Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I saw this clip on twitter awhile ago, it looked pretty recent and also had an indie vibe. This lady sees two hot guys on the street out her window and invites them up, they come into her apartment, sit down on the bed, and she tells them to be careful because the sheets are very expensive. One of the guys says "but they aren't even soft?" or something to that effect, and then the woman says, "Sometimes expensive things....

are worse"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Thanks!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This is going to be extremely vague and might be two movies smushed together. And also I didn't see this movie, I saw a review of it. So I'm probably missing important parts or getting parts wrong.

It's a horror move from the 90s or 2000s. The setup is that the characters are going to a place to do like a reality show but spooky? I think the characters wear webcams and it's all being streamed live on the 'net.

Also, and I'm very not confident on this part, I think they all have to get in coffin shaped boxes at one point for some reason.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

banned from Starbucks posted:

Its not Halloween Resurrection is it?

That's it! drat, I never would've guessed it was a Halloween movie. I guess that franchise goes unexpected places

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There's an absolute dogshit movie I saw a while back, clearly trying to be a ripoff of Fargo with a dash of Tarantino. It's set up north somewhere, in the winter. An insurance salesman type guy somehow gets into a plot to rip off an old man for a violin that turns out to be worth a ton of money. The big twist at the end is that it was somehow a plot to rip off the insurance guy, and like everyone was in on it. The old guy, the violin appraiser, all of the insurance guy's friends and colleagues, even nameless background extras were in on this plot. And the plot required the insurance guy to make a ton of very specific and unlikely choices all along the way. Like, he had to turn down the violin buyer's first offer, if he took it then the whole plan would've been hosed. And if at any point he had decided to back out of the scheme, like say after people started appearing to die, then the plan would've been hosed. Just dogshit movie. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SiKboy posted:

The plot sounds like a variant on a old (and famous) con which TV tropes has called the "violin scam" (Its in American Gods, and the Discworld book "Going Postal", among others). Googling "Violin Scam movie" suggests, 2011s "Thin Ice", https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1512240/ which sounds right

That's it! I kept looking for a William H Macey movie but I'd gotten him and Greg Kinnear confused.

Thanks so much. I loving hated that movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

What’s the movie that isn’t Shallow Grave that starts with a shot from the POV of a voyeur looking through a first floor dorm window. The camera then tracks right to another window, and then right again to another window. In all of the rooms there are college girls having casual scantily clad fun.

I know Shallow Grave starts with that but there’s another movie that starts the exact same loving way and it’s driving me crazy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

morestuff posted:

Blow Out definitely does this.

Oh poo poo that’s it, thanks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I need a complete list of every movie featuring a scene where someone smuggles a gun somewhere in pieces and then assembles it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

And The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot has him assembling the gun he kills Hitler with out of unassuming stuff in his pockets,

I'm sure there's more examples, and it's always very good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Just to be clear, I'm specifically only talking about scenes where the gun was disassembled in the first place for the purpose of deception. That part is very important.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I got a quick one. Old British movie about a motorcycle gang that becomes immortal. Super hot brown haired British chick in a red leather jacket hangs herself to prove her immortality. They ride their motorcycles directly into walls a lot. At the end it turns out they were immortals because of, I think a frog god. The "good guys" break the frog god's totem or something to make them stop being immortal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Thank you.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Quick, I need a list of every movie prominently featuring a Monsignor!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

magic cactus posted:

Howdy!

Looking for a sword and sorcery movie that just popped into my head. 1980s, late 70s at the very earliest, possibly '83, recall some listicle or other saying that it was "more experimental" than the others in the series. Thought it might have been death stalker II, but that's too lighthearted. Not Fulci's Conquest. 95% sure it had "Death" in the title and was an Italian production. Seem to recall a trailer that had some kind of women in a black robe and the stock sort of "theater" mask on her face, but my memory is really fuzzy on that point.

Long shot but I appreciate any suggestions!

Was it Death Stalker? or Death Stalker II? or Death Stalker III?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

morestuff posted:

Japanese movie where a couple is sitting in a pumpkin patch and the guy is bragging / lying about being a part of the British royal family

Happiness of the Katakuris?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Richard Sagawa is an icon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

All I can remember is a sequence where I think a man and a woman visit an institute for people with a disorder. Not a real disorder, a made up fictional disorder. The disorder makes them uncooperative and I think violent. An older woman works at the institute and leads the two characters around, and the people with the disorder cooperate with her. It turns out that she has a relative or something with the disorder, and that link somehow connects her to the patients. The woman is upset by this because she also has some kind of link with people with the disorder, and thinks this means that the older woman is trying to get her to work at the institute too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I AM GRANDO posted:

It almost sounds like the 90s Outer Limits or another sci-fi anthology. Any clue as to the period? 90s? Earlier?

There's an outside chance it's from the 80s But I doubt it, I think I only think that's possible because for a bit I thought I was thinking of Scanners. But I checked the plot summary and it's not Scanners. My gut is somewhere in 1995-2015

It's very annoying because I feel like if I could remember even one more thing about the movie I'd instantly remember what it was. But I can't connect that sequence to any other movie memories in my mind.

