Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
* More time to spend posting on the something awful dot com internet forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

* plenty of time to reminisce about all the social faux pas I've ever made. Did I spit on you once while talking? it's 3am so better relive that moment in excruciating detail!

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
* the hallucinations provide a great conversation topic at parties

FluffieDuckie

* so much time to clean out closets

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

* being the only member of the household who has seen all 564 episodes of Law & Order

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Heather Papps

hello friend

The beauty of solitude, also, almost always winning the "I'm soooooo tired" game adults play

Professor of Cats

Heather Papps posted:

The beauty of solitude, also, almost always winning the "I'm soooooo tired" game adults play

Guilty

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
The only one that's ever bested me ended up getting a booboo bus to the er from a heart arrhythmia caused by lack of sleep

So I'm good with my silver medal

Chewbecca

Heather Papps posted:

I will see people talk about it for ages and say nothing, but if asked I'll just casually be like "oh I was awake between midnight and 5am" and everyone is like wow you're so cool and adult with your chronic insomnia :coolfish:

:smithicide:

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
more time to work on my cosplay of Al Pacino from the movie Insomnia

----------------

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
[deliriously] I'm a dirty cop.

[gestures at nothing] I did bad things.

[jaw slackens]

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

With my busy schedule there's no way I'd be able to get everything done, but with Chronic Insomnia I can hold a 40+ hour job, make all my art, do the dishes, clean the cat box, sweep the floors, scrub the bath-tub, fold the laundry, organize my desk and STILL have time for video games and tv!

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

not being able to hold down a job means not having to work! :eng101:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

xcheopis

If I can't sleep, then the clowns can't get me.

Professor of Cats

it's okay! they are just trying to return your credit card you left at the pub

(muffled evil honk noise)

----------------

xcheopis

I have no credit card and I must debt. - Ellison's horror story about student loans

Goons Are Gifts

Answering the question how I'm able to work on so many things at once with "I usually work at night to be productive" to avoid revealing my secret without lying to someone's face.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Me and stoner sloth had an immediate bond

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

Me and stoner sloth had an immediate bond

Fredrik1 posted:

* the hallucinations provide a great conversation topic at parties

Chewbecca posted:

* More time to spend posting on the something awful dot com internet forums

watho posted:

not being able to hold down a job means not having to work! :eng101:

Heather Papps posted:

so many good answers ITT - I like having lots of time to read

also i think being constantly tired has forced me to be a chiller person than i might otherwise have been cause avoiding stress and trying not to constantly be snappy at people because tired will do that

mostly though my favourite thing has been having time to post at odd hours with you, my friends on BYOB!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

also i think being constantly tired has forced me to be a chiller person than i might otherwise have been cause avoiding stress and trying not to constantly be snappy at people because tired will do that

mostly though my favourite thing has been having time to post at odd hours with you, my friends on BYOB!!

:yossame:

watho

wouldn’t be awake to make this post at 4 am otherwise

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nothin like bringing your own soda to the wendys at 12:30 am to go with the spicy chicken sandwich / daves single 5$ combo

probably not the healthiest lunch but sometimes u gotta treat yourself

----------------

alexandriao

im late night (well, ok... 6am) posting this w no sleep so i feel i need to add:

being able to make any error or mistake below a certain magnitude and just be like.. hey im sorry, its 3am. and people wont poo poo on u as much then

Chewbecca

Stoner Sloth posted:

Being awake at all hours of the night in Australia means posting with my BYOB pals during their daytime hours :gbsmith:

Finger Prince

Mine isn't chronic but it's happening live in real time right now. Weird that I only ever get it on work days. That's weird right? Probably nothing to do with the general sense of loathing I also get on work days.

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

Being awake at all hours of the night in Australia means posting with my BYOB pals during their daytime hours :gbsmith:

:same:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Professor of Cats

Chewbecca posted:

I wish I was able to buy you a beverage of your choice right now

----------------

Chewbecca

Professor of Cats posted:

I wish I was able to buy you a beverage of your choice right now

Thank you friend

I'm gonna drink cheap wine and be sad

:lol:

Escape From Noise

*More time to get to know myself Biblically.

xcheopis

Definitely a good time to pet An Handsome Fellow, who is, you will be horrified to learn, shockingly neglected in the wee hours of the night.

French Accent

* stargazing and hoping you get to see a shooting star

i will have my wish some day, i just gotta be patient

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

My insomnia has led to a prescription of Seroquel which allows me to dictate exactly when I get tired and want to sleep so in a way the treatment for my insomnia has given me unprecedented control over my sleep schedule

Chewbecca

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

My insomnia has led to a prescription of Seroquel which allows me to dictate exactly when I get tired and want to sleep so in a way the treatment for my insomnia has given me unprecedented control over my sleep schedule

Oh man I miss q-ballin'

Another great thing about insomnia is becoming delirious three days in and losing touch with reality (which is a bonus cos reality sucks)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

haha. 04:28 am. lol

Goons Are Gifts

It's kinda chill to stay up until 5:17am and sleep to wake up now at 13:29.
It feels like you really are getting somewhere.

Let's see if there's still someone at work.

watho

lots of time to listen to music or podcasts although i’m not a big fan of listening to podcasts because i’m afraid of falling asleep and missing the content

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
[goggle-eyed]

i falsified evidence in a number of rape trials ... murders... cases where we knew they did it, we knew we had the bastards, but--

[smacks lips stupidly]

if they take me down... all those scumbags get back on the streets...

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

The mirror dog

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
I'M GONNA KILL ROBIN WILLIAMS!!!!

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin
with insomnia you'll never miss those 4 am knife show shopping blocks on the TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp5Nt2MUHms