Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

https://www.shadizitoon.com
Hi, I’m Shadi Zitoon and I’m running for Texas Senate District 12. I’m a native North Texan, in my day job I'm a quality analyst, and I’m also a long-time SA member.

I am fighting for:

Expanding Medicaid
    Ensuring funding to Planned Parenthood
    Increasing teacher pay
    Universal Pre-K
    Legalizing medical/ recreational marijuana and using the taxes to fund our schools

I am in a primary battle and need all the support I can get for March 3rd. We can always use donations and volunteers. The main thing, especially in this area, is getting people out to vote. If I can get them to go vote and they know who I am, we will win.

Donate Now!

My Website

My Facebook

P.S. I have also been recommended by The Dallas Morning News!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
idk seems pretty shady to me

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
This is a real campaign and the OP has permission to post it. Best of luck to him.

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

Sampatrick posted:

idk seems pretty shady to me

If you are in the area I'd be happy for you to come out to an event I am at and meet me.

I am hosting a Conversation with the Candidate Feb 18th at Heim BBQ in Fort Worth.

I am also going to include a picture of my nice gerrymandered district here so people can see if they live in it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
oh gently caress, heim? hell yeah

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
You don't quite make it to me, but best of luck!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Shadi Zitoon posted:

If you are in the area I'd be happy for you to come out to an event I am at and meet me.

I am hosting a Conversation with the Candidate Feb 18th at Heim BBQ in Fort Worth.

I am also going to include a picture of my nice gerrymandered district here so people can see if they live in it.

Compared to some other American districts, this looks kinda reasonable.
Best of luck to you!

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I'm posting this part of the Dallas Morning News endorsement because everybody needs to see this:

quote:

We don’t know where his opponent, Daniels, stands on the issues because he didn’t attend our interview, hasn’t completed a questionnaire and didn’t respond to a request for information.

He is a former president of the Arlington Heights Neighborhood Association in Fort Worth who records show was sentenced to three years in prison in 2000 for bank fraud and money laundering.

He made news back then for gaining permission to turn his 3,431-square-foot historic Jenkins-Daniels House into a bed-and-breakfast.

Zitoon is a better choice.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
What's up dude, you're actually running in my district! Best of luck to you - my part of Carrollton is pretty heavily Democrat judging from my experience working the polls in the 2018 election.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good luck with your campaign, goon!

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

Kunabomber posted:

What's up dude, you're actually running in my district! Best of luck to you - my part of Carrollton is pretty heavily Democrat judging from my experience working the polls in the 2018 election.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Good luck with your campaign, goon!

Come volunteer, we can use all the help we can get, or make sure you are helping out one of the other campaigns in the area.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I met Shadi at a MLK march and that's when I became a Zitoon Goon

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Shadi Zitoon posted:

I'm actually out nearby Austin but good luck man, hope you win! I was just trying to make a quick and dirty pun.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Has anyone called you shadi zigoon yet?

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
I’m about 3 miles outside of your district, but best of luck!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

beefart posted:

I’m about 3 miles outside of your district, but best of luck!
if you live 3 miles outside of his district and have a king diamond av you might literally be king diamond

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I met Shadi at a MLK march and that's when I became a Zitoon Goon

We need more Zitoon Goons, everyone should become one!

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Has anyone called you shadi zigoon yet?

You get to be the first.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I don’t know that I can trust a rereg with stupid newbie avatar.
What kind of rapsheet are you hiding?

(Good luck!)

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Did you have infrastructure for remote phone banking? I live in Virginia but I might have some time to help you out with phone banking.

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

friendbot2000 posted:

Did you have infrastructure for remote phone banking? I live in Virginia but I might have some time to help you out with phone banking.

I do not yet. I am working on getting it set up but I doubt it will be done before the primary.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I wanted to learn more about Mr. Bank-Fraud-And-Money-Launderer, and saw this happened a few hours ago:

State Democratic party officials have determined that Randy Daniels is ineligible to run for the party's nomination to Texas Senate District 12.

So congrats on your primary victory!

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shadi Zitoon posted:

I do not yet. I am working on getting it set up but I doubt it will be done before the primary.

Well good news on your primary win because that PoS cant run! If you get that infrastructure set up, send me a PM and I will phone bank as much as I can for you!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gave you a 20, good luck goon.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Shadi Zitoon posted:

i'm in an adjacent district so i can't vote for you :smith: might stop by for bbq tho

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

friendbot2000 posted:

Well good news on your primary win because that PoS cant run! If you get that infrastructure set up, send me a PM and I will phone bank as much as I can for you!

Will do.

GoutPatrol posted:

Gave you a 20, good luck goon.

Thank you!

Finicums Wake posted:

i'm in an adjacent district so i can't vote for you :smith: might stop by for bbq tho

You should come, I think we will have a good group of people there.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Gah, I'm kicking myself because I completely forgot about your BBQ thing this past Tuesday :( Ahh well, while Iill vote for you in the primary, I'm planning to move later this year to somewhere along the 75 corridor, depending on prices and dart availability, well outside 12.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

:captainpop:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 4, 2020

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Well this makes me happy, I feel like my money went to something bigger.

edit: and I'll give in another 20 bucks

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

GoutPatrol posted:

Well this makes me happy, I feel like my money went to something bigger.

edit: and I'll give in another 20 bucks

Thank you!

I'm happy with the results. I'm going to take a couple of days to recharge, then we start working towards November.

I think having the primary was a good thing overall. I learned a lot of things that I can do better for the general.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Congrats! Maybe I'll be able to come out to some events, or maybe see you doorknocking. I usually look out for DCDP events. Sent a few bucks your way.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Let me know if you get any phone banking infrastructure set up friend. I will see who I can get to phone bank for ya including myself.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
So is this is in "D = Doomed" Texas, or actually winnable Texas?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Cicero posted:

Nothing is doomed friend. 10-15 years ago if you asked anyone what virginia would look like it would be "GOP hellscape". Now look at it.

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

Kunabomber posted:

Congrats! Maybe I'll be able to come out to some events, or maybe see you doorknocking. I usually look out for DCDP events. Sent a few bucks your way.

Thanks! If you are active I'm sure I will see you out there.

friendbot2000 posted:

Let me know if you get any phone banking infrastructure set up friend. I will see who I can get to phone bank for ya including myself.

I will definitely let you know.

Cicero posted:

Denton and Tarrant County both had more Democrats vote in the primary than Republicans. Of course, my district is gerrymandered as hell so there were a couple of % more Republicans in my district, but not a big enough number that I think we can't overcome it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Congrats!! OMG GOOD LUCK! SO HAPPY FOR YOU MAN! Do some good!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Cicero posted:

I'm in shadis district.

Michelle Beckley, my state house rep, defeated Ron Simmons in 2018. Ron Simmons is the author of the bathroom bill.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Whoa cool! Congrats, Shadi!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wow. Congrats man. Do us proud.

Shadi Zitoon
Jan 25, 2020

Thanks, y'all!

Kunabomber posted:

I'm in shadis district.

Michelle Beckley, my state house rep, defeated Ron Simmons in 2018. Ron Simmons is the author of the bathroom bill.

I'll add that her entire district is inside my district. People are ready for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Granted, Michelle is more on the moderate side, but she shot her shot and got that bastard out and I have to respect her for that.