Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i like the rhizzone too i hear that's where most of the lf posters went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i logged into wddp for the first time in forever and none of the forums are visible, am i sh-sh-shadowbanned

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
LF was the incarnation of politics before and after Obama

this is one of my favorite SA threads of all time. a monument to the sheer stupidity and naivete of 2008:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2927711

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Main Paineframe posted:

this is one of my favorite SA threads of all time. a monument to the sheer stupidity and naivete of 2008:

i thought LF was totally nuked how do you get the threads up. are posts by the chapo guys and sam kriss and that still on there? interesting to see how you become a famous internet person.

Ghost Who Walks
Jul 15, 2005

High Five.
Bangalla style.

Main Paineframe posted:

What was the pic? 'Cus I feel I'm missing something vital here.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the best lf thread was "Forensic anthropologists reconstruct the "true face of Jesus""

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

i thought LF was totally nuked how do you get the threads up. are posts by the chapo guys and sam kriss and that still on there? interesting to see how you become a famous internet person.

That's from the LF Goldmine. It isn't visible on the main forum list, but it's still accessible if you know its forumid or have a link. Just go here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=222

All the posts are old enough that they won't show up in the default view; you have to use the archives bar at the bottom to choose the year you want to read. It's a goldmine forum, so you should be able to read it without archives.

You can do the same with LF proper here, though you might need to have archives to do so:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=201

Ghost Who Walks posted:

What was the pic? 'Cus I feel I'm missing something vital here.

there was no pic in the OP, people just really thought it was that ridiculous that anyone would be so silly as to think that Obama would extend the Bush tax cuts

after a couple of years, that thread was funny for entirely different reasons

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

That's from the LF Goldmine. It isn't visible on the main forum list, but it's still accessible if you know its forumid or have a link. Just go here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=222

All the posts are old enough that they won't show up in the default view; you have to use the archives bar at the bottom to choose the year you want to read. It's a goldmine forum, so you should be able to read it without archives.

You can do the same with LF proper here, though you might need to have archives to do so:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=201

there was no pic in the OP, people just really thought it was that ridiculous that anyone would be so silly as to think that Obama would extend the Bush tax cuts

after a couple of years, that thread was funny for entirely different reasons

I randomly clicked like 2008 and was rewarded with this classic masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QC574j9ksI

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

what were chapos usernames

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3365121&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post384453267

here's the fake reason LF doesn't exist

the real reason was people making fun of Grover

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

c-spam is basically LF but more willing to vote isn't it, basically from what i gather

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

c-spam is basically LF but more willing to vote isn't it, basically from what i gather

idk about LF from 2009 on but 07/08 was extremely pro-obama

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

kingcobweb posted:

idk about LF from 2009 on but 07/08 was extremely pro-obama
tbf it was coming on the aftermath of 2 disasterous foreverwars, jingoism, economic collapse, john ashcrofts and donalds rumsfelds with scalia citing torture is good because 24 said so. so a (half) black guy from relatively poorer origins, wow he might understand the issues! he's against wars! america might be able to slightly become less bad hoorah this is historic!!!

but it should have been immediately obvious by the first three months of obama's presidency that he was just Black Reagan and staffed himself full of clinton and reagan admin dipshits. sadly i think it took goons too long to accept they got hoodwinked and swindled by another neoliberalism corporate elite shill. it probably wasn't until 2012 that goons figured it out.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

does anyone have the old LF flag pic (the anteater one) saved

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

gh0stpinballa posted:

I think it followed the politics of young people from 2007-2012. Started super optimistic with Obama, and was tankies and maoist by the time occupy happened. It was farther left than cspam

LF was too ahead of it's time so insecure FYAD posters had it shutdown. Very sad.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Cspam still has hope, give it time

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Hey so why are cspam & tgrs their own boards instead?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cspam and tgrs doing the fusion dance and becoming the most annoying forum in SA history

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Syenite posted:

Hey so why are cspam & tgrs their own boards instead?

if you mean why aren’t they a unified forum, it’s probably because tgrs doesn’t want anything to do with cspam; considering half of the cross-forum interactions is white cis posters from cspam dropping into random threads and treating tgrs like the Sacred Council of Minorities, launching into a massive effortpost about their own struggles to overcome their privilege and be a self-proclaimed Ally, I don’t blame tgrs in the slightest

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if you mean why aren’t they a unified forum, it’s probably because tgrs doesn’t want anything to do with cspam; considering half of the cross-forum interactions is white cis posters from cspam dropping into random threads and treating tgrs like the Sacred Council of Minorities, launching into a massive effortpost about their own struggles to overcome their privilege and be a self-proclaimed Ally, I don’t blame tgrs in the slightest
this but goon form

Chillgamesh posted:

O GREAT EBONY GODS, I, A LOWLY WHITE, OF FEEBLE MIND AND BODY, PROSTRATE MYSELF BEFORE YOU, THAT I MIGHT PARTAKE OF YOUR ANCIENT TRIBAL KNOWLEDGE

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Yinlock posted:

can't help but notice logik still hanging over the forum like a sword of damocles

it's hilarious, sometimes they'll post in a thread trying to make just normal old posts, like a boss who everyone hates trying to drop in and make small talk with everyone at a staff party even though everyone (boss included) knows they aren't wanted there

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

being a mod is a demotion. cant even troll a thread without people baying for your blood and calling you a genocide explainer smdh

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

basically, a brazillian teen yelled slurs at hundreds of extremely earnest obama fans until they became maoists

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 17 hours!)

LF was a good forum, may it rest in peace. The home of twitter superstars, podcasting imperials, and nascar drivers. Truly the internet's Vienna Cafe. (Also the best thread was "name a more evil company than de beers")

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 17 hours!)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2882549

Oct 28, 2003

can anyone pm me the offsite I was on ages ago after lf blew up? I was scarystoriestotelltoadork. my old computer blew up and so did my brain.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
In ancient times,
Dozens of years before the dawn of CSPAM
Lived an ancient race of people, the LF posters

No one knows who they were or what they were doing
But their legacy remains
Hewn into the digital rock, of Something Awful

LF! Where the commies dwell
Where the shitposts live and they do live well
LF! Where a ban's a ban
And the tankies dance to the peoples' band

LF! 'Tis a magic place
Where the flag doth rise with anteater's face
LF! Where the praxis lies
And the clacking of keybords fills the midnight sky

And you comrade, won't you take my hand?
We'll go back in time to that mystic land
Where the legends post and the stars are born
I will take you there, I will show you how

And oh how they danced
The little children of LF
Beneath the haunted moon
For fear that Lowtax might come too soon

And where are they now?
The little people of LF
And what would they say to us?
If we were here, tonight

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Peanut President posted:

the best thread was "name a more evil company than de beers"

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lf was good, and in hindsight it only gets better and more prophetic

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
someone should make a "Who's The Most Evil Company: 2020 edition" thread. everyone nominates their picks for most evil company. then a bracket is made and everyone votes to determine who the most evil company is once and for all

e: mostly because it would be a good thread to link people to for agitating. the old thread has some of the problems LF had which make it less accessible of a thing to link to 12 years later.

Rodatose has issued a correction as of 19:54 on Jan 18, 2020

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Rodatose posted:

someone should make a "Who's The Most Evil Corporation: 2020 edition" thread. everyone nominates their picks for most evil corporation. then a bracket is made and everyone votes to determine who the most evil corporation is once and for all

oh drat that was a good lf thread

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Farm Frenzy posted:

basically, a brazillian teen yelled slurs at hundreds of extremely earnest obama fans until they became maoists

i thought maggotmaster was chilean, i bet they're kicking rear end in the santiago laser riots rn

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018
This thread is just a rabbit hole of scandal and insanity. Love it.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

can Naruto McCain be the new stylesheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

this is the best LF thread, actually (because i didn't post in it) -- https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3180161