Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

If we're talking food, I agree.

I don't care how much cancer I got eating in China, it was worth it.

I cannot find any good Sichuan food in Perth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Anemone Thief posted:

Come to melbourne then there's shitloads and it owns

I know! I've just moved back from Melbourne. Awesome places out Clayton way....

Grand Fromage posted:

That sucks. Gotta get cooking, it's not too hard.

I've tried! My least worst effort was Lasiji which is a favourite of mine. But it's just not the same... Maybe the lack of gutter oil

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 28, 2020

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

What is the peanut brittle thing

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Platystemon posted:

"It's all poo poo"

I followed the thread a lot and am well aware of the Haier stories, and early Rene Cheng (sp) stuff but it got too hard to follow. I'm disappointed I had to read the peanut brittle story for the first time. Disappointed and in awe.

FWIW the push to restart megathreads is a great idea

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Agreed. That has got to be selective photography and a made up story to go with it. I'd love it to be true however.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Bobcats posted:

It’s hosed how my emergency radar has been pegged since 9/11 and I can’t seem to feel one way or the other about this maybe or maybe-not doomsday.

Come and fight me you virus bitch.

I was actually thinking that this morning. At least once a week since 9/11 I have woke up and wondered if any godawful disasters have occured overnight, while I reach for my phone.

Inevitably I just see that it was just a huge earthquake or a virus outbreak and just go get some breakfast.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

What is the best actual evidence that can be given to a tankie to show that whilst China isn't a bad country necessarily it's not all unicorn farts and mapo tofu

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

Get them tickets to Shen Yun

He's a friend and I dont hate him

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

BrainDance posted:

What kind of stuff specifically is he going on about?

tbh there's probably not much you can do, but if you're gonna do anything you have to figure out what and why he believes what he does. It's not often about what's true, like you know how batshits on the right argue ridiculous things they know on some level aren't true, but their goal is more to own the libs? It's like that with more misinterpretation of books they haven't read.

So much stuff. I don't know where to begin. For example I asked him if he thought that the WHO declaring a global emergency was just media bullshit, and his response was something along the line of "90% yes, and not just any media hype but weaponised media hype, sparking a whole new era of sinophobic"

I didn't even mention china

I mean wether or not it is true, why is it construed as an attacked against china?

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 1, 2020

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Exactlly what I am chasing. Now I just need to wait for him to explain why NYtimes is bias against china or somesuch

BrainDance posted:

Edit: With the very little you've told us I kind of suspect your friend is just really new to these ideas and 50/50 shot he comes out of it on his own. You gotta be a special kind of idiot to come to the other conclusion. And if that's the case I dont know if it's worth your time. Most leftists put him in the same camp as reactionaries and liberals, or maybe worse.

Sorry I don't want to be too specific about him. But he describes himself as an authoritarian and says reddit is far too liberal for him to post on. I asked him if he has been hooked hard by wumaos and he told me to go to r/thedonald because that is the sort of poo poo they say.

2 DiFfEReNt ThINgS CanNoT Be BaD

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Do not give this dickhead airtime (the artist, not supreme leader Xi)

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

lushsux is an alt-right dickhead that is unwittingly hired by trendy homeowners and businesses to stencil memes on prime street art real estate. gently caress him and his forgettable unimaginative bullshit.

\/\/\/\/ exactly. Utter destruction of space, is all he does.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

BECAUSE LUSHSUX

edit: he was probably paid to throw this up by some morone who didnt want the ears obstructing his weird solar powered security light thing

It doesnt actually matter because it is a funny meme and the business owner gets huge kudos for being urban

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 2, 2020

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Lemon posted:

if he isn't respected by the local street-art community, what's stopping them from just painting over his poo poo? I get not liking him, but I don't understand how he is stealing real estate.

Because we live in a hell world where poo poo murals are protected if they have been purchased on the open market or some poo poo

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Virus from china

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Yo tell me why the big fish market is gross

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

This forum shall keep the spirit of Rene Chang alive for as long as it's around

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

This link doesn't seem to load for me

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

As much as I agree about America's effective monopoly on force projection, do remember that everyone has their own nukes by this point.

Lots of countries don't have nukes. Like the vast majority

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

poo poo pee pee posted:

ME: Donald Trump please free us, send in the troops, war war war
ALSO ME: what the gently caress i hate genocidal dictators and have a legitimate concern for the chinese people that i clearly genuinely hate and have spent 10 years posting racist bullshit about on the something awful forums

Who the gently caress is saying any of this poo poo
Quote examples

Classic tankie whattaboutism

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Why do tankies whattabout so hard on a forum known for being extremely critical of the US government and capitalism as a whole? What is so hard to understand about 2 things can be bad at the same time?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Tarquinn posted:

Okay, I have to ask: Why are China weaboos called Tankies? Is it related to the tanks in Tiananmen Square?

Nothing happened at Tiananmen Square so I cannot comment

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Can China please stop punishing Australia because Scomo asked for a coronavirus enquiry?

Yes Australia sucks America's dick, and Scomo is an idiot. I am not sure what they hope to achieve with all these import rejections though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Twitter needs to be unbanned everywhere because even in X form its loving hilarious