Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Rolo posted:

We can call it Great Clips.

Is that taken?

We don't want too much traffic from people who aren't 'in the know' so lets just call it Average Clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Corona Crew Cuts are the new style. Don't want any nasty rona getting in your filthy hippy hair. I cut my hair like 3 weeks ago and just did it down to a 1/4 an inch, way too short, but I had really long hair so it was way faster to just go as short as I could stand.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey friends, I have never got a flu shot as an adult because I have never gotten the flu. I think I have a strong immune system, knock on wood. I think I will be getting it this year because they are saying the flu and corona are going to really gently caress us this fall/winter. Any negatives to getting it after not taking it for like idk 15 years at least. Also, any shots I should re-up on? I hate going to the DR for reasons, and only go when I think I have cancer, knock on wood again. Anyway thanks for reading, we should all get flu shots this year though, right?!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Thanks, I wear a mask all the time, might be one of those weirdos you see wearing a mask in a car! If I am going to a few stores I keep it on until I am done. I'll talk to my Docs office, I had a virtual appoint on the phone a couple months ago to set up a PCP if I ever need a Covid test, it is a teaching hospital like on Scrubs so most of the Dr's are gone after 2 years or so. Is there a mask thread? I like the KN95s I bought with one way valve for 5 bux each, very cool to wear, easy breathing, but not the N95 seal I get with those, but these are ear masks, I think the N95s hold tighter because of the double straps behind the head. (I have these from Swine flu, cool down) also my dads neighbor who works at University Hospitals in Cleveland says they are paying 4bux per N95 when they order in the 100K's at a time, can any health goons confirm this?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Shaocaholica posted:

4/5 people here wear their masks low under the nose. I don’t think it’s ignorance of how to wear masks but just doing the minimum to not get hassled for it.

Yeah, employees that are probably required to wear masks wear them around their neck. Good thing plexie glass is btwn us in most places.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Should I get out of the City (of Cleveland) again and go back to my dad's house? Cases are spiking in the county, honestly they are spiking everywhere, we might just go to the cabin 2 hours east of CBUS in the sticks. IDK anymore.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I don't know if anyone here would know, but how is the military handling coronavirus? I have a couple former students who just graduated and are excited to leave for basic. They've contacted me a few times about it and I'm happy that they're excited, but then I was just thinking about it and wondering how the military is handling it. Between barracks, dining, training, etc. it looks like they'd constantly be in close quarters all the time.

I have a friend who has been in since HS. He is an MP in South Carolina now. I know a couple weeks ago he told me they were testing just over a thousand soldiers. Very few came back positive, and none of the 107 people under him were positive.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Turns out the cure is much, much worse than the virus, RIP America.

Time to start stocking up again on vitamins, minerals, TP, etc. I should've bought N95's at maybe a 5% markup in January when I heard about this but missed the boat. I have all kinds of masks to wear depending on contact level of the place I am going to go. My favorite gas station is awesome because the guy always wears a mask and gloves and is never that busy. If I see people in their without a mask I wait in my car until they leave. Grocery stores, Walmart, Marcs, etc need at least 2 masks. At least hand santitizer is pretty easy to get now.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 23, 2020

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

I have N95s I will wear those alone. I like to put a 'surgical' mask on under those cloth and nylon masks with the pouch. The surgical masks are loose and not air tight whatsoever but the other mask holds it down and is actually safe to wear on it's own. But when I try to but these surgical masks with the strings cut off in the pouch it just never works right.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
If a non mask wearer comes within 6 feet of me am I allowed to beat him off for attempted manslaughter?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I rent a row house in OH. Am I allowed to refuse entry to workers if they don't wear masks? I am getting windows measured for replacement, should only take a few minutes, I'll be gone when they do the actual work. I will put up a sign asking them to and saying I have free sanitary unused masks. Not really trying to get into a tentant/landlord dispute atm so I'll just hope the second route works.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I'll be here for the measuring tomorrow. I have a cat don't want him getting breathed on, etc. Ya I fully expect they won't be wearing masks when they do the actual work so I'll santitize as much as I can when they are done.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Idiots just won't wear the mask and this poo poo is out of control at this point. 1918 didn't teach anyone a lesson, if G Wubs was President this would have been nipped in the bud b4 it started. At this point must of us will get it.

Please mods/admins, don't probe me for this:
I am not trying to peddle conspiracy but I have read a lot about "Post Covid Syndrome", this is SARS 2.0 and most SARS victims hate their life because of after effects, you might not die now but you may in the future, no one has a clue what this thing is doing. Think I read most of that in this thread, stay safe.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Update on my sit: the window guys all wore masks and were super cool. Maybe cooler than some of you...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I want out of the Cool Zone friends. Lets pool our money and move to Antarctica, the Freezing Zone! I view this 'graph' not as a curve or spike or whatever, but a dip below the X- Axis (maybe Y, I'm not a Dr.) in March and we are only going deeper. Hey were drownin' over here, help us out, but no. The Cool Zone is real and very uncool, also anyone know the unemployment rate, is it 30% or more yet like the quote?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

bird with big dick posted:

Is there a good antibody test now and how do I get it

Donate blood to the Red Cross, read they give you that info for free.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cool Zone? More like Fool Zone, am I right fella's?! Try the Shrimp and don't forget to tip your server!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Shaocaholica posted:

If Trump is going to put his name behind a vaccine then I'm sure there will be enough human beta testers out there to figure out how bad it is.

