Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
May this thread last for 5000 pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

LimburgLimbo posted:

Lol do mainland spouse visas seriously not give work permission?

They don't want dirty foreigners living in the mainland

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

The Great Autismo! posted:

Beijing metro during rush hour this morning

Looks just like any other Chinese New Year day

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ugly In The Morning posted:

What the gently caress. Do they not biopsy poo poo over there before they just start cutting our lungs?

Wealth beyond measure

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

lilbeefer posted:

What is the best actual evidence that can be given to a tankie to show that whilst China isn't a bad country necessarily it's not all unicorn farts and mapo tofu

Buy them a plane ticket to mainland China

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
It's true, the police tried to execute me this morning, but they had traded all their ammo for face masks so they let me off with a warning

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

sticksy posted:

Quasi-related to aunties, that reminds me - I'm guessing goons have more sense to, but did anyone ever visit any major tourist attractions/landmarks during May Day? I thankfully never did but seeing photos like this, I cannot even imagine how aggravating that must've been.

It's a famous place, therefore you are enjoying it (gaining face by taking the same picture everyone else takes). If there are no people around it cannot be a famous place, which means you're not enjoying it.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

BrigadierSensible posted:

On this: when I was in China I studiously avoided any sort of political, or even political adjacent chat. So can I ask goons with Mainland Chinese relatives, or who were
there longer than me, what do Mainlanders think of the CCP's international tantrums? Do they buy them? Are they embarrassed by them?

Surely you must have noticed that throwing a temper tantrum is the default response to anything unexpected

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Q1 growth is still 6% though

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Monkey Fracas posted:

BORN TO QUACK / WORLD IS A DUCK / Eat Em All 1989 / I am bill man / 410,757,864,530 DEAD LOCUSTS

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
No no, as the tankies in CSPAM explained, workers will just work (even more) overtime to catch up to those numbers

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Future hostage is a great username

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Century eggs are delicious

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

golden bubble posted:

https://www.politico.eu/article/spanish-government-under-fire-after-defective-testing-kits-fiasco/

Remember those lovely tests that the Spanish bought from China? Turns out they had gotten them from a no-name drop-shipper rather than a respectable manufacturer. Even in this time of crises, you get what you paid for at alibaba.

I have it on good authority (tankies in C-SPAM) that the tests were being used incorrectly and calling them defective is actually racist

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

McGavin posted:

Can one of the ESL teachers grade this essay?

4/10 bottles of Yanjing

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I'm pretty sure the entire Goons with Spoons forum just died from brain aneurysm

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I'm assuming it's the lack of gutter oil. I'm not shitposting, the difference in flavour has to be at least partially due to the less polluted produce.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Nonsense, the Mongolian language was created by the CIA in the 70's to foment rebellion against the communist government.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Look at these fools using some vile slave-grown grass instead of the superior sugar beet

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Nongfu water is good

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
How else would you describe Winnie the Pooh?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

McGavin posted:

FYI my wife has a PhD in immunology. She knows that the human body doesn't work this way. But, "It's better to be safe than sorry."

Now ask your wife what causes a common cold, cold air or viruses

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
The sausages are garbage, but the mystery meat you get from the street carts is good

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
It's also super dumb. It's really easy to be vegetarian in China because those dishes are both good and cheap.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Health beyond measure, outlander

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

The junk collector posted:

The last time China declared war on a bird 30 million Chinese died before China surrendered.

lol

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
It's also important to remember that "back to normal" in China is not the same as in a country with civil liberties

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
And it's not like the policy stopped people from having more than one kid, especially in the countryside. You just paid a fine of one pig to the local government or whatever in exchange for a proper hukou or if you were poor enough your kids didn't have a chance anyway, hukou or not.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
From what I've seen of my brother-in-law's kid who's in rural Dongbei, they're being educated just fine. If by education you mean nationalist CCP propaganda.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
At least in the north you have an army of olds sweeping every puddle away as soon as possible to prevent mosquitoes and here these geniuses have surrounded their village with a filthy pool of tepid water

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Just one time? Did you only visit for one day?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Wait, the US supports human rights?? Man, gently caress those guys

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I would just like to add that gently caress Winnie the Dictator for enabling more and more chengguan thugs to drive away all the good things about urban life

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nice Van My Man posted:

When Xi decided he was going to be Dictator For Life and started removing any references to how Dictators For Life might be bad. Up until that point I was somewhat optimistic.

It's this and the completely ridiculous and transparent landsea grab by force

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

McGavin posted:

Taiwan #1.

Was the match televised in China?

A temporary worker accidentally cut the feed right as China was losing

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What are the three wishes?

Long life for emperor Xi
Complete knowledge of Xi Jinping Thought
Not to be thrown into a concentration camp

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
What if you put your hands behind your back and just stand there gawping

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Is thread pro sparrow or anti sparrow? I feel like mao is the only even vaguely possible solution to climate induced grain shortages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Is thread pro half-and-half or anti half-and-half? I feel like haier is the only even vaguely possible solution to climate induced dairy digestion problems?