Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Grand Fromage posted:

Four of my top five worst public toilets are in China.

Beijing Summer Public Toilet is my number one cursed candle scent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Anybody able to get a copy of the last issue of Apple Daily?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Terminal autist posted:

So what radicalized everyone here?

The poo poo in HK did it for me.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

This thread is wild.

Content: "Yeah but America did X Y Z!" responses to the Xinjiang poo poo need to be categorized between "every country gets at least one genocide" bad takes and "let's learn from history and not do that bad thing" good takes.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

LimburgLimbo posted:

The Chinese govt's own Daily Show looking very solid and not at all disturbing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU7m9IZV1Dw

This is surrealist art.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Clearly whoever wrote that for The Onion thinks so.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Here's the actual peer reviewed journal piece:

https://journals.univie.ac.at/index.php/jeacs/article/view/7336/7290

Example:

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

If a random tourist accidentally wore a Winnie the Pooh t-shirt through Chinese immigration would they be denied entry into the country?

Serious question.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I'm late for China-neighbors chat, but Vietnam was super cool to visit.

When you apply for your visa they give it to you in a packet hat also has the personal info and passports of other random tourists who are also applying, which was cool.

We visited around the time Star Wars Rogue One came out. When we'd cross the sea of scooters that unceasingly flowed down every street, we would repeat "I am one with the force the force is with me..." over and over. It was fun.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The size of Montana is right there in the name. Its One (Mon) Tan (Unit of size) A's (Ratio of euclidian nominal gravitational depth notations).

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Is this a chinese thing? I used to see dudes doing this a ton in nicaragua but never asked what the story behind it was

it's definitely a look

I've heard it referred to as the "Beijing Bikini"

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Has HK really opened up? They seem primed for a really bad Covid surge at precisely..... now.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

We're in Hong Kong to see family and one of the weirder things we keep seeing are these super long lines of old people in the early morning. They stretch around all 4 sides of a city block sometimes, and best we can tell they're all waiting to buy a newspaper from a single vendor. Mrs. Scam Likrly says there's nothing HK'ers love more than a line to stand in. Must be an incredible newspaper.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

They cut off the last few seconds where one of the assailants produces a glass of ice water.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Ups_rail posted:

.............that makes me sad

It's loving insane that one child policy was in place until 2015. :smith:

Like, yeah, in 1984 they made it so you could legally try again for a boy, but good lord what a hosed up source of needless misery and suffering.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

My cryptic "recommend avoiding this movie" post has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my post.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

What are gun laws like in China? Are they more restrictive than in Japan?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Mons Hubris posted:

When I visited last September we were able to link an American card to both WeChat and Alipay, but WeChat was not super reliable. I think that changed with WeChat in like July or August.

So this explains why my old rear end WeChat account from like 2019 no longer worked when we recently tried to connect to a local Mandarin speaking daycare service.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

What does the scouter say about his power level?

It's over nine dashes!

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Yes but have considered the fact that GOVT IS TRYING TO BAN THE THING I LIKE?!? :byodood:

No I will not learn a single thing more than that unless it's force fed to me via Tik Tok's algorithmic filter.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Before we debate it further, it's important to reiterate what a bottomless well of highly original quality unscripted content Tik Tok truly is.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7323636970205302059

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Korea apologizes for any offense caused by Korea's China's statement regarding international responses to the earthquake in Korea's China's Taiwan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

drat that owns