Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Schnorkles posted:

treatment for viral pneumonia isn't something that works with any sort of certainty, especially if you have an already compromised immune system.

i mean, CAP has about a 3% mortality rate in non-hospitalized populations, closer to 6-10% in hospital settings and it just climbs from there. If you need "all rescue measures," your survival rate is no better than 50%.

I had viral pneumonia as a healthy 14 year old and I went from 110lbs to 90lbs and I literally don't remember those 2 weeks of my life. I wasn't hospitalized but it was all a wheezy exhausting blur. The doctors treated the symptoms where they could but I guess it was mostly a waiting game.
I can't imagine anyone who isn't perfectly healthy dealing with it very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Schnorkles posted:

by my rough math we're all going to be dead by the end of March

gently caress I hope so. Don't tease me.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
It honestly really upsets me that more people in the US don't wear masks when they're sick. I know multiple people who comment about flying while they have had a cold or the flu and there's no way they're masking it up.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Vishass posted:

It doesn't cover everyone, but FMLA exists

FMLA is so mindblowingly useless. All it says if that if you work at a job with 50+ people they can't fire you during the 12 weeks you are using it.

I had to use it recently when I was getting my brain treated and I still had to eat my PTO and then take unpaid time.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Any moist orifice is an infection vector.

Muahahaha

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

MarcusSA posted:

*Insert your mom joke here*

It is nice to see people being proactive about cleaning stuff on the plane that’s for sure.

I’ve never seen it before.

TBH it should be a common practice with how disgusting the tray tables and stuff are.

Passenger shaming instagram account has made me a little more aware that people think it's OK to put their bare feet all over the plane.

I'm not germaphobic at all but I also don't want foot cheese on my food tray so saniwipe it is.

Jk. I'm too busy being really uncomfortable to think about anything else but the back pain from the seat the entire time I'm stuck in the misery tube.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 3, 2020

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
God drat. Some prick who thinks he's too good to wait out quarantine flew into Sea Tac

https://twitter.com/KTVOTV/status/1229978916246425602?s=20

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol that dickwad oregon comedian lost his job with the cruise ship line for breaking quarantine

https://komonews.com/news/local/oregon-man-who-left-coronavirus-cruise-ship-scare-loses-job-with-cruise-line-02-19-2020

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

This is the first gang tag i've ever wanted.

BNO isn't reporting the 50 people dead in iran on its main COVID19 page. I wonder if that means they aren't sure if it was right or not.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Everything is a deep state false flag. EVERYTHING.

Oh is 25# of lima beans for 35$ a good deal?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I thought Trump was in India. Did he really only visit for like 12 hours?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I thought 7 people were dead in milwaukee.

And I thought we had like another 50 people in the US from the diamond princess.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I was considering buying a few lbs of dried black beans off amazon and I left them in my cart for a few hours while I was debating it and they sold out. I refreshed a page I had open with some lima beans too and that is sold out now.

Ho boy. Americans got that bean fever.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
RIP my office.

A guy went on his honeymoon to milan last week. Came back this week on monday coughing with a fever. worked in the office for the day.

I'm really really hoping management told him to go to get tested.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Sick dude in my office only works 1 row behind mine. I'm an IT service desk person who touches everything.

I'm feeling a bit concerned.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

err posted:

Report him to HR

No way narc, i'll die before I talk to management.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
A non internet nerd friend just posted about big bean energy and a picture of beans in Instagram and I don't know how to handle this

Also now my normally always health coworker has a fever and will be out sick today. Yall I think my office is infected from the Milan traveler last week. It's happening.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comments/fayko1/my_covid19_story_brooklyn/

Some guy in brooklyn has all the symptoms and they won't test him.

LOL We can't have any reported cases if we don't test, amirite?!

edit: someone beat me to posting it but I posted the link at least.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

I did the needful on this tweet.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
For US - wouldn't it be reasonable to nationalize a company that could make the test in the US to actually make them at a reasonable price and distribute them asap to hospitals?

I know this is like magical fairy tale world where we don't have a drooling baby man saying TAX CUTS.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Dolphin posted:

the likelihood that an ancient virus locked in permafrost could affect humans is extremely low

I feel like we should do some testing and find out

:getin:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol good news folks. My upper management says the person who went to milan last week just has the regular flu, bro.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

rump buttman posted:

how do they know

I mean, if they are actually legit the guy got tested for the flu and it came up positive. If they are not being legit then we're still doomed.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Looks like Seattle area has two new cases, one from SK travel, and one via community spread??

