Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

sigher posted:

So a while back there was a weird film I saw on Netflix I believe that took place in some sort of "mine" or cave or some poo poo, I remember the main character waking up down then. I think the film was in black and white or there might have just been such little color it looked like it. I remember that the cave setting didn't really look like a cave and the walls (from what I recall) looked like they were made from black trash bags and everything was wet. I think all of the characters looked like they were dirty with oil or some poo poo. I think the whole film was him exploring this place and meeting others in it but I don't remember if there was any explanation as to where the gently caress he was or why anyone was in there. I think it was pretty sci-fi, there might have been cables and computers around at certain points.

Eden Log?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Torquemada posted:

I find that story almost as hard to swallow as this potage au geleé
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUNA-DNuJes&t=76s

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Sir Nose posted:

Recon 2020 was on the shelf of my local Blockbuster Video back in the day. So many times I picked it up and then put it back down without renting it because it looked just too lovely. You said yours had a word and a year in the title which made me think of it, looked it up on IMDb and read that it was 1st in a trilogy (I had no idea), and figured it might be what you were looking for.

This one?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

That guy has GORE VIDALS'S CALIGULA on his bookshelf and he chooses to display... Capricorn One?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

verbal enema posted:

Whats the movie where a buncha dwarves travel through time some kid goes to bed and wakes up to a knight charging him

horse demons at the end?

beaten, but I just have to post the awesome ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS_70MdRm5I

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Skulk Hogan posted:

He told these bizarre stories about how he was a forceful and merciful ruler and just seemed to be pulling it all out of his rear end.

…which is exactly what Vlad did not do.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

westborn posted:

I remember from when we had basically the same search and replies like one page ago.

But are you really westborn?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

DRINK ME posted:

Champions! I came back to add some more detail and you’ve already solved it.

The Wikipedia plot says “It is revealed that the clone had choked Adelaide unconscious (damaging her larynx, making her voice raspy and guttural sounding)…” but I spent like 3 days pissing of my gf at the time talking as I breathed in, because that’s exactly what it sounded like.

John Rhys-Davies did that to give Treebeard a unique voice.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Detective Thompson posted:

It's pretty great. Don't know if it's streaming for free anywhere, but it's worth a rental at least, if not a purchase if you really like it.

Edit: Just had a random memory of a WW2 film I saw a long time ago. I think it's probably from the late-50s/early-60s, pretty sure it was B&W. I think it was set in Africa, and showed scenes from both Germans and allied soldiers (can't remember if they were Brits or Americans). The one scene in my head is probably later in the film, two German soldiers are talking, and one of them is fed up with everything and starts insulting Hitler or something like that. The other German kills him, and I have this image of the dead man rolling down a sand dune.

Maybe Sahara?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-QM6sUHGhM

Zopotantor fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 4, 2022

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

Film or show where someone is time travelling or teleporting or something and they have a box of crackers with them because it makes them nauseous.

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Abugadu posted:

Sci fi movie:

Long movie, space elements, they had a big fight at the end - they turn to each other and smile after winning, and then one of the main characters immediately gets impaled on a pillar and are hanging there.

Chronicles of Riddick?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Martman posted:

I'd like to see a take on that with Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock predicting every move in a boxing match and then just getting absolutely rocked after a single thing goes wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV2WQTL_45A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Sir Nose posted:

Same Time, Next Year

Maybe also Billy Wilder's Avanti!