Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

artsy fartsy posted:

Caught a movie a few years ago on Netflix that I remember enjoying, but can't remember much else. As I recall it was real weird and avant-garde, some indie thing probably, and I don't think it was an American film.

The only scene I remember clearly is the very beginning, where the main character is sitting somewhere in public (train station, maybe?) and there's a couple near him making out. And I mean they are REALLY making out, like super aggressively with lots of gross noises, and the MC is just sitting there awkwardly trying not to stare.

Also there was something about a hole in the wall (in the literal sense.)

Ring any bells?

Sounds like the Coen Brothers segment of Paris Je T'Aime. Protagonist was Steve Buscemi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

therattle posted:

I've got another that I saw probably around 1985. May be Escape from the Bronx? It's post-apocalyptic. Groups of soldiers dressed in silver full-body outfits are flushing people from apartments with flamethrowers. Again, freaked me out. I was too young to see that. (I blame the friend who's parents owned a video shop).

It's called Escape 2000. But it should be called LEAVE THE BRONX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8SvVoo3P8

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Nettle Soup posted:

Looking for a film about a dinner party, probably black and white, proobably British. There might've been two ghosts observing things, but I might also be mixing two films up... It might've been filmed in real time, but I honestly think that's a third film I'm mixing in. Either way I can't find any of them. It wasn't a horror film.

It was sad because they were all getting older and it was most likely the last party where they'd all be together. I found it very boring, but my mum made me watch it, I kinda wanna go back to it now I'm older, but she's dead so I can't ask her what the film was. :(

It wasn't The Shooting Party, but she made me watch that too.

Hitchcock's "Rope" checks the boxes of both dinner party and filmed in "real time". The rest not so much.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Torquemada posted:

‘poo poo on me’ is Robocop, the store robber.
edit: nope, he’s more of a ’gently caress me’ guy.

"poo poo on me" is Zero Cool after he gets pwned by Acid Burn.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Trevor Hale posted:

There’s a scene in a movie where a guy is talking to another guy. Trying to explain how to act. Something along the lines of being cool and mysterious. The audience isn’t sure if they like him or not. A real lee Marvin.

In my head it sounds like Tarantino but also maybe Vince Vaughn? I’ve checked swingers and reservoir dogs and I can’t find the exact quote anywhere.

It's Vince Vaughn from Swingers. "I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie..."

Edit: This is right before he get's Nikki's number at the bar. (Dresden?)

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

SimonChris posted:

I am looking for a movie about a guy who travels to a US state looking for a dude who disappeared down there years earlier. The local authorities try to sabotage him because they were complicit in killing the dude or lynching or something. In the end, the main character defeats the bad guys by figuring out that they have been stealing his mail, which makes it a federal matter!

Also, it turns out the the guy was just there to hand over a medal to the missing dudes family, because he was a war hero or something, and if the bad guys hadn't freaked out and assumed he was out to get them, they would probably have been fine.

Does this ring a bell for anyone else?

Edit: This was an old movie.

Bad Day at Black Rock.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Disco Pope posted:

Odd question, but is there an alternative version of that with a more new-wave style soundtrack? I had the VHS as a kid and the song (as I remember it) gets stuck in my head sometimes.

Was it this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NPe1e1ohCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Plump and Ready posted:

I'm trying to figure out a movie and Its killing me. All I remember is a suspenseful scene in the woods or something I vaguely remember foggy woods and some ethereal singing in the background like a woman going ooooh oooh ooooooh oooh.

I know that's not much to go on but it's driving me nuts

The Guardian (1990) had a lot of that kind of stuff going on. Not sure how many people actually saw it, though.