Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The Epoch Times, which is run by the same cult that runs Shen Yun, is one of the main outlets promoting the idea that China is covering up the extent of the outbreak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Pence is going to tell the nation that LGBTQ people who catch coronavirus can't be cured

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Shen Yun performances are pretty safe, it's not like Falun Gong members are traveling in or from China much

they are victims of sinophobia that they've helped flame

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Three Olives posted:

So we are putting the guy who is broadly considered to have been directly responsible for causing HIV outbreak because Jesus in charge. Cool, cool.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

It's gonna end eventually folks

everything ends folks

prepare for it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"There's no reason to panic"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Trump now quoting that tens of thousands of people die from the flu every year anyway, so we're used to this sort of thing.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

the CDC called for beard-havers to shave and i'd rather die

we need to implement a beard shavings for beans program to incentive shaving

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

poty posted:

sure the virus is bad but on the other hand it gave us this press conf which is good so

it's like the trolley problem. would you sacrifice 69,000 people to make this press conference possible.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm more confident in how the US will tackle the virus after that press conference

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

what are the chances someone at CPAC has it and is infectious

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Sheriffs are gonna be dispatched in full hazmat suits to evict people lol

the chud sheriffs are going to infect themselves evicting people who "just have the flu"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Zotix posted:

Can anyone link the iranian snatched by nurses again?

there was this Georgian video
https://twitter.com/peterliakhov/status/1232935546072293376?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm going to exactly copy the forsythia scam Jude Law's character did in Contagion during this pandemic and am looking to recruit some influencers to help me out with it.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

im worried cspam posters might start smoking

non-smokers are allowed to post already?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this has probably been posted but I want to bless a new page with it
https://twitter.com/Kokomothegreat/status/1233431010366410752?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

i cannot wait for trump to openly defy travel bans set by other nations

Seal Team 6 comes down with the Wuhan Flu after liberating a bunch of boomers stuck on an Mediterranean cruise ship under quarantine.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I love how the US has done everything it can to make this pandemic possible

https://twitter.com/matthew_petti/status/1233442358408228865?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

What percentage of jobs in the US are even possible to work from home? Like you need workers on site for the service sector, healthcare, and industrial work.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I've personally never had a job where working from home is even possible.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1233473979400282113?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

twoday posted:

I definitely have some kind of bug that has been really messing with my guts for the last few days and it's getting to the point where I would consider going to a doctor about it, but the discovery earlier today of a hospital worker with the virus a couple of miles from here is discouraging me from visiting any medical offices in the near future

pick up some cigarettes and start smoking

Bullfrog posted:

currently a slapfight on my fb feed between tankies who are saying being concerned about the virus is "liberalism" and "colonialism" and others who say they're being ableist.

It's not just the boomers who are doomed

true tankies thank the Chinese Communist Party and all Chinese people who put their lives on the line to battle this disease and provide the rest of the world time to prepare

which everyone outside China ignored but still

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

North Korea is at least well positioned to deal with a global supply chain collapse

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stereotype posted:

Going back to WWZ (book) references, Cuba emerged as the new superpower because they were a self-sufficient island with a population that was used to communal effort.

They never figured out if NK was okay. The whole population moved underground and became mole people.

Also the US government relocated to Hawaii which would probably provide a boost to the value of my house!

In WWZ the gusanos return to the island and take power though

their new small businesses provide jobs for all cubans and refugees that can make it to the island

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

sincx posted:

Tag yourself

I'm the undiluted bleach next to the garden sprayer

that's how you deliver the miracle mineral solution to as many people as possible

i'm the eight roles of toilet paper btw

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1233547011435171846

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

This is urgent... Is the coronavirus sexually transmitted?

just make sure to use protection

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

yeah they did a good job and were really informative. Got more seemingly honest info from that than anything else. A lot of "we don't really know right now" kind of stuff it felt like a good press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k&t=13s

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1233721377447915520

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

redsniper posted:

Slavs are immune.

only one of these can be true, because, as we all know, slavs are the most asiatic of the europeans

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Luckyellow posted:

Actually I wonder why this is leaving all the children alone. Like what could be the biological mechanism at work here?

original sin isn't real and our innocent youth are being spared by our just but strict God

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

My cousin-in-law's daughter was in the same class as that high school kid in Washington that tested positive.

condolences to you and your family

have you decided who will inherit your beans?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Fox News is interviewing an infected person who has a normal, mild case. They seem mostly concerned with who is going to pay for all this.

silicone thrills posted:

HAHAHA I live almost in shoreline and was in mill creek thursday night with some friends who live there.

And my office is everett - you know, the one where I was saying my coworker who went to Milan ended up sick the week after he came back with a high fever and coughs and came to work?

congrats on knowing the super spreader

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Trump's coronavirus presser is 14 minutes late now lol

this is sort of normal for him when it comes to press conferences. it'd be weirder if he was on time honestly.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

we've got benzo donny today

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

trump promising to personally infect taliban leaders with COVID seems like it will endanger the peace treaty

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

donald is gaining energy by talking about killing people in Afghanistan

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol ending the gloating about the Afghan peace deal by promising to reinvade

Woodchip posted:

the taliban will be killing terrorists...wha?

the Taliban is fighting ISIS for control of parts of Afghanistan

our Gulf allies/CIA may have been the ones who started ISIS in Afghanistan in the first place too

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Splicer posted:

Trump seems to have confused coronovirus and isis

Did someone tell him to talk about the virus and he misheard?

coronavISIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

glad to hear the US is still doing the most in the world to prevent a pandemic