Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Getting in on the ground floor of The corona virus hospital, even though i havent worked for the chinese for a year now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

My company forbid all travel to China and strongly discourages any travel to asia right now at all.

Have there been any confirmed cases in Shanghai or Dalian?

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Blistex posted:

This is correct. First night staying in a hotel I received three calls from hotel employees of increasingly better English skills.

9:00pm - "Herroror you wa. . . . amowouh . . . nigah. . ." <dial tone>
10:30pm - "Hello, alone. . . help . . . nigah . . . help?" <dial tone>
11:00pm - "Hello, you need massage from pretty girl?
Me: "No thanks, I am trying to sleep."
12:00pm - <phone rings>
<unplugs phone>

This got a chuckle out of me, that mustve been surreal

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Phone posting for luck.

Whats the best way to post images nowadays

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

If you are on iOS use the imgur shortcut.

Android :(

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Ive drunkenly fell asleep in the ueno station toilet. Friends got me out before anyone else.

Im thinking of touring the Japanese country side on a motorcycle, how much should i expect disdain as a foreigner, i know enough japanese to survive but cant carry much of a conversation.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Same as anywhere, pretty much none if you don't act like a dickhead. Just accept that you are inevitably going to get stuck behind a kei truck driven by an old, doing 20 under the limit on a two-lane road with no passing zones.

Having a bike is kind of an "in" and can be a nice conversation starter with other bikers. Something I try and do is have an album on my phone that has some of my old bikes/travel pics to augment my limited Japanese. Some local, hole-in-the-wall places will have handwritten, wall-of-text menus with no pictures to help you; if you can read katakana that will help with menus, although there are some OCR/translate apps that use your phone's camera that can help.

Rider's Houses are kinda like hostels for cyclists/motorcyclists and worth seeking out. They're a pretty good value for money but also a great way to meet other motorcyclists. Campgrounds tend to nicer than you'd expect - the average Japanese person's conception of camping is basically bringing a portable version of their living room with them.

I read a hilarious post somewhere on reddit a year or two ago where someone insisted you could not possibly hope to free camp anywhere in country because there's an ojiisan behind every rock in the country or something. Suffice to say that's not the case, not sure on the legality, but I never had a problem finding an out of the way place to pitch a tent if I didn't feel like a proper campground. Onsens are a good place to shower if you go this route.

Finally, don't be like my mate and fill your bike with diesel (軽油, the green one). I left Japan almost 6 years ago and I still double check every time I fill up with a green nozzle :v:

Oh hey thanks, great post! Yeah i read yellow is premium gasoline. I was thinking of either hotels or riders houses. Dont really want to try camping on the first go around. Japanese camping is indeed hilarious based on the youtube videos ive seen.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Why is China meddling in European internal affairs

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

How much for you to post the suit

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Barudak posted:

It sounds "smarter" and is even vaguer and encompasses a lot more mundane boring jobs so higher odds baby!

Is this why CSPAM loves to call Brown Moses a CIA spook? Its weird when it shows up in regular threads.

Actually NVM, its weird anytime it happens.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Both USA and China are places Id like to visit and both have made it so that due to their politics, internal or external, I dont want to :v:

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I want to say China is cool and good but as long as the Uyghur genocide continues and Xi concentrates power, it wont. Hope China becomes a better place for everyone.

Taiwan is extremely cool and good and I want to visit when all of this blows over.

I dont really understand the posting vendetta against this thread.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I want baijiu :( best gift we received from the chinese embassy when we shipped one officials car back to china was a bottle i dont remember the name off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/22/china/edf-taishan-nuclear-plant-china-intl-hnk/index.html

whats all this then

Problems at China nuclear power plant are serious enough to warrant shutdown, French co-owner warns