Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Problem description: I have an ASRock M8 Z87 based desktop that I found frozen, so I force powered it off. It no longer turns back on.

I've had this machine for 5+ years so it's probably just dead, just want to see if anyone else has fresh ideas.

Attempted fixes:
  • Reseated and repasted CPU
  • Tried single stick of RAM, no RAM, swapping RAM, etc
  • Removed all SATA connections
  • Reseated GPU
  • The usual dusting, cleaning, etc.
  • Replug fans, PSU
  • Jumped PSU, PSU fan does spin
  • Cleard CMOS, replaced 2032 battery, etc

Recent changes: No, this system has not been touched aside from regular maintenance. It was last blown out probably Oct of '19.

Operating system: e.g. Win10

System specs: The full specs of the machine are:

Asrock M8-Z87 Motherboard
i7-4770 CPU
EVGA GTX 970 SC
16GB RAM
1TB HDD
512GB SSD
256GB SSD

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Throwing in the towel on it already honesty. Ripped all the parts out, did a test bench run and then my CPU fan mount broke, so I think the universe is sending me a sign.