Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it's a good thing we've got new permadeath avs, very fortuitous timing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

if someone quotes you so have a yellow post that means you now have the coronavirus and i have given it to you :rip:

time to dust off and repurpose the ol' forums cancer buttons

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Minrad posted:

So I just got off the phone with my friend who lives in Wuhan. Apparently she's come down with a cough and she's pretty sure she's got coronavirus, HOWEVER she's been locked in her room for over a week now and went in for some vaccine shot boosters about a month ago before this whole thing kicked off. I'm starting to think the theories about this being a government superweapon are real.

vaccines aren't real and your friend was injected with the virus, hth

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i can't help but wonder about what happens when ttump catches this from a rally and, despite having access to top level care, starts making decisions under the assumption that he's dying

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao jesus christ

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lmao it's in DC

Pissbaby is going to shut down the borders

https://twitter.com/fox5dc/status/1221815166532227073

:yeshaha:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

wtf... please wash your rear end.

i would but i'm relying on my plethora of gross butt germs to help crowd out the coronavirus

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

very on point for the 2020 death virus's genome to end with screaming

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/TaoDaoMan/status/1221952486270889984?s=19

Imagine being treated for an illness in a hospital that was built ten times more hastily than the Sochi Olympic Village

shame it's a stock photo, i want to see the actual building so badly

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

many such cases!!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

triple sulk posted:

why am i not getting coronavirus fast enough

this 14 day incubation period is supposed to be scary or something but it turns out waiting two weeks to begin dying is actually boring as hell

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

man it would suck if this virus made america become racist

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

First week it was growing 50-60% a day, doubling in less than 2. Now it seems to be growing at 30% a day, due to quarantine measures perhaps? That's still not great and indicates a doubling time of 3 days.

Also, look at those suspected cases!

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1222671766012690432

imo you shouldn't look to these stats to determine the doubling rate because it's doubtful they're able to diagnose these cases fast enough to give us the full picture of how much it's spread so far

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Agean90 posted:

has anybody made a "no ethical consumption under capitalism" joke yet

the sonic virus has decreed that we gotta die fast

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

It's been a week and I still haven't shaken this cold. :( More and more people at work are getting sick.

sorry that you are dying op, we have some new permadeath avs in qcs if you want to pick out your forums tombstone

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i really hope no one itt dies or i'm gonna feel super lovely about my callous posting later

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:wow:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Whoops I forgot about time zones. This is at 1:30 EST, not right now.

dammit stop edging me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

hell yeah, part of the fun of a cruise ship is discovering which horrible super contagious disease you're going to catch from everyone else

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it's true, it's doubtful any country's response to this crisis would be as forceful, drastic, and coordinated as china's

which is why poo poo's gonna get real crazy once it has a foothold outside china

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

any goons who donated to notre dame should be banned imo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

I feel strange. Is it Corona?

ianad but if you cough on as many people as you can and see how many get sick, then that data on how contagious it is should help determine which disease you have

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

https://ncov.r6.no/

spreading faster than swine flu with significantly higher mortality

this isnt good

lol is this seriously only day 19

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol there's someone being tested for coronavirus only a few blocks from me

licking all the door knobs rn

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it's okay China, the US is full of dumb motherfuckers who don't think anything bad will ever happen to them, so we're going to get a sizable chunk of americans who ignore warnings like this and help spread it to the US

you won't be alone in this :glomp:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

this thread, like many others in this subforum, is this tweet given life

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/746803108949409793?s=20

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the idea that a government would actually provide necessities is blowing my mind here

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i would like the virus stopped as i live a few blocks away from three different hospitals right in the middle of a major US city and i would my family to not die

but otoh i cannot help but lol at how hosed everything is

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Raiad posted:

have we gotten new word about the ages of the people who have died from the virus, and is it still apparently designed to murder all the boomers

iirc it's been mostly older people, but anyone with a weak or compromised immune system is obviously at risk

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

But I only have $80, and I need it for weed :(

please spend it on some good quality poo poo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

vyelkin posted:

imagine the US trying to build two hospitals in two weeks, imagine someone even suggesting that as a thing the government could do in the us

someone would sue them to say the united states government doesnt have the authority to build hospitals and construction would be halted while a five-year appeals process worked its way to the supreme court which in a 5-4 decision would rule that healthcare can only be done by homeopaths

nah we'd rubberstamp that poo poo and then let private contractors take over and cut corners so they can make off with billions in profits after constructing a few unusable buildings with major structural flaws

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Idia posted:

A lot of Asian countries have historically hated their own minority Chinese population so this just feeds the fire.

well yeah, human societies in general tend to hate their own minority populations

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i don't know how we're going to bounce back from trillions of people getting infected tbh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

uh

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

triple sulk posted:

can i have my aaaaaa aaa creation as one i think it's very good

if the dimensions weren't so problematic i'd have stolen it for my av shortly after you posted it

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ppj should not be buying people avs imo

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that's pretty hosed up but also lol that ain't gonna hold

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

really envy that landscape though, forested hills make me feel at peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

does the US have legal right to hold people against their will for quarantines?

"legal right" loving :lol::lol::lol: