Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Are expats allowed to post here or are us traitorous cunts persona non grata?

I got a care package for Christmas and it was just Tim tams, vegemite and vegemite shapes. Looking forward to terrorizing work and housemates with nutritious yeast paste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Im sorry your dumbass tree bears are on fire

STD riddled morons designed to eat nature's cardboard was never going to work. RIP caramello koalas.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kharnifex posted:

I used to go every year as a kid, poo poo went sour in the 90's.

Went back to visit a cousin and her husband took us over in a boat, he caught this huge tuna.

I had so many close encounters with sharks there, was snorkelling on the wrecks, and around that wharf, the restaurant used to dump garbage off the wharf

People yelled at us to get out, tiger shark and hammerhead cruising around. Had a big wobbegong swim along side me.

Got pretty close to a dugong. The worst bite I got in all those adventures, loving cormorant sliced right through my finger.

Lucky that's all you got from a dirty shag

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Isaac posted:

I personally think jokes in the heading get old far quicker than they get changed

No worries there then, Scott can get hosed forever.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Kharnifex posted:

Driver will get a year off paid, with paid counselling

Oh poo poo I killed someone oh poo poo what the gently caress.

The guy was a major rear end in a top hat.

Oh ok no dramas.

Also heres a year's wages.

Top stuff!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone have any experience with pedophile teachers back in the day?

Yeah, in the 90's I had a teacher who got caught. He was awaiting trial when he died under what I later realized were suspicious circumstances. The school had connections and for some reason it got nothing more than a short 100 word article on page five of the local paper.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

PancakeTransmission posted:

I've had worse - called RACV because my car wouldn't start (faulty immobiliser, known issue and it got fixed under warranty a month later). Dude basically leans in, turns the key and it starts, making me look like a moron.
Turns out the bypass for this model was to leave the driver's side door open when starting it, I always shut my door :downs: He didn't actually know this, but he just shrugged and left

That's an incredibly poo poo immobilizer.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Laserface posted:

no, check your owners manual though. newer cars with smart keyfobs will not start if the battery in the fob is low or if its not detectable by the sensors in the car.

mine for example can detect if the key is IN the boot and will not let the boot latch if they key is inside the boot. it also cracks the shits if you leave the car running and walk off with the key in your pocket, or if the key is deep in a bag in the back seat.

no, flooring it while cranking sends a signal to the ECU to *not* provide fuel.

if it wouldnt start it was likely flooded, which means too much fuel/wet spark plugs preventing ignition.

flooring it and cranking stops adding fuel, letting the engine turn over and pumping out some of the vapours. eventually the plugs become dry enough to spark and ignite the fuel remaining.

Coke chat:
aussie coke is pretty average compared to what I got in the UK. Im going to Canada next week so I plan to be riding white lines both on and off the hill. According to my friend, when he first moved there and asked his local buddies to get some coke they were all like 'why? its a dirty poor person drug' so it makes total sense that we are absolute fiends for it in Australia.

I have had some very excellent coke in Australia but it is always few and far between.

coke makes zero sense when you realise that 1-2 good quality black capscicums costs you 10% as much and gets you twice as feelin good for 10 times the duration and doesnt gently caress your sinus for a week.

Black capsicum being..... heroin?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ili posted:

Far as I know there's gently caress all you can do about it. Really pisses me off. Every prick and his dog are doing renos/demos in my area. Early starts and knockoffs are part and parcel of getting tradies in.

Noise complaints to the council don't seem to achieve much. Volumes need to be excruciating before any local laws get broken. Just gotta lump it I'm afraid.

Not condoning loving with people's livelihoods in anyway. But if they're being dicks about it, lovely companies and crap employers ain't people and job sites are unattended around 2am.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ili posted:

Nah I think they're just discussing the AFL.

It's also the sign for swans. So there's a few layers of redundancy there.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Laserface posted:

Finished work for two weeks and tomorrow I'm off to central Canada to live the mountain life, snowboard, buy weed in a shop and eat poutine.

If I'm lucky I'll find a Sheila and never have to come back to this lovely country

Golden or Banff?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The Kins posted:

Leaving Australia to live within driving distance of the United States of America sounds... counterintuitive at best.

People don't seem to want to admit it but a lot of dumb bullshit seems to diffuse across the border. Especially work related poo poo, 'yes you should get a good wage and suitable conditions but no I don't think we should have to pay you a a better wage or benefits. Not my fault it's unfair now get back to the coal mine you ungrateful cur.' seems to be a common theme. gently caress I miss Australian working conditions.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Laserface posted:

Staying in nelson, riding at whitewater and maybe a day at red.

Noice. Kootenays are getting slammed with powder this week. Almost a meter of snow in my driveway over the last 4 days. Snowblower died and we had to go with an engage 4wd and slam the pedal manouver just to get onto the street. Owns bones.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Laserface posted:

Look for a 70-300 if you're being cheap or go 70-200 if you got a dick made of cash. Either will let you get closer to wildlife/perv on neighbors.

You likely have a 18-55 on it which is wide to portrait. The ring around the front will say what it is.

Flight to Vancouver is delayed so I'm probably gonna miss my flight to cranbrook and also my poparide rodeshare to Nelson but ehhhhh better than being in the office.

Worst case I spend a day in Vancouver smoking legal fat doinks.

Stuck in Vancouver is infinitely better than being stuck in Cranhole. When you pass through it'll be the closest I've been to a goon in a loooong time. What I'm saying is gently caress off mate this is my turf.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Laserface posted:

Looks like I'll be stuck in cranbrook, at least until I figure out if I'm gonna rent a car and drive myself to Nelson or get my friends to come pick me up. In the interest of saving everyone time the former is looking like the best option.

Maybe I won't crash and die on icy roads in total darkness?

Have you driven in snow before? Driving the pass in the dark sounds like a great way to die on icy roads in total darkness. We just got over a cold snap so deer and elk are going to be running around looking for food around dusk/dawn.

Honestly I'd consider stay in Cranbrook and leave in the morning.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Laserface posted:

Drove in a blizzard in Hokkaido that shut down then entire road network but thankfully my buddy is coming to pick me up

Canadiennes are hot as hell holy-o gently caress.

Would it kill them to put a dispensary in Vancouver airport?! I got 6hrs to kill I wanna get lit.

Could probably hitch into town and back in that time. ..

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

well why not posted:

as in food you feed your bong not kfc popcorn chicken

Yes Canada has weed if you know where to look.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Megabound posted:

Went for a hike today and got very lost.

Noice hongos.

Who's bones are those? Roo, cow or sheep?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Gross. Rest In Pieces Skippy.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Lolie posted:

It used to be Fat Cat when I lived in Perth.

Same. Good night boys and girls. *waves moronically at camera*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

tardwrangler posted:

Before Humphrey was Owly

Jesus that's a terrifying group of... Children's television mascots? No wonder boomers are so hosed up. An entire generation of lead addled childhood television based PTSD wackjobs.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

naeka posted:

i have a vinyl Humphrey record at home somewhere

What the gently caress does a mute bear have to sing about?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hambeet posted:

He covered Simon & Garfunkel's Sound of Silence.

:frogout:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tirade posted:

A bunch of stores here in Belgium have stopped selling roo meat after some footage of how they are hunted was aired on local tv. The spokesperson for the campaign to ban it said it was especially bad to kill roos now since "we don't know how many are left after the fires".

It was hard having to explain to people here that the answer to that question was millions. There are millions of roos left.

Strap snow blowers to to road trains. Problem solved.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

My brother in law lives with me but we’ve established if he ever wakes up before 8 am he might see me doing a morning loo run in nothing but a shirt

Does your sister/brother live with you too or did you kick her/him out to bro out with the BIL?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

tardwrangler posted:

metamucil is your friend.
If you get pain relief avoid opiods. Capadex is good as it doesnt bind you up.
Anticonvulsants suck does weed still help?

I had a bunch of dental work done a few years ago and the pain killers had me bound up like crazy. Took me about an hour and a half to crap out what felt like a cinder block. Horror.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
How do you manage to miss 4 sales reps with a shotgun? Smh

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Isaac posted:

My friend was sleeping in a shed at a car yard the evening the hail hit and he sent pictures of total destruction in the morning

Sleeping in a shed during a hailstorm doesn't sound very restful. Was he really sleeping or staring at the roof with a baleful fury?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm probably one of those nerds wearing a suit and tie for a footy photo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You also know it's a hoax because what kind of numbskull would broadcast they found drug money? Just keep it and toss the rest. Or toss yourself off with the dildo I guess.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

My lovely plant id app pinged this as lantana montevedisis for 2/3 and the third one looked nothing like the photo so I’m pretty sure I should get down there and deal with it just in case

There’s not a lot of it but I’m worried now I’ve pulled out a bunch of the helio whatever growing around the place that looks and acts a lot like it and it’s just gonna take over

Other plant I forgot the name of for reference

The flowers made me look it up and it’s not marked as kill on sight but its not native and it’s pretty and I don’t want to be the dumb poo poo to give it a foothold bc pretty flowers. It’s also super toxic to livestock and while I hate horses I’d feel bad if it crept into the paddock and the dumb fucks ate it and died

More pics of native plants plz.

Dealing with invasive plants and animals is the only time an Aussie is allowed to be a xenophobic shithead so I say kill em all (starting with the roses, affection of imperialist scum each and every one of them).

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Pretty much anything native that comes from a seed won't make a good fire break. What state are you in?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I was going to come up all clever with a bunch of plant recommendations but I know gently caress all about QLD. Bottlebrush are nice and animals love em? There's also some nice banksias that grown on the ground, might be some that'll live up around your area?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
*generic 'smoke weed' suggestion*

Edibles an hour before bed worked for me on the past.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Zazi posted:

"[O]n the facts accepted by the prosecution and the Magistrate, the offending could only be described as minor. The use of a [public] dopethrone to masturbate is bizarre and socially unacceptable but not an offence."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I only listen jj on Aussie day now. Hottest 100 for 1999 def better than this modern crap.

Arh gently caress I'm old take me out behind the shed and shoot me.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Zazi posted:

riding a bike drunk is in fact illegal. Bikes are vehicles, and it's illegal to ride vehicles drunk.

Fun fact: same with horses.

If someone else is steering the horse it's okay. Also you could probably train a monkey to steer the horse and now I'm getting an excellent idea.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bill Posters posted:

Which means that you can also be booked for speeding on a bike. Horse too probably.

Speed with horse sounds like a terrible idea but I'm not into the hard stuff.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I went to the nursery to get some dirt and advice on dealing with this lantana and I came back with a hundred dollars worth of macadamia trees and a kaffir lime tree, as well as all the stuff I’m gonna plant where I’m ripping out the lantana

That's awesome, we probably got kilos of macadamias from one tree when I was a little kid. Pity my parents didn't care how great they are and I just ate them because it was fun cracking them open.

Are they grafted? I remember ours was so there's probably different varieties or something?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Jestery posted:

Two mozzie coils hanging off a hills hoist

Where's ya goonbag? Hoist of fortune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

tardwrangler posted:

years ago someone lopped the nuts off the Rocky bull statue

Was the local Parks and Monuments Steering Committee consulted?