Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

the center for posting control and meltdown prevention

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
huh I guess it actually is time to buy some water and nonperishables and masks

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
it's definitely still getting worse

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

yo what the gently caress R0 of 4.5-6.5 will be an absolute 100% disaster and lead to millions of deaths

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

snoo posted:

what are considered "early, strong control measures"

astronaut suited flamethrower squads

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

i assume i already have corona-chan inside of me but my strong and powerful posting body with four years of strengthening thanks to TRUMP is keeping me alive

:same:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I keep veering wildly between "the data seems to show that things are getting better" and "the limited eyewitness evidence seems to show that we're hosed" which is very cool

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
If the R0 is anywhere near 3-5 then we should be seeing significant worldwide outbreak clusters in the next week or so right? If the communicable incubation period really is ~ 2 weeks.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Mantis42 posted:

D&D:CSPAM::Warren:Bernie

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1229854204568776707?s=19

apparently things are well under control and everything will be ok?

well that or it's a total sham, lamoeba

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
seems like a lot of new clustering today

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Huh. I'm doing a CDL drug/alcohol test in Ohio and the facility is doing Coronavirus questionnaires for all patients and is pushing masks. Seems pretty early considering the lack of US cases but it's good to see.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
ah geez i log off for 12 hours and things go from Calm & Improving to Crap. my bad guys

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1230881335654436868?s=19

another 1100 reported cases yesterday in Hubei alone. probably nothing

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
big CDC update in 10 minutes apparently

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Judakel posted:

God I am begging you. Crash this economy.

:emptyquote:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Homeless Friend posted:

these new cspam rules own

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1231015859168124928?s=19

China is definitely not getting better

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

cover your eyes! and nose/mouth

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1231025974118174720?s=19

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Rice cookers are a cheap good investment IMO.

yep lmao if you don't have a ride cooker and use it multiple times a week for cheap filling meals

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1231776208087633921?s=19

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Welp

Really glad my wife and I stocked up on supplies over the weekend. N95 masks getting delivered today. Prepare to hunker down, gentlegoons!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm a transmission grid engineer and I will 100% be working even if the entire country is collapsing or boarded up. My wife stays home with our young kids. I'll probably start changing in the garage before/after work, showering right after I get home, and not overlapping my home and work life at all. Thankfully I usually work alone or with a couple electricians at most. It'll be weird if things go the way they're predicting.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you're a hero of labor in my book!

My company and my union haven't said poo poo yet. We went into lockdown for swine flu and I expect similar measures eventually

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Raccooon posted:

What is BNO news? News org that popped up to solely cover the coronavirus?

I dunno where they came from but they've been posting nonstop since the very beginning, before anyone else was, and they're totally legit

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

No, just the linesmen and engineers that keep our ancient infrastructure from collapsing

yo :sadwave:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Also a poo poo ton of that stuff is automated and they can function with a skeleton crew if the only goal is maintaining service.

It's this. If/when poo poo hits the fan, my power transmission company will probably cancel all non-essential work (maintenance, testing, grid modernization, etc) and just man every substation with 1 or 2 guys and just focus on keeping the lights on. I'll be here, shitposting while watching the displays and colored lights.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's really funny going back to late January/early February in this thread and seeing the amount of HOLY FARKING SHITBALLS morons insisting it's just the flu, everyone is overreacting, how dare you question China, a R0 of 5.47 is impossible, a R0 of 3.84 is impossible, a R0 of ...

they are called The Beanless, and they deserve nothing but our pity

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

a smart thing to grab to have an emergeny kit is some beans and rice as they are cheap and can keep forever in the panty

oh hell yes, tell me more :biglips:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i love how the timing is perfect for trump to call the election a farce when he loses

oh, there's a pretty decent chance the DNC ratfucks Bernie and truanp wins 45-48 states lmao

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
the only good thing about this for me

I have a blowhard coworker who looks/acts just like rush limbaugh, listens to his whole show every day, and constantly parrots rush/fox taking points, rocks the maga hat, etc. my whole department hates this fat lazy fucker.

anyway he put in his retirement papers on 1/1, he walks out the door at the end of march, and his 401k is making GBS threads the bed and it's too late to take it back, he has to walk away from the table lmao

last week he was calling it a liberal plot to discredit his president and was a total media sham and today he was stone cold silent

Owns Owns Owns

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

lmao he was still in the market right up to the final day? what a dumbass

once you put in papers, your date is set. if your 401k is down when your date arrives, you can't stick around and hope to bounce back. most guys go super conservative, capital preservation style the last few years. but he believes in this sweet rear end trump economic boom, no way it'll ever end, maga all the way baybeeeeee! keep stacking bills until the end

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Doc Walrus posted:

This seems... really high. Like people didn't die that fast at that scale in China at first, did they?

lmao if you think we have any idea of the real Chinese numbers

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233427840529465345?s=19

"this is more contagious and deadly than the flu and might actually swamp our health care system and economy so we're just going to stick our heads right in the sand ok"

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

err posted:

What the hell is going on in California? Apparently that person who got it from their community is about to die in the hospital.

loving DO SOMETHING!!!!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/924641278947622913?s=20

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Just had a meeting with my company HR, and just like the CDC, they're not concerned unless you recently traveled to one of the big infection countries. It's laughably reactive and doesn't address the initial asymptomatic/communicable period. America doesn't care unless you just came back from China/Korea/Italy and you're coughing up a lung.

We're 100% Boned

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

lmao the fundamentals have sucked rear end since the 20th century you liar

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

This is the last weekend of normalcy we get for a while. Enjoy it!

:emptyquote:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

He's infected.

oh god that would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
america is completely unprepared, the health care system is shoestrings and prayers, and our big wet president is on stage doing his very best jeb impression

we're 1000% hosed and lmao if u don't see it by now, buckle up for some Wild poo poo