Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

it also sounds vaguely like The People Under the Stairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Nettle Soup posted:

Ding ding ding, that's it for the two ghosts! I guess the dinner party one was another one? I'll watch it tonight :D

The other one might be Dinner at Eight, I'll give it a look.

Your description of the dinner party made me think of John Huston's The Dead... longshot but it could be.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Torquemada posted:

Some of this fits one of my favourite films, What’s Up Doc. Ryan O’Neal is engaged to Madeline Kahn for about half the movie, then leaves her for Barbara Steisand. She plays a pain in the rear end, and he’s constantly annoyed by her for most of the first half. The only thing that doesn’t fit is the park: the film ends with an almost unparalleled car chase through San Fransisco, including a very famous pane of glass scene and also a Chinese dragon, which I’m sure you’d remember.

Well technically it ends at the airport, but that also doesn't fit. What's Up Doc was the first thing I thought of too, probably because I just watched it like 3 days ago.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

gey muckle mowser posted:

not sure it fits exactly (especially because it’s in black and white) but the description reminds me of the rooftop crane shot from I Am Cuba

Starts about 2 minutes in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOLVm_9UcRw

The shot I thought of was this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h35QgVZzesE

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Spatulater bro! posted:

Yeah this sounds a bit like Outer Space by Peter Tscherkassky.

That's what I was thinking too, but for the life of me I couldn't remember the name.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Not a movie, I don't think, but probably a show.

I think it was PBS. Had a tall white guy, who looks like he was maybe 40, sort of looked like he was a part of Mr Rogers Neighbourhood, or Captain Kangaroo. He's in a room, and he MIGHT have been dressed up as Elvis. Either way, the whole time, he's singing to himself "who's the king of rock and roll? Tell me; I just got to know" over and over again.

The guy ALMOST looks like George Frankley, from Square One's Math Net, but it's definitely not him.

Edit: ok, he looked like Chuck Aber, but I don't think it's him, based on his IMDB filmography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2gGv-VuHk

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wow. Again, thank you. How did you find it?

I had taped it off cable when it aired and watched it a bunch of times back in the day.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm looking for a black-and-white film of which an excerpt was featured in Godard's The Image Book. Said excerpt consists of a tracking shot moving from left to right along the outside of a train. Whenever the camera reaches one of the train windows, it briefly pauses to peek inside while a voice-over tells us a few facts about the passenger inhabiting that compartment (namely what they did during World War 2 and what they are doing now). I'm reasonably confident it's a Hollywood production that was made not too long after the war ended, but that's all I have to go on.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5749596/movieconnections/?ref_=tt_trv_cnn

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Common in Australia as well.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Thief?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uV5XvUNcW0

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Alan Smithee posted:

Just watched Napoleon and was reminded of a synopsis I read once. I’m honestly not even sure if it s a movie or a book but it was about a French soldier under Napoleon’s army who became a straggler or deserter and was trying to make it home on enemy territory. I want to say Russia but even that seems hazy.

This is ringing some bells for me... picturing the dude hiding out with a family in a little cottage, and falling in love with a woman who lives there or nearby. I feel like my movie was more WWII-era, but could be wrong. I'll keep searching my brain for it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

FitFortDanga posted:

This is ringing some bells for me... picturing the dude hiding out with a family in a little cottage, and falling in love with a woman who lives there or nearby. I feel like my movie was more WWII-era, but could be wrong. I'll keep searching my brain for it.

I just realized I was thinking of the ending to The Grand Illusion, which is WWI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Longshot but could be Revenge of a Kabuki Actor (1963)? Protagonist is a female impersonator, out for revenge, lots of very stylish set design and cinematography.

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 10, 2024