Listen, I may have gotten my Trump Bux by direct deposit but I got a letter signed by him. If he wants to put his name behind more checks, than yes, thank you!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I've been telling my friends about the cool zone, but they don't believe it. Half of them don't wear masks either. Any advice besides sever?

Sniped, cool and good like masks.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
What is the deal with former maskers taking off the shield? I was talking to a friend on FB and she used to wear a mask all the time. She asked me if I wanted to talk to her friend, I asked if she wore a mask. She didn't know, but I never heard back after that and now she is an anti-masker, how do people get dumber as time passes?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Saw a thing on youtube from the news and it showed that cloth masks, woven, are actually better for preventing the spread than n95s.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Lugubrious posted:

Same reason a lot of people got pissy about lockdown, probably: nobody they know has been affected, so why bother inconveniencing themselves?

I made a post in the cool zone, but yeah I told my dad I won't be seeing him in person until he and my step mom shape it up, he is another un-masker, but it doesn't really matter if his wife doesn't wear one, they are going to Geneva on the Lake a wine district and party place for boomers. They are staying in their trailer at a camp ground, but 'have to go to the winaries b4 they close again'. My like step 'cousin' or whatever she is fights the wife on this and I fight my dad, maybe they will get it someday (not it, i hope).

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Look I'm just doing what the founding fathers did. George Washington is well known for saying "gently caress masks" and spray painting "all lives matter" across Seattle walkways, okay? I'm just honoring the US. I'm just-

This guy is real dumb, George Washington never did that it was Abraham Lincoln.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Saved the last 85 posts for later reading. But has anyone said anything about us being out of the cool zone yet? I miss it already. According to Big Don we only have like 11% UE.

*storms out of thread*

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100k a day is a low end estimate, Christ.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

MarcusSA posted:

It’s crazy that we are deep into this and cleaning supplies are so hard to find. I was just in target and they were completely cleaned out except for the organic bullshit.

Couldn’t find a drat thing with beach.

Where do you live? I'm in Ohio and went to Aldi today and got what I wanted, but there was a one per limit on a lot of stuff, and overpriced hand santitizer (i'll never know how to spell it right and am resigned to this fate). I got a super super quad roll that is 72 rolls in 14 or something for 10bux, cool, I guess. Also, never trust a flyer or ad for a grocer they are either, sold out, have it priced above the ad and say gently caress you when you ask about it, or say 'due to food shortages we can't honor this sale price. I just go in blind now, cool like that.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

The Ferret King posted:

*Sigh* yeah it's pretty funny

Who wants to come to a SA 'Corona catching 'party''? Whomever catches it first will own 49% of the site. Now, we just need a few pozzes to stop us from being negs.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Don't worry friends, I will win the White House for us, won't be too hard, I'll have at least the goons backing my bid. First things first, there will be no more ''CAR TAX" anywhere, hoped I earned your vote.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Gologle posted:

I'm just putting this out there, I feel like talking about how much a country sucks or is better/worse off than some other countries isn't completely on topic for discussing the coronavirus and news and updates pertaining to it.

This is a Trump friendly forum friend, America is great again, get your commie rear end out of here! /s

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I thought there was one weird thing about the protests. Everyone learned to wear the 'surgical' masks the right way over the course of two days. I learned from watching the vids too!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
JFK is unlike the other 3 but ok, I see your point. We are bad people, I don't and won't consider Trump as a President, Obama then Biden is what I'll see. He is a bad man and I almost voted for him because I thought the way he talked was funny.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

JFK was going to close down the CIA. The CIA runs rampant around the world overthrowing democracies among all the other poo poo they get up to. Also, that seminal moment is when the US really started to split. LBJ escalating in Vietnam which led to the fracturing of the country. The US, I mean.

Oh I know why JFK was killed. He was a good one.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Someone said here or in the cool zone, that Trump was taking plasma so he doesn't care and will always be safe. Anyone know what that means? Like blood plasma taken from people with antibodies? Is that smart, and why can't they work on ramping that up if it is?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
If we could get access to that orb again I think it might solve it all, but I'm an optimist.

Not really, thinking about buying and wearing a face shield when I go out. IDGAF what I look like in these trying times. I know you can get it from your eyes and non mask wearers breath all over you. Then I come home with a face soaked of sweat from my mask. So yeah we are all going to die.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

There Bias Two posted:

Is there a source for this?

I'd just assume there is, we are in hell world now.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Well then, give it to me straight friends, how much could I make being Trumps blood boy?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I bought a two pack of KN95s at the gas station. They are pretty good and have a one way valve for easier and cooler breathing. You don't get the tight seal like with an N95 respirator, but that is probably because of the double head bands. Anyway, I see a 25 pack for 65 bux, doesn't have a valve. Waiting on reviews. Also waiting on my 100 pack of 'surgical masks' that I ordered in early May, should be here by the 25th.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Youth Decay posted:

Are the grocery stores around you guys starting to get cleaned out of basic items again? I'm good on TP and paper towels it's the food I'm worried about.

Yeah, I'm in CLE and the prices are out of control. I always buy a big pack of TP when I hit the grocer. Well, they aren't out of control but don't bother reading ads before you shop, prices are not the same in the stores for 'reasons'

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Cool, Cleveland just made masks mandatory in public. Gonna hit the store in a bit and will report back how many criminals I see while I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Michael Corleone posted:

Cool, Cleveland just made masks mandatory in public. Gonna hit the store in a bit and will report back how many criminals I see while I'm out.

Nice, absolutely nothing changed, not in the least bit!