Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

I get what they’re going for but oof, “Chinese people are not sophisticated in general”

New thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

No Pants posted:

What most people assume they mean is the parts of the world claiming some sort of descent or influence from the Roman Catholic Church or [western] Roman Empire. But dividing the world in this way is vague and stupid, yes.

What? So the whole Anglosphere is not part of the West, being protestant or Anglican and all? Latin America on the other hand is mostly Catholic, is that more West than the USA? Or if you mean a very broad definition of Catholic influence, then most of Africa should be counted as West too. As should Japan and many parts of SEA.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

I wish I can some day find such harmony and balance.

bad_fmr fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 25, 2022

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Im way out of the loop. What happened to him?

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

The great country distributes means of space travel freely to the people.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

WeChat X - the everything app!

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Your quest, noble adventurers is to out to the fields and slay all the evil sparrows you can find.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Probably the most difficult things we did in FDF training were night time foot recon missions. No GPS, just maps and compass. Of course need to stay in concealment so no lights except to read the map under a tarp or someting. And only night vision gear we had were like two lovely scopes. Funny how it gets quite a bit more difficult to determine your location when you cannot see any landmarks because of the darkness.

Of course getting the lovely ancient comms systems to work while on mission in the freezing dark was always fun.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Found some sage advice from a tibetan yak herder:

https://twitter.com/naaiyaudo/status/1729517903668740463

Edit: wrong thread w/e I'm leaving it.

:piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted: