Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bee burger
Nov 4, 2011
I moved to San Diego (la jolla) from SF recently and am enjoying the restaurants quite a lot. What kind of stuff do you all enjoy around here?

I’m going to include some small reviews of stuff in this post so you all can criticize my taste or call me stupid or whatever too.

SALUD
IMO the best tacos. When they are in the middle of a rush and are making fresh tortillas it’s just incomparable. Good beer also.

poki one n half
Good poke chain. Fresh fish, good addons. I eat a lot of lunches here.

menya ultra
Really balanced and tasty tonkotsu ramen. Great noodles, deeply flavored broth that’s not too rich, and a cheerful place to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Highly recommended:

Spicy City on Convoy. Sichuanese food. Convoy (and that area more generally) has a ton of great stuff.

Mama's Bakery & Lebanese Deli in University Heights. Not really a bakery I think. Good Lebanese food.

Saigon Star on Friar's Road. Is it the best Vietnamese place? I have no idea, I've never tried most of them. Is it a great Vietnamese place? Yeah!

That vegan taco food truck that always hangs out by the tiny Target in South Park.

City Tacos in North Park makes good tacos.

I've never been to Tahini in Clairemont Mesa but I have lots of friends who love it.

But, I think my #1 restaurant in San Diego, nestled in a tiny room in the back of a tiny market, is Awash Ethiopian Restaurant. So fantastic.

the anti femi nazi
May 30, 2007
Coop’s West Texas BBQ in lemon grove. Once you’ve made it all the way into lemon grove you might as well hit up Valley Farm Market in Spring Valley for their barbecue shack and beer selection. I second the Convoy love, just go up there and explore, we enjoy Chopstix for some solid cheap Japanese/ramen. If you make it up to Encinitas on a cold or rainy day la especial del norte has the best chicken soup I’ve ever tasted. Mitch’s Seafood in Point Loma has a beautiful view and great food. While in Point Loma hit up the Bali Hai during happy hour for a mai tai. Pomegranate is really good Georgian/Russian. Cuatros Milpas in barrio Logan is a great breakfast, get some tortillas to go. Juniper and Ivy is of course good, I suggest just getting a ton of their small bites as those have been my favorite part every time. Taco shops are almost always decent if not great. Pizzeria Bruno Napoletano is my favorite wood fired pizza I’ve found so far, everyone raves about buona forchetta, but every time I've gone the food has been mediocre and the service lacking.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
crack shack (available in a few places in so cal) had some really, really good fried chicken sandwiches

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Tony's Jacal in Solana Beach for sit-down Mexican food. Since 1946. Get the chile relleno and turkey taco or chile Colorado plate. You are welcome OP.