Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Origami Dali posted:

Hey mods, this thread needs to be pinned, and a post needs to be added to the end of the old thread linking to this one. I wasn't even aware this was here.

Also, since it's a new thread, I'll repost the most enduring mystery from the last thread. First requested a decade ago by forums user ladron, it has yet to be found.

Man, I knew what you were going to quote before I even read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

This might be a movie or tv show or video game, I'm not sure. All I can remember is a male adolescent's voice with a southern drawl saying

"...but death won't come."

If it wasn't for the 'adolescent' part, I'd say The Green Mile.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SimonCat posted:

I mean, Stacey Keach in a hat.

Uhhhh holy poo poo, I'm now remembering my dream from last night, and I am 99% sure at one point, I was looking at this exact picture on the Awful app.

Weird :tinfoil:
Edit: I should say that I was a few posts behind when I checked out this thread this morning.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Wayne's World comes to mind immediately, but I've got a feeling some other movie aped it more the way you say, too.

Also a late episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus where one character shops for endings and tries different ones, finishing on "perhaps just cut to black?"

I don't think it's Wayne's World, though they did similar gags where they tried out different endings.

Not the answer, but anyone who hasn't seen Adaptation should definitely do so. It's like that movie smashes the fourth wall almost inconspicuously, builds a fifth wall, and takes that one down, too.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

tigerdriver82 posted:

I know this was answered in the last thread, but I can't find it in there.

It's from maybe 80's-early 90's, it's a parody of muppets or Sesame Street. Its meant to be for adults I think. The one thing I remember was a 2 headed/conjoined monster was waiting for something for awhile and one side ends up eating the other. I pretty sure it wasn't Meet the Feebles.

Timeframe aside, this sounds like it could be from Wonder Showzen

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

It's not the digitization of TV Guide (I totally agree that it's weird that it's not been done yet), but Marion Stokes legitimately attempted to record everything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

Was reminiscing with a mate about lovely action films we watched as teenagers and need help identifying two based on henchman dialogue.

Film 1: There's two henchmen, something happens and one says "poo poo!" the other says "gently caress!" and then they both say "shitfuck!" in unison. I want to say this was a Cynthia Rothrock film for some reason.
Film 2: A henchman responds to something unfortunate happening with "poo poo on me!".

Can't remember anything else and they might be the same film for all I know, we just remember everyone in school quoting the gently caress out of those lines :v:

Film 1 is possibly Blind Fury? (#17, alternate take used Dog! Gone! Dog gone!)

Also:

https://twitter.com/garywhitta/status/590351207752798208?s=19

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 9, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just to be clear, while I'm happy to have helped, I literally googled "poo poo gently caress shitfuck movie quote", and it came right up. I've never seen it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ah, yeah, we used to have a super small tv and radio unit it had a handle and you could pick the whole thing up easily. It had probably a 6" screen on it, obviously b&w.

poo poo, if we had kept that, I wonder if I'd be able to sell it for anything.

Edit: it was very similar to this, but I'm pretty sure the screen was on the right.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Aug 17, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That request reminded me of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymRqYz-Mxnw

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Goddammit, that's one I actually knew :bahgawd:

"Nice building... bad roof... good parking!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trevor Hale posted:

So bad the director lost Star Wars

Wow, Jurassic World wasn't enough to do that?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Edit: ^^^^ :argh:

banned from Starbucks posted:

Anyone remember this horror film from uh....not too long ago. maybe 3-4 years. Two kids, a girl and a boy, go visit their grandparents who are crazy or something. Only scenes I really remember are the grandpa pulls down his pants, takes off his diaper and smears it into the boys face. I think they maybe try to shove the girl into an oven too. Also a chase under some part of the house where the grandma runs like a spider.

thanks

I haven't seen it, but it is definitely The Visit

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mine might be a tv show, but here goes...

No idea what the plot is, but during the thing, there's an announcer or news anchor, maybe like an Andy Rooney type, and at the end, he signs off with saying "and that's... alls I know."

Cut to later on, someone who's been fed up with him just absolutely blasts him with "and it's not" ALLS"!! It's "ALL" !!!"

I mean, maybe it's a Mary Tyler Moore thing, maybe it's Murphy Brown? Oh poo poo, maybe it IS Murphy Brown... Gonna check now, but I'll leave this post here in case it's not and someone can help me.

Edit: Yep, it's from Murphy Brown, the episode" The Fifth Anchor". Wallace Shawn played the guy saying "alls".

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 3, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ynohtna posted:

Well, this is obviously what was meant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1l5PFs2eTc

Oh, nope. Here ya go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(1986_film)

I always get a linguistic thrill out of the sub-title pun for the second film in the series. House 2: The Second Story :dadjoke:

The sequel really had the best subtitle. :allears:

Also, weird thing... George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) was in House.

