Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

spacestronaut posted:

So as an American trans woman, just how quickly would I vanish if I were to set foot on the mainland. (Aside from shenzhen, I've heard Americans can get away with a lot more there.)

many threads ago i posted a tumblr vid of two trans ladies performing fellatio on each other in a hotpot diner booth with their totally straight male friends next to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

BrainDance posted:

Excuse me mister this is 2020

uhh gently caress there goes my social credits!!!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Tarkus posted:

My girlfriend's mom calls waitresses 'Pretty Girl' in Cantonese when we eat at a Chinese place. Dunno if it's a Hong Kong thing or a general term for a woman who serves in a business.

having yum cha and no one coming to serve you? call out pretty girl/boy to the first person you see

getting ready to haggle the poo poo out of stuff? call them boss and if they actually are the boss call them big brother

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
throw in getting yelled at by drones and we may as well be doing a half life 2 larp

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
mods rename me to pigdozer tia

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Mozi posted:

i find it frustrating because i can't gauge the level of sarcasm anymore

at the heart of every chinese person is ingenuity, from riding pigs to wearing sawn off water tanks, we're all along for the ride so :justpost:

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
p sure ikea is across most of china and has imported scandinavian foods at decent prices

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i like my horse meat raw with a light sear

also ikea herring in dill and onion is great, i could eat it everyday if i had to be quarantined

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

wtf is this paid shilling lmao

mesh networking is the real future

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
all this running with the money talk reminds me of about 10 years ago, where a chinese guy working the petrol station gets overpaid by like a mil

took off with his wife whos local over to china to never be heard from again until like a good few years later. think it went along the lines of wife couldn't handle it and came back first with the daughter then few years after the guy came back due to running out of money

the petrol station straight up closed and got bulldozed when it happened

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

A Chengdu band I like was scheduled to play SXSW and cancelled due to coronavirus.

Thanks coronavirus.

i got paid in cash for a bunch of jobs and was gonna blow it on whores n rear end now i'm spending it on groceries n gas

thanks coronavirus

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
china - tcm over 5000 year

korea - tcm but religious

america - tcm with rocks and minerals

russia - liquid tcm

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the film/book gone girl but with chinese characteristics

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i can already see the 1 star rating on aliexpress...

ordered test kits 3 weeks ago, finally arrived, but doesn't work, only works sometimes!!

to which the seller goes

you did not read the instructions or contact us first, test kits are not faulty, instruction clearly say to use 5 kits each sample. you are being very dishonest giving 1 star rating, you have ordered the wrong test kit so we are not at fault, we have selling other test kits that you should have asked us for which situation is right for you. we will issue no refund since you already rate us 1 star.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
someone will appropriate it's use for tinder

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Squalid posted:

I know a manager at a wildlife reserve who hit the only Pangolin to be sighted in his reserve in the past 50 years with his truck and killed it

and then it showed up on one of those road kill cooking shows

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
rolled up counterfeit polo shirts with exposed belly is the offical wear of the chinese nationalist

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
annex gbs from sa

independence now

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
we'll have to migrate to hkgolden

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
so i skipped like about 1000 posts, but what's our hk posting pal caberham up to ever since he permaed himself??

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
pour one out for hk

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
some of these posts sound just like my dad when he watches the news on tvb

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
how much is george soros paying for dead cops?? asking for a friend

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
just checked whataboutism off the bingo card

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
hong kong liberator would be an epic band name or a huge sextoy

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
ey who remembers the title of that banned hk film about hk 2050 where canto is gone and the glorious four tone mandarin is enforced

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
back in 2016 i remember hearing about some boys from xinjiang rolled in by train into guangzhou and immediately started terrorising the station, but were p much neutralised as quick as they got off

i think around that time was also r/china peaking with some kinda inferiority complex

i miss the china is cool and good rhetoric and now all we have left is america abused you as a kid and you're not chinese so you won't understand rhetoric

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

My autism is acting up, what's the implication?

same

i think it's her pose pushing out her chest next to a telephone pole

can't tell which is straighter

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Squalid posted:

I know this thread has a lot of people who work in industries related to international trade with China. So I was wondering if the end of Hong Kong's preferential status is going to have any immediate effects on business? I'm having a hard time gauging just how meaningful and impactful this change in policy will be.

same

i'm thinkin bout how it's gonna effect all the people smuggling milk powder and steaks by taking a train between hong kong and china

poo poo practically everything on taobao is just some extreme form of uber eats of crap brought in from hk

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

Tsinghua Professor Xu Zhangrun was recently detained by the Chinese government for his outspoken criticism of Xi Jinping

The reason why is his latest essay that was published in February, "When Fury Overcomes Fear."

There is a translation available at this link and I suggest everyone read it, if simply to appreciate the burns that he lays down practically every other sentence

https://www.chinafile.com/reporting-opinion/viewpoint/viral-alarm-when-fury-overcomes-fear

mods rename me to wechat terror

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
nah they're just doing drills on organising people during the chinese new year rush

not guards, just train attendants, and the blindfolds are tcm because it's really sunny outside!!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
sim tower was wacky to me as a kid but then you learn it was actually made by a japanese guy... and all those terrorist attacks made sense, among other things

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
there's always one or two mooncakes left in the fridge... from the year before

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the most memorable character from cixin liu is deckard but with chinese characteristics

the three pack a day problem

also ma jian is where it at, dude is so baller, his life was pretty much 1984 but in the end he marries his translator in the uk

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i'd like to get back to talking about mooncakes but while we're at it

fast and furious movies are clearly the better version of star wars

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

I read that and could not understand a word. But that is probably coz I am an old, who doesn't understand either vidja games or people playing them on the internet.

Could you explain in plainer language please.

ww3 will be fought with words and memes, all for that anime waifu

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
so talkin about china in the china thread... anyone remember that absolute unit MMA fighter that beat up a bunch of wuxia and kung fu dudes?? i'm hella surprised that he didn't get dissappeared and is alive and relatively well, infact even has a youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIXOIjR2mp8tHz78DE0vj2A

most recent vid about him was made by count dankula
https://youtu.be/AOKv5UaZ1_w

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Squalid posted:

i on the other hand, look forward to the Chinese led corporate cyberpunk dystopia.

i can't wait for another kowloon walled city

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

That's a fuckin' weird way to say Sleeping Dogs, my lad.

are you sure you don't mean stranglehold by john woo??

also the cantonese dub of rise to honor is cool as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
p sure this is the defacto nz thread now