Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
posting on ground zero of the new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Beijing metro during rush hour this morning

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Darkest Auer posted:

Looks just like any other Chinese New Year day

bit of a stretch there

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
h5n1 outbreak reported in Hunan

quote:

A city in China’s central Hunan province reported that it had culled almost 18,000 chickens after an outbreak of H5N1 bird flu, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs said in statement on its website Saturday.

The statement didn’t say when the outbreak occurred, or when the cull happened. Hunan is next to Hubei, the epicenter of the separate coronavirus outbreak.

The avian influenza, found in a farm in Shaoyang City, killed 4,500 chickens, more than half the farm’s flock, the ministry said. The city culled almost 18,000 poultry after the outbreak. The statement said the outbreak was of a “highly pathogenic subtype” of the H5N1 flu.

Since 2003, the H5N1 avian flu has killed 455 people worldwide, according to the World Health Organization.

if you're in china right now, you really should think about getting out ASAP. this has only been reported as bird to human right now, but if this poo poo goes human to human, things are going to get really bad really quickly. like, much much much worse than they are right now.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

C-SPAM response:

Throatwarbler posted:

Have you considered the possibility that maybe white people are bad

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
well glad we settled that

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Magna Kaser posted:

Those are both from Guangzhou and Guangzhou has always had a huge issue with racism against Africans. The city has a huge African population (Nigeria and Ghana mostly iirc but I could be wrong) that primarily live in one area of town dubbed “chocolate town” by locals. You can Probably find some good pieces on that cuz it’s been a thing for years and years..

Guangdong was also the 2nd hardest hit province outside of Hubei so combine these two for people more loudly exclaiming their poo poo.

The weird foreigner garbage strips on the other hand seem to be one super angry dude and not really any more widespread than any hyper racist poo poo my aunt shares on Facebook. When those popped up mid last week in news stories claiming everyone in China saw and most agreed with them, I showed some colleagues and friends and only one had even seen them and a couple commented the dude who made them must have wanted to date a girl who was dating a foreigner or something.

Could be Shanghai bubble tho.

the black American girl I’m friends with has a ton of Facebook photo albums called like “rude people in China” and it’s her constantly confronting people either saying poo poo to her or trying to take her picture in Shanghai, so I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest that this might also be happening outside of Guangzhou

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Magna Kaser posted:

Of course it does?

I'm not sure what that has to do with me explaining how Guangzhou has a longstanding, especially bad racism-towards-black-people problem and the weird coincidence all the examples of hotels/restaurants/apartments banning black people recently are from Guangzhou (afaik, the ones I've seen have all been GZ). I didn't say "this doesn't happen in Shanghai or anywhere else" lol

All I said about Shanghai was that basically none of my coworkers had seen those comic strips of the dudes throwing foreigners in the trash till I asked if they had seen them.

I misread ur post

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blistex posted:

What's she hoping to accomplish? Or is it just for a laugh?

I think she does it as a way to "fight back", kind of like "If you're going to take my picture and put it on the internet, I'm going to take your picture and put it on the internet also". I don't know though, that's just a guess

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tarquinn posted:

Where is that racism against Blacks in China coming from? The western world with its history of colonialism and slavery has some people that really have not evolved from that mindset, but why are Chinese more racist against Blacks? What I am saying is, why aren't they equal opportunity racists?

lol

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jeoh posted:

Posting on the second lucky page of the thread. 800 pages until the next, seize the opportunity.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
haha that is pretty good

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

Chugging a liter of pocari before bed after a hard boozing session is a pro move.

ain't this the truth

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
hello comrades, just wanted to check in and make sure that everyone is doing their part to decenter eurocentrism today, and working hard to not only dismantle but completely extinguish white supremacy and western hegemony in every aspect of their daily lives. keep fighting the good fight!!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
wait a minute, this isn't C-SPAM

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LimburgLimbo posted:

Unironically yeah pretty much

hope Xi sees this bro

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
hallo、do you like basketball?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

soup of theseus

lol

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
three body problem was kind of interesting I guess? idk, I gave it 3/5 stars or whatever. it was ok, I don't understand why it got so much praise

I had zero desire to read the next two books

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I pick random pages in this thread to help remind me why I don’t miss China and this hit the spot, thank u

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
all the China threads have been so good to me. Go with God, china threads *kisses three fingers and raises them to the sky*

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

How about gently caress you assholes for years of harassment. You just couldn't let go and took a joke years too far. gently caress you.

I do kinda feel bad about buying you that avatar lol

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BrainDance posted:

Of all the things to feel harassed about... Why does it even matter? If the worse thing people say to you in a given day is "post the suit" that sounds alright.

I never ragged on you cuz I don't care but, why not just post the loving suit? Top 10 redemption arc right there bam it's done.

I bought him the av about the suit but I never, in fact, posted asking him to post the suit

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
there's been a disproportionate number of China related meltdowns on SA, I can think of at least four or five. I'd say its bizarre, but I actually don't think it is, lol

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zakrello posted:

I am a FA in HK, they knew of my presence for so long there's no point to hide behind anything. I have never done anything other then helping people out. not even chanting slogans.

Mark my words, if someone in HK being peaceful like me would gets into trouble with NSL, then any loving body can get into trouble, and HK the place will be of no value to anyone anymore.

