Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Italian cruise ship on lockdown after two passengers suspected of having coronavirus, thousands stuck on board.

Not a great holiday.

Yeah and now they might have coronavirus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What happened with that hospital they said they were gonna build last week?
Everyone was like “look how amazing China is!!!” With a photo of some diggers but then nothing.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

vandalism posted:

god i can't wait

For what

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So what does this actually mean.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fairly loving stupid to not tell us where they’re from.
If they’ve been to Bicester village, which they probably have, it would be good for people to fuckin know.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Weird that they can just inject a bunch of random drugs into someone and see what happens isn’t it haha?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is there any credible sources for the “China is cremating people 24/7 now” narrative that is appearing in the tabloid news at all?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

^ that’s not what I’m asking.

Jabor posted:

Does China's national health commission count as a "credible source" to you?

I saw that but that’s how most good rumours start with kernel of truth. I understand they want to cremate all victims of the virus but that wouldn’t require 24/7 multiple crematoriums running if it was “only” 300 or so people over the past few weeks. Googling it shows me not much other than red tops and twitter folk saying it’s X thousand per day or whatever. Was hoping there might be credible Chinese news sites out there.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

There appears to just be 2 tiny tack welds onto the tiny piece of metal on the top too. You could break that with a firm push lol. Not sure wtf it’s meant to be but that isn’t keeping anyone in. Freaks my nut out that China has front doors that open outward into a corridor too

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

rear end is off the menu.
Bats, however...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How do you actually figure out who patient zero was? The whole science of this is properly fascinating.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I just read the Lancet article myself and it says;

99 patients with 2019-nCoV were included in this study, two of whom were husband and wife. In total, 49 (49%) patients were clustered and had a history of exposure to the Huanan seafood market. Among them, there were 47 patients with long-term exposure history, most of whom were salesmen or market managers, and two patients with short-term exposure history, who were shoppers.

What makes people think that it didn’t start at the market now? The obvious takeaway would be it came from there and the other 50% caught it second hand surely? Other wise is seems very weird that a full half literally worked in the market.

It also made no mention of “patient zero.”

Or is there another Lancet article I should be reading?

It also mentions the 2 that died in this study were relatively fit and healthy but that they smoked. Could the relative extreme spread in Wuhan be down to weak lungs from smog if so? Quite interesting.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That’s really weird. Like it would make sense if someone took the virus into the market and it spread from there but the first presenting patient having absolute no link to it is bizarre. The quoted doctor says the 3 scenarios are someone taking it into the market themselves, a single animal in the market or a group of animals. If the first patient never went into the market how would they be consistent with what he’s saying.

The Jordan/Saudi Arabia MERS anecdote is also very creepy. Just 3 people appearing with an unknown illness months and countries apart.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

monkeytennis posted:

I was in York with MY WIFE the weekend before last. There were lots of Chinese tourists especially down the Shambles and around the Minster.

A week and a bit later we’ve both got a virus that’s kicking our rear end.

Am I going to die? :ohdear:

Errr have you been to the doctors coz the uk cases are literally from York op

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Let’s just email Chinese crematorium staff and ask them to join the forums and we can get to the bottom of this once and for all

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good point. If America also bad then China must be good

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Apparently that’s what happens when you experience a cytokine storm? Your lungs get flooded with antibodies and you die and shake around. How you can be walking about at that point I have absolutely no idea it’s creepy as poo poo.

Also do we know if that doctor definitely had no underlying issues? 34 year old doctor is outside the realm of people you’d expect to die. Brutal.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah because all of the people going to quarantine were wearing full suits. Seems way smarter to me as no need to decontaminate absolutely everything.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

One of my friends is a nurse in the uk and they had their first suspected case today. Weirdly the hospital with a tropical disease unit is just down the road but they admitted the patient to her place and some hazmat doctors appeared. Wonder if that’s easier than disinfecting an ambulance or what.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The first anime pillow to get corona virus on a cruise ship.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The hospital sent her home pending test results lmao. What the gently caress

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Saros posted:

Telling people to self isolate at home and ambulancing them there is the correct response because most will just have the flu/a cold.

Ah I thought she went back in the uber too!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Weird that your whole schtick is mental health or whatever and then you’re just gonna ignore literal health. Wtf lol

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m best man at an Amalfi coast wedding in a couple of months lol I should read about the hotel refund policies that I’ve booked around there ffs

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s that cykostine storm(?) thing everyone goes on about isn’t it?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So how is this still not a pandemic lol

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fellas, is it racist to note where the virus originated

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://twitter.com/steven_swinford/status/1237503494325559296?s=21

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How did South Korea seemingly contain it so well when they didn’t lock down cities and poo poo? Really looking quite impressive

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My wife went to tesco earlier and apparently people were queueing up to buy toilet paper and it sold out within minutes. This is a huge supermarket too. People are losing their minds.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If only young people had been allowed to buy property before old people bought more as some kind of fair system like that lol

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Beefeater1980 posted:

How the gently caress do clubs account for 50% of all income in Berlin, that doesn’t seem remotely possible.

Money laundering

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I looked up how many deaths Italy has for flu per year and found this:

“ In January this year, Italy reported that since flu season started in October 2019, over 2 million cases of flu were recorded, resulting in 240 deaths.”

More people than that died TODAY. A good statistic for the usual arseholes to be informed of.

I would love to know why a lot of conservatives seem desperate to say it’s a non issue and the fault of the media. I don’t understand why the correlation is so high. Just had my 60 year old Tory in laws round and they were convinced it was not bad at all.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

sweet thursday posted:

Goddammit I have to share it if this is true. Do you still have your sources available? This is great info to shove in some idiot prairie nurse faces.

I got it from here:

https://www.thelocal.it/20200123/flu-outbreak-in-italy-half-a-million-people-struck-down-in-a-week

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1240325975239516160?s=21

gently caress

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What is actually going on in Wuhan?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lol at the government deferring vat after everyone had cancelled their direct debits anyway.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Burt Sexual posted:

Is some national guard dude stop me from walking across my driveway to have a garage beer?

:synpa:

Honestly with your luck atm you shouldn’t tempt fate ahahahaha

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

remember the tweet about how the rivers of Italy are coming back to life? it was bs.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/2020/03/coronavirus-pandemic-fake-animal-viral-social-media-posts/

also the original tweet is still up because the tweeter considers it a personal achievement on the number of likes and retweets

Is anything good anymore. For fucks sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why would an antibiotic fix a viral issue? What’s the science there.