff that we already have many people at risk of that. Before we add to those numbers we need to have a viable, sustainable plan.

There's nothing stopping parents from pulling their kids out of school now if they want to, and many have already chosen to do so.

Exacerbating this is that a lot of families rely on the grandparents to look after the kids when they're out of school, which in the current situation is "a bad idea".

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Zkoto posted:

This is wrong though, you need a valid reason to keep your kids at home otherwise they will be marked down for an unexplained absence. Cool, punish the kids.

My kids school is actively setting up online resources so that kids who are being kept home can continue learning.

I can definitely see Centerlink et al. being cunts about it but I doubt the schools themselves will be actively punishing kids for this.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I already work from home two days a week to help get the kids to school/kinder so it hasn't been much adjustment to make it full time. The office hasn't closed yet but the option was given for everyone who can to work at home and the majority have taken it.

I've worked from home full time before so it isn't a huge mental adjustment. That said when I took this job many years ago I was happy to be back in an office environment. So far people are making an effort to get on video calls etc rather than just email/chat which helps with feeling connected.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

This is bullshit. The wife has a thinkpad and I got my keyboard from kogan.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

EoinCannon posted:

That looks like Armstrong st in Ballarat

The gently caress cyclists sticker is disappointing, I know 2 people who are permanently disabled from being hit by pissed bogans while cycling around Ballarat

Well spotted. That is indeed Armstrong Street.

Dunno about the lockout laws, pretty sure they don't have any now.

Ballarat is good because instead of just having good and bad areas (although there are a couple of bad ones) pretty much every street has a mixture of people on it. So just about every rich bastard has to spend some of their time looking at a falling down shithole with a couch on the front lawn.

We also have a fair few blow ins from the big lovely (including me) since the houses are relatively affordable and the commute to Spencer street is not much more than an hour.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I commute in 3 days a week (at least I did) and work from home for 2. Since I work right in the CBD, it's not too bad at all. If you work anywhere else that isn't on the train line though it would suck a lot.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I thought that was bendigo but tbh I get those two confused a lot

Brendan Jones, 42 is extremely disappointed.

In happy news, my phone automatically suggested the 42 after i typed out 'Brendan Jones'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I got stung three times by euro wasps today while trying to build a sandpit for the kids. I'm still honestly kind of blown away by how much it hurt.