It might be Japanese.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Never mind, easy google

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 27, 2023

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Assless Chaps posted:

Possibly "Clue." I think there's a scene where yet another person is murdered in the mansion and the guests see it, sigh and leave the room.

yeah that happens in Clue

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mexi posted:

So a movie I’ve always debated whether I actually saw it or imagined it: the main thing I remember was a woman trying to find a kid (hers?) and he is with this couple for some reason. Anyways, turns out the couple are some weird crazy torture dungeon people that make tapes so the woman kills them and calls the police.

May have starred Chrisitan Slater, may have had a scene on a hockey rink with the stadium lights off so it was spooky

Oh poo poo no that’s real. I don’t remember the movie but probably the reason you think you’ve imagined it is that it’s like a weird vignette that has very little to do with the rest of the plot

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I get not wanting to admit to a mistake but trying to pass this off as a baseball glove is a bit rich

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sounds like somebody put Castle Freak and It in the machine from The Fly

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

DeimosRising posted:

Very amused that someone is posting here who watched their first horror movie in 2012 on Chiller

I don't want anyone here to feel old, but someone who was 10 years old in 2012 is now 35 years old.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

#1 could be Savage 3, there's a sequence where they kill the poo poo out of a guy in a place with stone walls.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aliens?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I feel like some movie or TV show must’ve had a character do the Sherlock Holmes thing where they deduce another character’s whole backstory on first sight based on tiny visual cues, only to eat poo poo and get every part wrong.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

trevorreznik posted:

I have a vague memory of a movie (or maybe even TV episode) where a crappy director is shouting that the next scene needs to be done as a 'oner.' Does this ring bells for anyone?

i dont think i'm thinking of one cut of the dead, since my memory of it is in English

Ah poo poo that rings a bell for me too. Maybe Hail Caesar?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

trevorreznik posted:

That was my first thought but I can't think of any time a "oner" would have been used in it. Without rewatching I can't find a mention of oner in the screenplays online

Haven't seen hail Caesar so I don't think so. Possibly due to osmosis but I doubt it

Could it have been Wag The Dog?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The_Doctor posted:

drat, I was there from the 2nd clue (unsurprisingly).

I was like, animated, hit in the face with a leaf, I know this!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Alan Smithee posted:

he looks like neither Godzilla nor King Ghidorah

sometimes movies have characters that aren't included in the title

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sitting down to watch The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover and getting super pissed off when they introduce a fifth guy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I got one that I think is going to be easy. When I was a child there was this trailer that I saw a lot because it was either on one of our VHSs I watched a lot or was on a lot of VHSs. The only part I remember is they’re getting ready to execute someone in the electric chair and that song that goes “tiiiiiiiiime is on our side, yes it is” is playing

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Thats gotta be it, thanks. What’s odd is that thats gotta be the right movie but that doesn’t seem like the right trailer at all.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh poo poo, this has shaken loose another childhood execution scene memory. I must seen it in the mid 90s, no clue the context. A guy is getting set up in the electric chair, and they’re putting tape Xs over his eyes. It cuts to the people watching and there’s one guy who is visibly very excited to see the execution.

That’s all I got.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ape Agitator posted:

How about Switching Channels with Burt Reynolds and Kathleen Turner? Ned Beatty is very enthused by the chance he might be the person among three to be the executioner in the blind panel. That said, I think it was a hood and not tape.
It's on Tubi if you'd like to check. Probably around the 2/3rds mark. A really fun and overlooked screwball comedy if you like them.

1:10:30 should get you there. Apparently an adaptation of The Front Page. I'm so uncultured.

No, that's not it. The tape is a non-negotiable part of this memory, it was definitely tape put on the eyes. And the shot of the spectators was about enjoying watching it. I think that's why it stuck with me, the technical detail of the tape and the idea of people enjoying watching someone die gave child me an incredibly strong sense that this was something I Shouldn't Be Watching.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Martman posted:

I'm struggling with anything specific but I kinda wonder if the Hellraiser movies could've had something like that. Or maybe it was more grounded/realistic?

I don't specifically remember anything fantastical about it. I know the spectators looked like normal people, at least. I don't have any strong memories of the people carrying out the execution, but they might have just not been a focus of the shot

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Faces Of Death?

Against my better judgement I googled Faces of Death execution scene and it doesn't seem quite right? There's no reaction shot. But I'm going off childhood memory so unless someone else is able to pull an execution scene with taped over eyes out of a hat, I think I'll have to accept it was this warped by childhood perception and time.

How the heck did I see a clip from Faces of Death when I was like 7 years old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Disco Pope posted:

A couple from me:

First is a "cursed body part" movie where a guy has a murderous hand. I don't believe it's "The Hand", although 80s would probably be the correct decade. My very fuzzy memory of this is that it was pitched a lot more camp and goofy than "The Hand" and had a scene with body parts floating in green goo. It's not Bride of ReAnimator, just incase the green goo throws people.

Edit: I think this might be Demonoid.

The second was a TV movie where a cop is killed and ends up in a dogs body. It's played totally straight. I remember the dog sitting under a tree monologing.

I was going to throw out a suggestion for the only other murderous hand movie I can think of but now I can't remember the title. Anthology film, one segment is about a doctor whose hand starts rebelling, he cuts it off, mayhem at the hospital ensues as everybody's hands start rebelling. The connecting feature is a respected actor in a black leather getup at a carnival or something playing a creepy guy