Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bees
I heard you're having another big Superbowl party. That's great. I'll get there early and bring my bassoon. I've been working on a halftime show and can't wait to play it for an audience. It incorporates the dance routines they'll have on the screen. I'll have to improv the dance but I've been practicing. I'll need a four by four section cleared out in front of television. See you then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

thank you finally my my other halftime bassoonist dropped out and my mother in law will never let me hear the end of it if my superbowl party does not have a bassoon player.

do you have any food allergies and or audio visual hookup requirements. we have a pa system and mic ready but our fog machine is out of fog machine food and i can't read so i've been having trouble getting more.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

Bring Your Own Bassoon

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Heather Papps posted:

thank you finally my my other halftime bassoonist dropped out and my mother in law will never let me hear the end of it if my superbowl party does not have a bassoon player.

do you have any food allergies and or audio visual hookup requirements. we have a pa system and mic ready but our fog machine is out of fog machine food and i can't read so i've been having trouble getting more.

FluffieDuckie

I can bring the fireworks. I know it’s tradition to set off fireworks if the hometown team wins but my fireworks show is pretty special.

(It’s indoors)

So maybe we need more than a four by four space

Idk i haven’t tried this yet.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Escape From Noise

FluffieDuckie posted:

I can bring the fireworks. I know it’s tradition to set off fireworks if the hometown team wins but my fireworks show is pretty special.

(It’s indoors)

So maybe we need more than a four by four space

Idk i haven’t tried this yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eC35LoF4U

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

showing up to the superbowl party with a comically oversized weed pipe, realizing my mistake and trying to share it with the football crew anyways

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

the bassoon recital is, for me, the highlight of the party

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Escape From Noise

Here ta cheer on da Big Blue Wreckin' Crew! Go New York Football Giants! I will shout this repeatedly in support of any and all wind instrument performances.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

alnilam

Playing doofus music whenever the bad guys team has the ball

alnilam

Bringing by mute and trumpet to play sad "wah wah wahhhh" when the good guys team lose the ball

City of Glompton

brought a baboon by mistake and he ate all the nachos, sorry!

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

It's ok I'm bringing Mike, he can vape mad clouds brah, and he once hosed a bassoon, so..

FluffieDuckie

City of Glompton posted:

brought a baboon by mistake and he ate all the nachos, sorry!

:argh:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Heather Papps

hello friend

so.... don't bring my oboe?

biosterous

showing up late, with a piccolo, and desperately trying to hide it before anyone notices

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

showing up late, with a piccolo, and desperately trying to hide it before anyone notices

this guy brought a dbz figurine! get him!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Op sitting on the back of the couch with all the cool kids sitting around listening to that sweet sweet bassoon music

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Me and the boys will be over playing some of that old school music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVSBxu14gdg

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

ferroque

Finger Prince

Oh man that reminds me of the time I was in the Washington philharmonic and we were supposed to play a concert in Tehran. Of course we couldn't, because of the embargoes, so we just said we were the Tel Aviv philharmonic played the concert anyway! It would have all been fine, and we would have got away with it, but Oliver, our stupid second chair contra-bassoon, secretly recorded it and sold bootlegs so he could buy instruments to send to this local orchestra he was setting up in Nicaragua. Oh boy a lot of people got fired after that one! Of course our music director avoided any blame by saying he knew nothing about it, but he knew.

ferroque

Finger Prince posted:

Oh man that reminds me of the time I was in the Washington philharmonic and we were supposed to play a concert in Tehran. Of course we couldn't, because of the embargoes, so we just said we were the Tel Aviv philharmonic played the concert anyway! It would have all been fine, and we would have got away with it, but Oliver, our stupid second chair contra-bassoon, secretly recorded it and sold bootlegs so he could buy instruments to send to this local orchestra he was setting up in Nicaragua. Oh boy a lot of people got fired after that one! Of course our music director avoided any blame by saying he knew nothing about it, but he knew.

As somebody who has been playing in orchestras for over a decade: all bassoonists are dweebs

cda

by Hand Knit
Don't worry, I promise not to interrupt any of the commercials with my bassoon, just the halftime show and the game.

TOOT BOOT

what if you played a bassoon in a barroom on barsoom

Escape From Noise

Sorry, OP but you'll have to work this out with the four piece jazz combo. They confirmed before you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

*Scrapes the B off your Bassoon*

Now everyone at the Super B powwow will point and laugh at this Assoon

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
diplo, skrillex, the marshmellow guy, and both daft punks hangin out in the eaves, cackling like harpies, waiting for someone to drop the bass(oon)

crimes

King of Bees

Bet he's prepping for the Superbowl too!

Escape From Noise

Oboe you didn't!:nyd:

FutonForensic

im bringing reeds to the party. great if any woodwinds need a replacement, and they double as a nice crunchy chip for any dips

The X-man cometh

alnilam posted:

Playing doofus music whenever the bad guys team has the ball

Yakety Sax sounds great on a bassoon.

wearing a lampshade

Going to the Superbowl party that my friends all invited me to hoping that I wouldn't bring my bassoon, but I did

Heather Papps

hello friend

albany academy posted:

Going to the Superbowl party that my friends all invited me to hoping that I wouldn't bring my bassoon, but I did

"i mean it is better then the year they brought the babboon. that thing did not like princes halftime performance."

cda

by Hand Knit

albany academy posted:

Being very clear, in advance, that where I go, my bassoon goes

Heather Papps

hello friend

love me, love my bassoon, bassoon case, wax, oils, replacement hoses and extra reeds.

cda

by Hand Knit

Heather Papps posted:

love me, love my bassoon, bassoon case, wax, oils, replacement hoses and extra reeds.

Heather Papps

hello friend

sweetie, i know you love him, i understand. but we are, and have been since the first of our ancestors made himself a name, a WIND INSTRUMENT FAMILY.
i will not allow you to.... I FORBID YOU FROM running around with that.... ug... percussionist

think of what our family would say at the superbowl party? grandma would have a heart attack and die.

google THIS

"But what if you discover at some point that you really, desperately need a bassoon at your party?"

"That's only happened like twice."

Yinlock

what are you doing, don't talk to him

yes i know he's doing bassoon maintenance in the middle of the floor, he's trying to get someone to ask about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
this thread owns :five: