Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

font color sea posted:

traditional chinese medicine

I'm more worried by the traditional Chinese dentistry on display.

The comedic timing on these is extraordinary. Just amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Despera posted:

praire dogs carry it. but fleas are known for jumping

And that's just what they'll do; one of these days these fleas are gonna jump all over you.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

I chose a real bad day to see what's happening in the China Thread

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Control of Chinese athletes used to be so overbearing that even in the early 80's Olympic athletes were told who they were to marry. Yao Ming's parents were pretty much told they were going to marry and produce a child as a eugenics project to make an athlete.

The kwisatz haderach of throwing a ball into a hoop

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

McGavin posted:

He was supposed to have been a girl! :mad:

The Padishah Emperor is undisputed ruler over trillions of humans across the entire galaxy (and has banned pictures of Winnie the Pooh because it hurts his feelings)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Atlas Hugged posted:

To me, identifying kids from an early age and dumping time and resources into them until they burn out and winnowing down to the handful that survive the process as a recruiting system is pretty stupid since it ignores everyone that develops athleticism after kindergarten.

Aha, but don't you see, once you've produced Ultra Mega Athletes, you can parade them upon the world stage to awe other nations with your strength and power! (aaaaand then undo it all by whining constantly about your feelings being hurt after other countries got medals)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
We need some kind of invasion of vigorous steppe peoples to shake things up and clear out the failsons.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

trunkh posted:

Despite the help of multiple organisations and institutions. The tourist was forced to crawl themselves to safety and forced to get psychological help.

That's why.

Psychological help? I hear the PRC has a nifty app for dealing with unhelpful thoughts and opinions.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Help, I am a foreign policy dullard. Can someone plz help me understand China's policy of making every neighbouring country hate them. I honestly thought their "get people to like China" policy was going pretty well??

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Hopefully, they should? This is China, so who knows. Even if the water they're standing in is electrified, they're still in greater risk of drowning because they have the same voltage as the water they're in. It becomes dangerous when they encounter something with a very different voltage that can complete a circuit.

I just realised I don't understand electricity.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Don Gato posted:

They'll probably start another spat over a disputed island like every time something bad happens domestically.

Australia counts as an island, right?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
This hurts the feelings of the Chinese person.

You know the one.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Atopian posted:

I suppose it comes down to, "how much do you value the lives of a significant percentage the old and vulnerable?", on a scale from "USA!" to "???".

I feel kind of bad for snort-laughing at this phrase

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Every page was a sparkling cascade of wonderment, OP.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Empty Sandwich posted:

I was really surprised to learn that Wagga Wagga is a real place

It's the next town over from where I live. It has 70k people, which in Australian terms is a city and in Chinese terms is a village

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

McGavin posted:

Canada would never name a place something that stupid. :lofty::canada:

I live halfway between Yass and Burrumbuttock.
Wanna swap countries?