Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

He always sounds like a grade schooler giving a book report that he did zero preparation for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Lol, Trump's gonna fire this guy.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Jamsta posted:

Linus Tech Tits is trying to get everyone to panic buy a PC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPoPwrQwm_g

I follow a lot of nerd computer tech channels on Youtube so I got recommended one of his videos. I watched part of that one video I was recommended and instantly hated this guy and I hope he dies in a fire.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

BULBASAUR posted:

no assemblies in schools, limited school closures

Lol, no assemblies in schools. Such serious measures.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

This is the worst posse cut ever.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Am I doing this right, guys?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I've got plenty of other food to make actual meals incorporating the beans, rice, lentils, etc. I was just bean posting in the spirit of this thread.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

i can't afford to self-quarantine atm, and i'd get fired if i did

Love to self-quarantine rear end to mouth.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I've stocked my freezer with like 15 lbs of hominy just in case I have to do like the Aztecs and resort to human sacrifices.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Crusader posted:

getting really high and watching contagion for the first time

Same here except I'm stone cold sober and this is wild as gently caress.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

pigz posted:

Oh I don't disagree, but it's still going to take time to spread everywhere and the disease to play out. Local mitigation strategies and resource allocation will speed/slow this down to different rates for different places. Which means this will take longer as cities reinfect each other until either immunity or mitigation are widespread.

So yeah it's gonna be way longer than 8 weeks.

Kind of make's you wonder what thing they may be privy to that will happen after 5 days.

Probably the last day of classes before spring break.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Can you imagine being the dude that has to mop up after a night on a sex cruise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnvjJpqikGw

<----Oh poo poo, looks like I've got the bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwkUPrFT4I

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Agronox posted:

shaved my bears, really no huge loss i guess

Is there a term for dudes who would be bears except they're hairless?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I was listening to an episode of The F Plus podcast from like 8 years ago and Corona Virus was mentioned in passing. It took me a minute to rationalize it and tell myself that I'm not going insane/this isn't all just a simulation.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Yeah, I saw that earlier in thread. That guy's just some rando, right? That makes it even funnier than if he was somebody.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Coronavirus is the category of disease, its the same category as MERS and SARS. COVID-19 is the name of the actual disease. Its not a flu at all scientifically speaking, with the only two major similarites being that it attacks the lungs and is highly contagious.

Oh yeah, I know that. It still took me a second though because it was really jarring.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

I'm loving lost here - why are we not assembling a team to cut these bunkers open and steal the gold bars, cash, and illegal weapons that these paranoid rich people intended to entomb with

Like seriously just rent a helicopter and use a plasma torch on the door or a jack hammer on the top

Do you really think they'd make a bug out hole without gold, gemstones, drugs, money, and weapons

I'm excuse me but I saw the movie Richie Rich so I know that the most valuable thing to rich people is sentimental family memories. :rolleyes:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

So sad to hear about Otm Shank.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I live in Oregon, just south of Salem and my neighbor just told me the local Wal-Mart is completely out of toilet paper. Normalcy bias cracking.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

euphronius posted:

im in Disney world atm lmao

did they give you the keys and tell you to lock up and turn the lights off when you're done?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Unperson_47 posted:

the thing is, they aren't preppers. They are just couponers who like to brag about their haul, how much they saved, and how much grief they give to the poor cashier

preppers would not post info that allows their stash to be found and would also post their armory of guns

Couponers are the loving worst. For every decent, organized, courteous one, there's like a hundred whose "couponing" technique pretty much amounts to shoving a bunch of dodgy, photocopied coupons onto a cashier and hoping they don't notice that nothing matches the terms and then when met with resistance, they make a huge scene until the manager just lets them have it to get them out of the store as quickly as possible.

I'm cheap and stingy as gently caress but seriously, gently caress couponers.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I'm hearing good things about forsythia. c/d?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Fasdar posted:

This is a pretty common thing, actually. When you spend your life looking for threats that aren't there, it is surprisingly calming to finally have a real threat at hand. There is a name for this effect, but I can't remember it right now.

Yeah, I've read the same thing and I experience it as well. I'm a huge ball of anxiety over every day things that really aren't that big of a deal but extremely calm in a crisis.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

went to the old food universe today. long lines but plenty of everything. i think theres gonna be plenty of fresh food through the duration at these sorts of stores where rich people dare not go and the aisles are too small for hoarder carts.
non perishables may get bought up but nobody in america eats a vegetable.

I shop at a really low rent discount grocery store and was able to stock up on toilet paper today no problem while the bigger stores completely ran out. Being a cheap poor finally paid off for once.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

twoday posted:

I really want to be able to make pancakes post apocalypse

Does anyone have any ideas for how to have eggs, besides getting a chicken that my cats will immediately slaughter

Chickens are mean as poo poo, dude. When my mom had chickens, her mouser/barn cats were terrified of them.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Well, trump IS about to speak so...

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

snoo posted:

how drive thru testing supposed to work if i don't have a car

You're poor so you die.

:capitalism:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Trump's handlers delaying him until 4pm so he can't gently caress up the market with his brainworms speech.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Dow is tanking.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

MoaM posted:

In case anyone need reminding the Dow Jones went up.

well yeah, because they just gave corporations a bunch of money

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Me using Trump's Coronavirus website like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXzJR7K0wK0

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Solarin posted:

why the gently caress are caregivers paid 2/3, and why the gently caress is the sick leave conditionally for corona only? loving dumbest poo poo

If you don't test anyone then you don't have to pay anyone, duh.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Pro-tip: public drinking fountains are basically just bidets if you're physically coordinated enough.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

NofrikinfuN posted:

we have a drinking fountain at work that hits the ceiling tiles if you push the button all the way down

PM me.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I'm in the tourism industry and was just given 0 hours for the next week because of all the cancellations so I'm now directly incentiveized to catch Coronavirus. Anyone got a doorknob to lick?

PM me.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

This year's :gooncamp: gonna be lit af.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Found this deep cut in my food stash just now.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Marx Headroom posted:

yeah but its unlimited flavor. once its open our flavor problems are over. its like a bean sampo.

Now I'm imagining a version of Willy Wonka where instead of candy, it's all beans.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Agronox posted:

uh, what’s the expiration date on those bad boys

Beans are like wine, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

facetoucher cat posted:

I know personally those 1000 Island dressing are about $1.99 because I bought one also in this person's defense I made several runs to the store because a single grocery cart only holds so much. You gotta big family or a child who will only eat "X" because of food issues you're buying all the strange things you can

I'm a bargain hunter and have bought large amounts of random poo poo because they got marked down to like 12 for $1. That said, that looks like a regular grocery store and I usually only see those kind of deals in really low rent liquidation type stores.