What we really wanted is to save our next generation which is the boys and girls who cannot affort / have no skills yet to get outta here. personally I really appreciate the world's response in helping us, and I totally understands there are whole lots of political/economical/humanitarian issues other countries needs to clarify and balance out before doing anything, so such a quick response into NSL is really awesome and much appreciated. Our middle class or above probably have not much issue getting out if they wanted to (other then assets which idfc). When poo poo actually hits the fan, please help OUR KIDS out.

I know, kids being kids they can't produce the value we grown up could bring to the table right away, become a short > medium term burden for sure. but they are the aspiring one here, they formed the lines here, they gets the hits every loving where, while grown ups hosed up everything before they were even born and is now too afraid to even type stuff online.

thanks for reading a random rear end stranger's rant.

btw I won't commit suicide if it gets to matter in the future

Kill All Cops posted:

hmm... not seeing a lot of correlation between the China posters in the LAN thread and the CSPAM thread...

Imperialist Dog posted:

I've been quiet because I knew one day this would happen.

Still waiting for my CIA paycheque btw.

I got a lot of love for the HK goons. im a horrible shitter poster and person and they accepted me with open arms and were nothing but saintly to me. love you dudes...y'all take care of yourselves, and if you find yourself in Honolulu, you better holler. we'll put you up if it comes to that!!

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fojar38 posted:

Tsinghua Professor Xu Zhangrun was recently detained by the Chinese government for his outspoken criticism of Xi Jinping

The reason why is his latest essay that was published in February, "When Fury Overcomes Fear."

There is a translation available at this link and I suggest everyone read it, if simply to appreciate the burns that he lays down practically every other sentence

https://www.chinafile.com/reporting-opinion/viewpoint/viral-alarm-when-fury-overcomes-fear

“the ranting and raving of a white sexpat loser who is jealous more Chinese girls won’t have sex with him and he is being cucked by Chinese men” -CSPAM

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Who is "we"? US? You know the trade war has been fought for the entire year of last year right? Trade policy is no longer an effective tool America (or any country) has leverage over China.

Post Covid, the Chinese GDP will catch up to US even faster, just look at the world bank/IMF/etc prejections.

truly the west can only salivate with jealousy

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry to be rude.

But by "they" do you mean The Party, or you FIL's family?

Coz if your FIL keeps his passport in a safe in his own house, then that's cool. Just being careful.

But if the safe in which your Father in Law's passport is at party headquarters, then loving hell, that must suck for him, and by extension your spouse.

Again, sorry for potentially misunderstanding your post.

why are you sorry

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

D-Pad posted:

I've got a friend who won't shut up about how the three gorges dam is going to collapse at any moment. I can't find any non-questionable news sources about this, but at the same time it is China.

Is there actually a chance this happens?

actually, do you know USA sucks? makes you think

sorry just using this space practicing for CSPAM

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

And we all know Trump polling number has been pretty bad recently. If the Trump number is still terrible come Sep/Oct I wouldn't be surprise if Trump throw a hail mary. What is a hail mary you ask? I wouldn't be surprised if Trump bomb the military structures on the SCS man made islands. Something like this place. I can't follow all these different reefs in SCS but if US want to do something militarily, I would put money on one of the rocks inside Philippine's claim.

someone make this my avatar

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

Got yelled at many a time for saying Genghis Khan and the Mongols were not Chinese.

this also happened to me, from two university professors, no less. lol.

you do you, China

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...impression=true

quote:

American coaches at three NBA training academies in China told league officials their Chinese partners were physically abusing young players and failing to provide schooling, even though commissioner Adam Silver had said that education would be central to the program, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the complaints.

The NBA ran into myriad problems by opening one of the academies in Xinjiang, a police state in western China where more than a million Uighur Muslims are now held in barbed-wire camps. American coaches were frequently harassed and surveilled in Xinjiang, the sources said. One American coach was detained three times without cause; he and others were unable to obtain housing because of their status as foreigners.

A former league employee compared the atmosphere when he worked in Xinjiang to "World War II Germany."

:munch:

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
wonder if noted scholar and high-school educated public intellectual LeBron James still thinks Daryl Morey needs to "educate" himself on issues in China, because as LeBron noted, "there were ramifications to free speech and that people could have been hurt financially, physically, and emotionally by Morey's tweet."

dude isn't a clown, he's the entire circus

I, for one, hope all this money from china goes up in smoke with every bridge burned

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GoutPatrol posted:

you do not gonna hand it to Stiglich, the cartoonist, he is a big racist

As for beef noodles, a part of it is the broth itself, it is hard to get that same kind of flavor at home compared to a restaurant that has that simmering forever stock to pull from.

I’m under the working impression in 2020 that everything is racist so who cares

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

so glad I am working my way through this thread and didn't just skip the last 1000 pages or so lol

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is certainly a frivolous question, so I am sorry.

mate have you ever asked a question about China before without apologizing first

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

Word play so pick 1 or 2 or 3 or 4th spicy or all versions. Depends on your cultural context and how smart or dumb you want it to be.

or how offended u want to be

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
it wasn't me this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Strategic Tea posted:

this is killing