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Articles/ID/1103/Additional-Cases-of-COVID-19-in-Washington-State

HAHAHA I live almost in shoreline and was in mill creek thursday night with some friends who live there.

And my office is everett - you know, the one where I was saying my coworker who went to Milan ended up sick the week after he came back with a high fever and coughs and came to work?

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 29, 2020

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

BULBASAUR posted:

Sup north Seattle homie

We should come up with a new gang tag that's like quarantine qrew soon

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
So Anytime some dumbfuck gets the measles around here and walks around, the health department lists all the random places they went over the week before the measles presented.

They've never done that with any covid19 patients.

This is all we got from the WA health department about this: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Articles/ID/1103/Additional-Cases-of-COVID-19-in-Washington-State

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Don seems drugged out AF

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
FARMER SUTICAL

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
This weirdo just pronounced oregon super incorrectly and my brain is exploding.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
WHY WOULD WE CLOSE THE SOUTHERN BORDER?!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
This dumb rear end in a top hat just said "its like the cold or flu"

THE COLD AND THE FLU ARE VERY DIFFERENT. One gives you the sniffles and one makes your body feel like its exploding at every cell. Jesus loving christ people already have a hard enough time understanding that they dont get the flu when they get the flu shot and you have this rear end in a top hat up there reinforcing the morons who say "oh i get the flu after I get a flu shot" when really they might get a cold from the waiting room or something.

I used to work for a research center that specifically worked on viral poo poo and they always were having to correct people on this BECAUSE ITS A DANGEROUS MISCONCEPTION.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Funny enough, right when this whole thing was starting to go off a month back I finally got around to doing my earthquake kit stuff.
Water in Seattle is really tasty so I just bought water purification kits instead of bottles of water though. Really don't feel like having 14 gallons of water sitting around.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Kc metro commuter buses are pretty nice. Been riding the 41 and 77 for years and only had an old guy show me his ballsack once. He was wearing tiny soccer shorts and peakin em out.

The local buses are where the pee is at. Who the gently caress cares tho.

Tomorrow should be interesting. Can't wait to maybe learn if my coworkers are all hacking up their lungs. They all live in Everett and surround suburbs lol.
Just loling forever.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Drinkfist posted:

Wait. We can get both at the same time?

I saw a tweet that some poor fucker had covid19 and dengue at the same time and holy gently caress that sounds awful

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Well we do have state level mandated paid sick leave AND FMLA

https://lni.wa.gov/workers-rights/leave/paid-sick-leave/index

https://lni.wa.gov/workers-rights/leave/paid-family-and-medical-leave

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
A coworkers wife probably has coronavirus because her direct coworker was just diagnosed and they worked together tightly.

My coworker was just sent home for mandatory quarantine.

My old office just shut down for mandatory work from home.

shiiiiiiiiiitpisssss

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Fix posted:

New WA stats just got posted.

Total confirmed cases up only 9 over yesterday. Deaths increased by 1.

:raise:

I Saw this and my first comment was "that seems really low"

Because our cases literally doubled yesterday and now only 9 up today? Given that whole care home is probably infected I dont know wtf is taking so long to get their confirmations.

Edit: I work for a boeing supplier and we've layed off 1/3rd of our company in 2 years, mostly due to the MAX. Everyone is appropriately terrified that the whole airline division of my company is going to get lit completely on fire soon.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Sp02 question:

My phone and alot of newer ones claim they can get this number. Like my galaxy S10 says it can I am pretty sure some of the i-devices do to.

Are they accurate at all? I can definitely confirm it gets my pulse right, as i've timed that separately / compared it while I was in the drs office.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Mayor Dave posted:

btw is there anyone i should tag with the super spreaders tag? i've only been checking in periodically and i might have missed something

I would like one. Living in that dangerzonnneeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol guy who's "self quarantining" came to my office a few minutes ago to pick up a laptop from me (im IT) and I tried to stay 6 ft away from him but i'm prolly gonna die in like 3 weeks. RIP.