Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
i'm alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

iRend posted:

no post history get out seppo

i'm a big gay baby

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Fair.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
People who deliberately face the loo roll flap inwards towards the wall - actual psychopaths or just poor upbringing?

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
gently caress trigger warning that poo poo man. I can't even deal.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Did car loan rates go up? My last was 7% and I see people mentioning 5-6%?

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I registered my interest in NSW even though I'm under 40. Won't say no if they fit me in.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Wendigee posted:

get vaxxed goons ugh i hate that we have it available locally but idiots are declining to take it in the hundreds of thousands because politics.

we're pumping canada right now but i think Biden is about to give out more doses.,.. i hope you guys get the bioNtech.

Thanks for keeping me engaged after everyone else here is asleep.

love you guys be safe.

bioNTech=Pfizer and Pfizer = bioNtech if anyone was wondering.... bioNtech actually created it through science... pfizer just helped them create many many more doses because of course they create a shitload of medicine and have the ability to ramp up

Yeah we got pfizer for under 50s. Unfortunately our gov went all in on AZ I clouding signing deals to mass produce it locally and the blood clot thing has thrown a spanner in the works for roll-out.

Hopefully we still mass produce AZ and ship it to every Pacific neighbour.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Lolie posted:

Comfort food dinner tonight. Corned silverside with cabbage and mashed potatoes.

Bam right in my childhood. So goooood.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Love a good silverside. I been going the extra step and making white mustard sauce. So good. Got a lamb shoulder on the bbq at the moment and my girlfriend brought me home a roasted pork chunk as a treat. Absolutely living the dream

Pfft, 2x tablespoons Masterfoods Australia Mustard mixed with a heaped teaspoon of Masterfoods Hot English is essential to the corned beef, cabbage and mash combo. Anything else is wasted effort.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Subway but you can bring your own roll

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Lolie posted:

I have shingles and I'm miserable.

Goondolences. I got then as a teen and they flair up now and then, mostly around the bottom of my ribs. Ugh.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I'm quitting my public service job on monday. Any suggestions?

Something something anime figurines

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Thanks Lollie, had no idea there was a vaccine. Gonna get that sorted.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Remembering all the times stumbling around the shed with a lovely dolphin torch if you were lucky and the batteries were alive to find the camping gas bottle and gas lantern to put inside and read while you waited for the power to come back.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Its not like the borders are closed so what was expected?

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I've loosely interpreted the underlying conditions questions (blood pressure) and booked for early July. Wonder how much they check, prepared to be turned away but seems ridiculous.

Also lol at teachers not being frontline/esse till enough for vaccines. gently caress.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Friend visiting from Perth for work and was going to stay the weekend but has changed flights out to today incase WA locks out NSW harder.

Messy but this is the times we live in I guess.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Getting a formal warning for referring to egg whites as my cum in front of customers

Ease up turbo

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Just eat pingas at home instead

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
No sydney lockdown. loving idiots.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
thankyou for your service, now go get paid in the private sector

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Wearing my mask in my home office to show solidarity

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
The local fancy IGA near me had been stripped of anything better than rump steak. Savages.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Laserface posted:

Sweet so I can't leave my house til midnight Friday 9th.

So I cant check in to my accomodation at the snow on the Friday and my brothers lift tickets are still valid for sat/sun.

Nice! Thanks Gladys. You stupid oval office. Two weeks too late.

:jackbud:

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

McSpergin posted:

People always know I'm not a NSW local because I refuse to ask for a "middy" always a pot or schooner

Sames. I default to asking for a pint.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Shut the gently caress up about washing your anus

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've heard the covid vaccine can give you fever dreams for a day straight, so it's got that going for it

Normally I have to pay for this so I'll be cut if nothing happens when they dose me. PZ straight into my eyeball please.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I'm planning to collect em all.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

BastardAus posted:

I simply registered as soon as I knew, having had the Service NSW app on my phone for a year.
Used it to Register. They asked me when - pick a date and time.
They confirmed, shifted some times 15 minutes either way.
I took the train to Sydney Olympic Park. It was a big place with many businesses, but there were signs.
When I got to the destination, there were lines. The lines looked long but moved very quickly.
When I got to sit down and wait for my shot, I thought it would take forever. It took 15 minutes. The doctor/nurse was lovely.
I sat for 15 minutes in recovery and felt nothing.
A nurse came up and asked me how I felt and if I was okay I could go. I thought – you guys really have your poo poo together!
The second time was twice as fast as the first.

Now I have full immunity. What loving difference does it make when Dickhead Scomo says it's 'Not a race"?
It's not a race because he can't organise a piss-up in a brewery, and I hope his loving fans love him even more now he's shown his hand as useless and careless unless you're a happy clappy rich oval office!

Just posting to say I think this is a good post.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Double doona crew rise up

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
We also use two doonas primarily so I can have a blanket throughout the night rather than have it viciously stolen as my partner twists and turns.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
The online ATO mygov thing also lets you set fairly reasonable payment schedules too across up to two years when I set it up.

Also all the resume advice seems good, I also go with a 2 pager just put references on request at the end cause they only want that after you've got an offer generally.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
blow is back!

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeaaah, you guys are in the same place Victoria was this time last year.

Only without competent leadership. Gladys is going to be saying "we'll get out of lockdown next week" for a long time to come because they didn't contain this bullshit when they had the chance.

This is a no pol zone please restrain your posting to only how this lockdown has ruined your holidqy plans and how many family members you've dobbed in so far

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Dankey kang tropical freeze is an excellent game tho

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Lolie posted:

Trying to work out what counts as "recreation" under lockdown rules. Groups of up to ten are allowed to gather outdoors for recreation, and it's mentioned as something separate to exercise, and I remain bamboozled.

No no, it's re-creation. You know, LARPing and the birth of jesus etc.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Lolie posted:

I wonder if Sydney's restrictions will get tightened today. They probably should be, much as it would suck.

Agree they should. Only thing that would impact me is if I can't visit my intimate partner who is a 7 minute drive away. I'd probably just end up moving their for the remaining lockdown though anyway.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Laserface posted:

save yourself 6m30s and have a wank.

pop on your cool ski gear, jump in yer fridge and boof some pingas ya numpty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Both Ikea and Bunnings do online ordering with both delivery and contactless pick-up options.

Also lolling at the thought of Ikea having to sanitise every bit of display furniture.