Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Super Bowl?
This poll is closed.
Kansas City Chiefs 65 0.71%
San Francisco 49ers 42 0.46%
Goku 9016 98.52%
Lamar is the MVP 28 0.31%
Total: 9151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Better Than You posted:

The Denver suburbs, b*tch

Denver would be exactly KC with worse food if it weren’t for plate tectonics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

N: https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/27/kareem-hunt-speeding-arrest-marijuana-body-dash-cam-video/

V: not optimal

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mega64 posted:

I predict 49ers will control the Super Bowl to their ultimate victory (though the Chiefs will make it a decent game to the end), then Mahomes and Reid will never get past the AFCCG again in their careers (though Mahomes will probably have another MVP season at some point).

Here's the problem: it's just Mahomes' second season and already the Chiefs dominate the division and win on the road. When you dominate your division and routinely have a first round bye in the playoffs the Patriots have demonstrated what happens in the playoffs as long as you have the QB to win big games.

quote:

- The Chiefs won 12 games in 2019 for the second-straight season, marking the first time in franchise history that Kansas City tallied consecutive 12-win campaigns.

- Kansas City swept the AFC West for the second time under Head Coach Andy Reid and for the third time in franchise history. The Chiefs are 27-3 against divisional opponents since 2015, which is the best five-year stretch for any team versus their own division since the AFL-NFL merger.

- The Chiefs won a fourth-straight AFC West title in 2019, extending what was already the longest streak of division championships in franchise history. Kansas City has made the playoffs in six of seven seasons under Reid, and as of next weekend, the Chiefs will compete in the Divisional Round for the fourth time in the last five seasons.

- The Chiefs went 7-1 on the road in 2019, winning at least seven road games for only the second time in franchise history (1966).

- Kansas City ended the regular season on a six-game winning streak, which is tied for the second-longest winning streak to end a season in franchise history. Since Week 11, the Chiefs have allowed the fewest points-per-game (11.5) in the NFL.

- The Chiefs posted the best third-down conversion rate (47.6%) in the NFL this season.

- Kansas City's 177 second-quarter points this season were a franchise record.

- The Chiefs held the opposition to just three points in back-to-back contests from Week 15-16, marking the first such occurrence in franchise history since 1990.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Better Than You posted:

Broncos are beating the Chiefs at least once next season and it will happen at Arrowhead

Wouldn't be surprised at all.

But Rivers leaving isn't a step in the right direction to this kind of thing happening often enough. Maybe Herbert is more than Josh Allen? I mean I doubt it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When Mahomes gets paid what happened to the Seahawks will happen to the Chiefs. They’ll perennially be a top team with a QB that will always have them in it but there will be massive holes that have to be patched over with string and gum.

Not really. He'll get his contract right before the new CBA and then add the gambling factor to the mix and I really don't see the cap becoming a problem.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

"We don't need pocket passers anymore" is a loving fad.

Lamar Jackson was the highest rated pocket passer per PFF in 2019.

Last year it was Mahomes.

The fad is thinking a pocket passer needs to be a statue.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well now I need to know if he's on the Jacksonville side or the Tallahassee side because I feel like we're talking about two distinct kinds of rednecks here

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

D-LINK posted:

Denver has a large hispanic population. Fact.

He's saying bringing Denver Mexican Food Knife to a San Diego Mexican Food Shootout is a lol okay

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So near Panama then. Lots of florida fishin rats that look and sound like Les Claypool.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the mean lunch lady posted:

Boulevard Tank 7 is the one everyone raves about.

The real answer is this on a hot summer's day

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/01/28/7-7-magnitude-off-coast-of-jamaica-shakes-buildings-in-miami/

GET MAHOMES TO HIGH GROUND YOU FOOLS

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm living in a dream world where everybody is discussing the Chiefs on Jan 28 and Free State in the Super Bowl thread.

I feel like I may have spent half of everything I earned for six years at Free State. Still miss that porch and it is weird to see some familiar faces still hanging out there when I visit.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Posting barstool should be probatable

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry I may just be in a bad mood or getting old but his schtick seems painfully unfunny lately

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/TedyBruschi/status/1223033927679516673

CTE joke

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PETA gets ripped way too much but that commercial is atrocious.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Miami had a pretty bad team other than Marino and his two wide receivers. Marino also had a bunch of interceptions during the year and in the SB threw for one TD and two interceptions. What's the likelihood of that kind of thing happening to Mahomes?

Not to mention they were facing Montana, people (Dilfer) act like that 49ers team was somehow like this 49ers team and that's asinine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm going to a 3 million dollar house with a heated pool in West Hollywood.

Before you say gently caress you I also have a failed root canal going on and the side of my face looks like the elephant man so that's fun. I will have a strict no instagram policy regarding my likeness.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

do you live in KC

If so go to McGonigle's and get the pit beans. They're insane

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

Fresh Guacamole is never a bad look.

He's not a 49ers fan so 86 the snot fruit

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kobe was the top NBA personality in the league and is the only NBA superstar to die this early or this tragically.

Granted I do live in Los Angeles but this city is fractured, emotionally. Kobe was way more popular than Magic or Kareem which is insane.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how Dolores O’Riordan and Whitney Houston and Whitney Houston's daughter all died by accidentally drowning in their bathtubs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can provide zero assistance with your quest but I wish you luck and I await your emergence from this cave with coin in hand.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol that's such a Gym Dad Bod

edit: I feel like you need to see the whole picture for the full creepy impact

guh

ross

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 1, 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKILP

The comments are great

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Saw your post in the CC Creative Chat thread. On the off-chance you missed my reply there, here ya go.

It's been so long since I had a gang tag that I have no idea how to do it anymore but I'll figure it out for this

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Losing my mind

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl and didn't have clock management issues.

I killed myself last night. I am dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Andy is Dom Deluise in Blazing Saddles