Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Nice, good luck, have fun, stay healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Please goons, do not go to Wuhan right now, seems dangerous

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

My spurs jangle as I quake in my cowboy boots, scared silly at the thought of an oriental fish disease sterilising my cock and bulls, and the hogs too

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

reports coming in that the virus can spread through "electronic posts" on the internet

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Viral genome has been sequenced

code:
    1 attaaaggtt tataccttcc caggtaacaa accaaccaac tttcgatctc ttgtagatct
   61 gttctctaaa cgaactttaa aatctgtgtg gctgtcactc ggctgcatgc ttagtgcact
  121 cacgcagtat aattaataac taattactgt cgttgacagg acacgagtaa ctcgtctatc
29761 acagtgaaca atgctaggga gagctgccta tatggaagag ccctaatgtg taaaattaat
29821 tttagtagtg ctatccccat gtgattttaa tagcttctta ggagaatgac aaaaaaaaaa
29881 aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaa
https://bioinformatics.stackexchange.com/questions/11227/why-does-the-wuhan-coronavirus-genome-end-in-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/

its worse than i expected. oh my god

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

thats okay. its fine

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

How many US infections before the pres tweets about bioweapons

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

pancake rabbit posted:

gdi i posted this in the gbs thread by accident

https://twitter.com/KAPPKVEW/status/1223706334710968320

cannolivirus

nice, i dont like boston

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Reports coming in that wuflu is killing every single person who makes a racist post in a China thread

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

i hope this is a big learning experience for anyone who believed the US response would be better than China's

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The Skeleton King posted:

What does the virus even do? Since everyone on earth is guaranteed to be exposed sooner or later, how much should I care when it finally spreads to me?

All I’ve read just says it’s just the flu but with a different name. So I’m guessing unless you’re 60 or older or have a bad immune system, it’s mostly an inconvenience and not a threat to your life? Would I even need to go to a hospital? If yes then the debt will be far worse than the virus.

you get all coughy and fevery and you stay home for a while because the cost of seeking treatment seems like a bigger threat to your life. you probably survive

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

gently caress. i cant believe it. this is worse than 9/11

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

false. why would the chinese develop a biosuperweapon that targets chinese lungs? think, bill

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

reports coming in that the virus is targeting the "enemies of freedom"? any proof of this?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Mackers posted:

yeah it's great that news outlets are reporting "official government figures" instead of y'know

thinking

"huh if that many people went to the doctor there must be a gently caressload more"

like especially in the US where people cant go to a doctor lol

pointing out that our broken healthcare system is helping the virus spread and killing people would help prove bernie's case for m4a, a no-no

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Rectal Death Adept posted:

crying about bat jokes 100% caused the bat jokes, so maybe it is you who is the racist

makes you think

you should start smoking cigarettes, i hear it helps keep the virus away

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

my president has a fever?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

if the presidents coughs im going to "cum"

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

this is elder abuse

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Are there any cool at home DIY corona tests I can do or do I just wait for signs of neurological damage?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Blockade posted:

So what does your average American think this is exactly? Grocery stores sold out of toilet paper but still have plenty of soap

A toilet paper shortage

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

snoo posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THE GOVERNMENT DOING WHYYYYYY

pretending nothing is wrong is good for the Economy

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

expect nothing less from this psychotic citadel of capitalism we call the "the united states"

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

one thing to look forward to is the clearer, more beautiful skin we will proudly wear on our faces when its all over

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

D1E posted:

This actually perfectly describes the feeling. I traveled on company business last week and flew throw two international airports, multiple flights, and hours-long layovers. Last night I had a sore throat, and this morning I have the weirdest feeling in my upper chest and dry coughing. Barely a fever at all and no difficulty breathing but I'm actually not obese (at least not by goon standards). I called the city health department and they told me to stop being a pussy until I can't breathe on my own and refused to test me.

Do I have COVID-19? For once in my life I'm being loving serious.

idk, ive been coughing all week but theres no way to find out lol

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

D1E posted:

Can I admit that I'm curious what everyone's gonna be posting on Instagram in like three weeks?

clips of me farting on subway cops

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

lord G*d really made this one special huh

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

if theres one thing that should brighten you up, its imagining the extended terror currently felt by our president, a notorious germophobe

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Negostrike posted:

This is gonna be the biggest population bottleneck since the Toba supereruption that happened some 70 thousand years ago right

no but your nana and peepaw might not make it

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

you are now entering CORONAWORLD

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Rip Testes posted:

So Trump is giving a national address tonight. What's the usual sniff count so as to detect an uptick tonight?

idk but if my president coughs on TV im going to cum

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

D1E posted:

Nerd goon alert!

quick cough on him

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

He'll sure look the fool when the president's lungs melt

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Seems like the US is handling this well

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

drat I should've gotten groceries before Society collapsed

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

can we push this back a week? animal crossing isnt out yet

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

hes talking about our president

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Dolphin posted:

so is ohio just the butthole of america as usual or does 1% of america have this right now

its absolutely everywhere at this point, we now live in whats called a "plagueworld"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Lpzie posted:

how hosed do things need to get before the internet is gone.

please dont be afraid of society collapsing lol