John Ratzenberger (Cliff, also from Cheers) was in House 2.

None of that was planned beforehand, and was a complete coincidence.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I was looking for the really creepy scene with the demon woman (when she's behind the bedroom door), and found that the whole movie is on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epTX8VeFqoM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I had someone add weirs trivia to mine. :stare: Nothing salacious, just dumb stuff, like nicknames I never had.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

yup

even found the scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNF7b86TiA

Can't believe I didn't remember it was Chevy Chase and Wallace Shawn

inconceivab le

Jesus, what is with that camera lens effect?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Watching Soul has reminded me of an American 80s film. I think it’s got observers from the afterlife watching a guy on earth go through various trials and they’re doing VO commentary on how he’s doing. The two observer voices are a man and a woman.

Not quite what you've mentioned but there was a sitcom about almost the same thing, called "Herman's Head".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Some random clip I can’t remember and it’s driving me crazy. I feel like it’s within the last 5 years or so: a woman (I think) hears some news she likes but has to act like it’s bad so she says “ohhhh nooooo” in a really fake way. It’s played for comedy.

Family Guy? The gay guy (edit: Bruce) says that a lot.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 2, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Finnish Flasher posted:

I remember the ending of some horror/slasher/thriller and the basic premise. Young adults somehow end up at an old mansion, they start dying violently. In the end I think they revealed that at least two of them lured them all into the house to kill them, and there's cameras everywhere and people can pay to see the videos or something. It ends with one woman trapped in some room and she's crying because it's only the two murderers left and there's nothing she can do.
I watched it probably between 2001-2006, pretty sure it was an american film.

This part reminds me of "My Little Eye", but the rest of it doesn't quite match.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Finnish Flasher posted:

This is it! Thanks!

One standout aspect of this film is that it was made in eastern Canada. There's a deleted scene that has a shot from inside a fridge, and it shows a McCain's juice box pretty prominently.

The movie was unremarkable for me, outside of that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

There was a suicide fake out in the first Resident Evil movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

I figured it was probably going to be a long list lol, don't think it's any of these so far but I'm wondering now if there's a tv tropes page or something I can trawl through :v:

You already know the answer to this.

I'll give tireless nerds credit... when anyone else has some sort of question about some random thing, someone somewhere has an exhaustive list of stuff just like it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SimonChris posted:

I am looking for a movie about a guy who travels to a US state looking for a dude who disappeared down there years earlier. The local authorities try to sabotage him because they were complicit in killing the dude or lynching or something. In the end, the main character defeats the bad guys by figuring out that they have been stealing his mail, which makes it a federal matter!

Also, it turns out the the guy was just there to hand over a medal to the missing dudes family, because he was a war hero or something, and if the bad guys hadn't freaked out and assumed he was out to get them, they would probably have been fine.

Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

It's not exactly like it but The Knockaraound Guys hits some of those marks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes, it is very odd when you see something that got stuck in your brain 30 years prior but haven't revisited since. Really shows the fallibility of memory.

Oh god, it's the craziest poo poo, especially when you're around someone who has zero attachment to whatever you've just unearthed. I had been searching for years for an old Captain Kangaroo episode, and when I finally saw it, uploaded a month prior oddly enough, I was almost in tears, partially from way more nostalgia than I expected, partially from the relief and validation that I didn't just make it up.

For reference my white whale was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdxDWEu99w0

Not the whole episode, but the Famous Amy part where she goes on some huge journey was the bit that I was trying to find.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

2nd'ing this. There are some pretty incredible moments but I don't even want to hint much at what they are. I was in complete shock at one particular aspect that relates to the accuracy / fallibility of memory though.

I just listened to it, so I'd love to hear your take on it, especially what you're referring to that I've bolded. Was that the Prince thing? That reminded me so much about when Trent Reznor realized he'd accidentally ripped off, for lack of a better term, David Bowie's 'Crystal Japan' when he wrote 'A Warm Place'

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yes the joke was that Simmons was a very obvious confirmed bachelor, it was gay bashing and nothing more. Remember that gays had no representation at all beyond campy weirdos like "Serge" in Beverly Hills Cop or "Hollywood" in Mannequin or w/e so the idea of a feminine eccentric gay person was a novelty that could get cheap laughs. One that people still largely hadn't gotten over until sometime after Brokeback Mountain, sadly.

Wasn't that also kind of Charles Nelson Reilly's thing, or am I misremembering?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Also check out Maurice Lemarche (voice of Egon in The Real Ghostbusters, Brain from Pinky and the Brain), apparently he does a killer Orson Welles impression (voice only, of course). That might lead to something?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hannibal Rex posted:

I'm not sure if it was an erotic thriller, but now I remember a scene from some mid-90s TV movie that had a send-up of Basic Instinct, where the femme fatale reassured a bunch of interrogating detectives that, yes, she was wearing underwear, and then proceeded to deduce what kind of underwear each of them was wearing.

That sounds like a Leslie Nielsen and/or Mel Brooks-style genre parody movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ruddiger posted:

If we’re doing television shows, I have one that’s bugging me to the point I’m convinced it doesn’t exist. I remember a live-action wrap around segment for the Nintendo cartoons from the 80s, specifically for Captain N, the host was an 80s kid who presented the shows from his basement hangout. I can’t find any evidence this was ever made, and it being Nintendo related, you’d think it would be easy to find if it was real.

I made this up, right?

Maybe you're instead thinking of Wake Rattle & Roll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQyQLqdAUQo

This show was the main... vehicle.... for a Wacky Races spin-off, Fender Bender 500. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Edit: I have one: violent gangster movie, and there's a character in it named Sugarman. I'm actually having an unexpectedly hard time finding this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

hexwren posted:

I've never seen this one, but I've meant to - though if memory serves, it's not very available, and I heard about it via a special showing at a theater that was in another state or country or something that I couldn't go to. I may be combining elements from several of the same filmmaker's movies, I think the showing was a double feature? I just need a push in the right direction.

It was some kind of semi-surrealist film from the UK (?) in the early 80s (?) which, I think, was a series of interviews of people living in the aftermath of some vaguely-described traumatic event and the strange things that occurred thereafter.

I have no idea, but this reminds me that I'd love to see Chuck Palahniuk's "Rant" made into a movie.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I thought it was return to oz but it's something else from that era. I'm pretty sure it's a kids fantasy movie where one of the characters is a frog man. Live action. That's about all I can remember.

The ones off the top of my head are Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, and The Neverending Story.

I'm most familiar with the last one, and I'm trying to remember a frog man. Closest I can think of is when Deep Roy was riding a huge snail that had a goofy face.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Two tv shows, both from back in the late 80s or early 90s...

1) it was entirely or almost entirely puppets in a medieval setting. Might've been based on Robin Hood, not sure.

2) this was an underwater puppet show, but it's NOT The Waterville Gang,but aired at the same time. It was darker than that (like actually physically darker from what I remember, but the subject matter was light, since it was a kids show), and I think a character was named "Coral".

Edit: ok, so I had no idea that The Waterville Gang was made in the 70s, so my other requests might have also been made then.

Edit 2: found the 2nd one, and it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EjfrLCiu1k

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 18, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Arnm616 posted:

Eureeka's Castle?

I just checked, and no, that's not it, but that does look great.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

There’s this short film I watched probably 15 years ago on Showcase. It’s a short heist movie where the protagonist is one of the other crooks’ dumb brother or friend or something. They’re robbing a bank and you see the other crooks being a dick to the protagonist and then everything goes wrong. Then it tracks backward and you see that actually he intentionally causes it all to go wrong, and he gets away, I think with the money.

I think it was black and white.

Any ideas?

That ALMOST sounds like "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead", but not quite.

poo poo, I need to rewatch it, plus the one you're talking about, if it's discovered.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

therattle posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s this. It’s Mary, Gary and Walter visiting the abandoned Muppets studio. (My son likes the film, and rightly, so I’ve seen it a LOT).

Oh my god, this. I haven't seen that particular movie all the way through, but if y'all had a question about Minecraft Story Mode, I feel like a goddamned encyclopedia at this point. :psyduck:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

therattle posted:

I’ve thought about making a kids’/family film thread. I should.

Your custom title begs that you do so.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

happyhippy posted:

For a friend:

A TV show or movie, where some killer or spy or soldier left their old life behind or had their memory erased. They build a new life as (gardener/chef/tailor/family man) but then they go into a coma or have their memories returned.

Their friends ask them if they are ok and they say, "I was having a dream, but it's over now." The friends say, "What was it about?" and they reply, "I dreamed I was a (gardener/chef/tailor/family man)."

This is likely not it, but there WAS that massively weird plot from Twin Peaks S3.

I didn't mind Dougie, but goddamn, I wanted more normal Coop. Could've done half and half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Dougie is better on a rewatch. First time through you'll just so primed for Cooper's return that you can't fully appreciate Dougie. Just watched s3 with my gf (my second watch, her first) and she hated Cooper not being in it, I enjoyed it way more than I did the first time.

He's just such a wonderfully charming force of good in the first two seasons, and you genuinely don't get ANY of that until, what, two episodes from the end of S3?

Meanwhile, you've got idiot Coop and Absolute Bastard Coop, both of which pale in comparison.

Miss Michael Ontkeen, too. Ah well. Anyway, sorry for the detail.